Page 2 of 9

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:00 pm
by captain sawrge
oranges wrote:I am sick and tired the disingenuous bullshit put out by Nervere and Arianya
The poll result is clear, the votes are clear, it is absolutely not just a github issue
at least 50% of the playerbase is fed up with this fucking feature
There is no other feature that is this divisive and still kept in the game
it is utterly spineless to ignore this result and I will not do it
I tell you waht though, I'm willing to be reasonable, So I'll give you 48 hours to make a case to MSo
if you can convince him I'll listen
otherwise get the fuck off my case

i mean do whaterever you want with "yoyr" code but lol @ taking this stance when this shit's been poleld like 2 (3?) times before and was a decisive vote in the other direction, and now it passes by one single vote because someone in your camp decided to engineer more drama about it

seems like every single time shit like this happens its because people are engineering drama about it and using their engineered drama to point and say "look at all the strife and probles mti causes!!"

lol mayvbe you should follow your own advice and have a fucking spine. just say you're nixing it because you don't like it and the poll was a convenient excuse. don't fault them for not following democracy when it was obvious this was never going to come down to democracy because any time the poll ends in favor of the feature it just resets the clock to the next vote.

fucking baby.

[Deleted]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 pm
by captain sawrge
PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:47 am.
Reason: offtopic and/or spam.

[Deleted]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:01 pm
by obscolene
PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:47 am.
Reason: offtopic and/or spam.

[Deleted]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:05 pm
by Qbmax32
PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:47 am.
Reason: offtopic and/or spam.

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:07 pm
by oranges
captain sawrge wrote:lol mayvbe you should follow your own advice and have a fucking spine. just say you're nixing it because you don't like it and the poll was a convenient excuse. don't fault them for not following democracy when it was obvious this was never going to come down to democracy because any time the poll ends in favor of the feature it just resets the clock to the next vote.

fucking baby.

t. meteor man ;)

[Deleted]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:08 pm
by Denton
PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:47 am.
Reason: offtopic and/or spam.

[Deleted]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:09 pm
by Nilons
PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:47 am.
Reason: offtopic and/or spam.

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:10 pm
by Qustinnus
Shezza wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:
Shezza wrote:
subject217 wrote:
obscolene wrote:Implying this will stop their removal

Implying oranges will merge it, implying the server will stay updated with it, implying that it can't simply be reverted in a testmerge, et cetera

implying we can't just repowar and render oranges a powerless cuck

youd be a shit headmin but lets imagine you did shit well
>all the catgirls will go to your station
>most coders dislike felinids
>the ones that do are either garbage or will care more about upstream


honestly please do make terrastation it sounds like heaven. oranges wouldnt lose much leverage at any point here and if anything only get more


Terrastation?

isnt that what you called that shit

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:12 pm
by Qustinnus
captain sawrge wrote:
oranges wrote:I am sick and tired the disingenuous bullshit put out by Nervere and Arianya
The poll result is clear, the votes are clear, it is absolutely not just a github issue
at least 50% of the playerbase is fed up with this fucking feature
There is no other feature that is this divisive and still kept in the game
it is utterly spineless to ignore this result and I will not do it
I tell you waht though, I'm willing to be reasonable, So I'll give you 48 hours to make a case to MSo
if you can convince him I'll listen
otherwise get the fuck off my case

i mean do whaterever you want with "yoyr" code but lol @ taking this stance when this shit's been poleld like 2 (3?) times before and was a decisive vote in the other direction, and now it passes by one single vote because someone in your camp decided to engineer more drama about it

seems like every single time shit like this happens its because people are engineering drama about it and using their engineered drama to point and say "look at all the strife and probles mti causes!!"

lol mayvbe you should follow your own advice and have a fucking spine. just say you're nixing it because you don't like it and the poll was a convenient excuse. don't fault them for not following democracy when it was obvious this was never going to come down to democracy because any time the poll ends in favor of the feature it just resets the clock to the next vote.

fucking baby.


back to /d/ with you

[Deleted]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:13 pm
by captain sawrge
PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:47 am.
Reason: offtopic and/or spam.

[Deleted]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:17 pm
by Qustinnus
PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:47 am.
Reason: offtopic and/or spam.

[Deleted]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:20 pm
by captain sawrge
PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:47 am.
Reason: offtopic and/or spam.

[Deleted]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:22 pm
by iamgoofball
PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:47 am.
Reason: offtopic and/or spam.

[Deleted]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:23 pm
by captain sawrge
PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:47 am.
Reason: offtopic and/or spam.

[Deleted]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:24 pm
by Qustinnus
PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:47 am.
Reason: offtopic and/or spam.

[Deleted]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:31 pm
by oranges
PostThis post was deleted by MrStonedOne on Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:47 am.
Reason: offtopic and/or spam.

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:52 pm
by Ayy Lemoh
Sawrge makes a point, I suppose.

Sadly, I only know him as the guy who spams meteors.

I can not take his opinion on anything, especially the thing he admin abused for because he thought it was dumb, as a valid opinion because of this now.

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:01 pm
by Kraso
>tfw you can't find an argument solid enough that you have to rely on "its le admin who spawned meteors"

redditors truly are scum

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:06 pm
by Nilons
Kraso wrote:>tfw you can't find an argument solid enough that you have to rely on "its le admin who spawned meteors"

redditors truly are scum

only a redditor would think a bunch of ad hominem, 2 giant images, and "dont @ me" needs to be taken seriously

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:08 pm
by obscolene
Kraso wrote:>tfw you can't find an argument solid enough that you have to rely on "its le admin who spawned meteors"

redditors truly are scum

i think you skipped over this part:
captain sawrge wrote:fucking baby.

This is coming from the guy who had an autistic meltdown over catpeople being disabled and abused his admin powers to blow up the station, and got nothing but a slap on the wrist for it.

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:16 pm
by oranges
it's the best bit
PS:expect another poll soonish, headadmins are opposed to a full removal and I'm oppossed to just configuring htem on one server, so we've come up with a range of options that we're just finishing deciding on.

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:18 pm
by Cobby
obscolene wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:fucking baby.

This is coming from the guy who had an autistic meltdown over catpeople being disabled and abused his admin powers to blow up the station, and got nothing but a slap on the wrist for it.


point being?

This is of course assuming that ruining a single round of 50-70 players is comparable to removing something so that, regardless of round, you can no longer use it.

I wish people such as yