Regarding felinids/catpeople

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions

Moderator: In-Game Head Admins

afelinidisfinetoo
 
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:54 am
Byond Username: A felinid is fine too

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby afelinidisfinetoo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:39 am #448503

oranges wrote:You have achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is no thing left to take away.

You will surely "achieve perfection" by censoring whatever things nu-age moral outragers throw a recreational tantrum about. By the way I'm not an alt, I was just drawn back to SS13 by the news that it now has catgirls.



User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby oranges » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:44 am #448505

I'm happy to accommodate nu-age outragers, as long as there's more of them

User avatar
subject217
Github User
 
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 pm
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby subject217 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:00 am #448507

what if you accommodated both groups.......or accommodated the group that doesn't parasitize other groups in order to stay...................
thankfully former admin
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20553

afelinidisfinetoo
 
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:54 am
Byond Username: A felinid is fine too

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby afelinidisfinetoo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:04 am #448508

oranges wrote:I'm happy to accommodate nu-age outragers, as long as there's more of them

Okay, you posted your gay quote about perfection, here is a very straight quote by Socrates.
>"If you were setting out to sea, who would you ideally want deciding who was in charge of the vessel, just anyone, or people educated in the rules and demands of seafaring?"
Most people are not game designers. If you allow a 50.1% majority to decide the path of the game you're just gambling. Do you really think this is a productive method of game design, to brainlessly follow whatever the largest number of people want? This is exactly what has landed SS13 in such a sorry state, the fact that it has no solid leadership behind its development, just a schizophrenic spam of random ideas by hundreds of people. Further scatterbraining the direction of the game by polling players on what is and isn't good is not a step forward.

By the way, as for "You have achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is no thing left to take away.", characterizing this blatant moral censorship as some kind of beautiful reductionist game design thing is ridiculous. This has nothing to do with simplifying the game, you aren't going to start removing the gigantic tumorous masses of bullshit that have accumulated on the codebase over the years. You're post rationalizing censorship as something it isn't.
Last edited by afelinidisfinetoo on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby oranges » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:06 am #448509

hey the drooling masses are better than anything I could come up with, we haven't had anything resembling actual game design ever, so I don’t' know why you suddenly expect us to have some now

afelinidisfinetoo
 
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:54 am
Byond Username: A felinid is fine too

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby afelinidisfinetoo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:12 am #448510

Disregard any moral outrage about "degeneracy" or "slippery slope to us LITERALLY BEING THE FURRY SERVER!" and consider in your mind whether felinids are a positive or negative for the enjoyment of your garden variety SS13 player. And you can't just refer to the split vote, because people voting no to felinids does not mean they don't enjoy them, only that they think they shouldn't be allowed, for reasons I already mentioned.

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby iamgoofball » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:13 am #448511

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:"demanding felinids be removed is anti-sex fear mongering even though felinids totally aren't sexual i swear guys"

did you just try to compare America's horrible problem with treating the sexuality of humans in a horrible way to people getting their rocks off in a video game not intended for pornographic purposes over a furry fetish

maximum lol, also go fuck yourself you cunt who can't drop this steaming hot take on your real account

crawl back to whatever discord you're posting this in for "teh lulz"

afelinidisfinetoo
 
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:54 am
Byond Username: A felinid is fine too

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby afelinidisfinetoo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:26 am #448512

iamgoofball wrote:
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:"demanding felinids be removed is anti-sex fear mongering even though felinids totally aren't sexual i swear guys"



Are you denying that the people against felinids are pearl-clutching outragers who are cranky that some distantly sex-appeal-related thing is in the game? That is exactly what is happening. There is also a large social element where they all try to present themselves as ``the biggest most based anti-degen'' for social kudos. A lot of TGstation's forums and PR culture is like some kind of social dynamics experiment where researchers pit rats against each other and observe how they form into bizarre pseudocliques, each of them jockeying to be loved by the others.

did you just try to compare America's horrible problem with treating the sexuality of humans in a horrible way to people getting their rocks off in a video game not intended for pornographic purposes over a furry fetish

I have no idea what point you're trying to make here. Are you trying to say that felinids should be banned because it is theoretically possible that someone might jerk their dick to them? You are pretty much proving what I said about this entire pushback against felinids being born from insane antisex brainwashing.

By the way, like I said:
To anyone against felinids, please do not reply with lowercaps irony.

Why do you continue to put up this "I do not care about anything, even grammar" act when you spend at least twelve hours per day stirring shit and attempting to curry ``based goofball!'' replies?
Last edited by afelinidisfinetoo on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Karp » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:27 am #448513

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:The community is almost perfectly divided here. It's 50/50. I'm sure oranges is losing sleep trying to find a new filter he can apply to the votes to get whichever result he personally wants at the moment.


I dislike the repolling immensely and i think oranges fucked up doing it but that has to be the single dumbest statement I've seen relating to this thread

Even if you're upset about the poll results being steve harvey'd by oranges he's intentionally avoided touching the PR while planning out what to do

the real secret is:
Spoiler:
there's a discussion on the admin forums about what the poll should be between everyone


This is not some evil conspiracy by oranges
Image
Image

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Karp » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:33 am #448519

thank you cat man i'm sorry for my rude words

Goof you can't deny that the sexualizing point and calling it a furry fetish is blowing this entire thing out of proportion

it's been a thing in otaku culture because it's cute for a long while now and most people who like things like catgirls and doggirls tend to not be furries but instead massive weeaboos and otakus

you're just calling it furry fetish fuel to strawman the argument, people arguing against anime on a 4chan derivative server would likley be laughed out

The internet punching bag boogeyman "the furries" is easier to attack than anime on a 4chan server
Image
Image

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby iamgoofball » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:28 am #448526

Karp wrote:Goof you can't deny that the sexualizing point and calling it a furry fetish is blowing this entire thing out of proportion

it's been a thing in otaku culture


it is a thing in otaku culture because it's sexualized you fucking dipshit stop pretending that the google image pages for catgirl doesn't fucking show you what it means to average joe if you go full VPN and disable cookies and tracking
Last edited by iamgoofball on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

User avatar
gum disease
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:14 pm
Location: England
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby gum disease » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:59 am #448538

orange man bad
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby oranges » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:08 am #448542

Shezza wrote:sawrge
remie


nothing lost here

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

User avatar
Karp
 
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:54 am
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby Karp » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:10 am #448545

iamgoofball wrote:
Karp wrote:Goof you can't deny that the sexualizing point and calling it a furry fetish is blowing this entire thing out of proportion

it's been a thing in otaku culture


it is a thing in otaku culture because it's sexualized you fucking dipshit stop pretending that the google image pages for catgirl doesn't fucking show you what it means to average joe if you go full VPN and disable cookies and tracking

Image

Sex Sells

Things being cute and attractive sell

Call it sexualized for being attractive to people but that's the marketing for most things

These are still companies trying to sell their products in figurines etc and while it's weird it's not furry and a weeaboo thing

people still like things that might be sexualized just for what they are

it's like saying people who listen to rap are misogynistic and racist

It's fetishised yes but something being fetishised doesn't mean it's a flat out sexual fetish thing, it's like saying leather clothing is fetish fuel for creepy S&M fetishists
Image
Image

User avatar
iamgoofball
Github User
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:50 pm
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby iamgoofball » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:13 am #448546

Karp wrote:It's fetishised yes but something being fetishised doesn't mean it's a flat out sexual fetish thing, it's like saying leather clothing is fetish fuel for creepy S&M fetishists

all the default examples for it have it being a sexualized fetish thing or combined with other common over-sexualized annie may tropes though????????

and considering the retards in the ss13 community quite frankly it's unacceptable to ignore this

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

User avatar
delaron
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:44 pm
Byond Username: Delaron

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

Postby delaron » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:30 am #448555

The world is a big place with a vast array of life experiences. Might be worth the energy to realize how little a single person is capable of taking in when comparing the whole of what is possible.


Anyway actual on hand topic

I am having trouble understanding the issue you are trying to resolve.

Who is this benifit for?

What was is gained in the feature removal?

Is this issue against some one or a group as a whole?

Do you have logs to back up your presented issue? Is this opinion or fact?

Can someone clearly detail the need for feature removal and justify work hours (or less) to resolve the issue?
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:58 pm.
Reason: Rule 1, Rule 1.3, Rule 7

PreviousNext

Return to Town Hall

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users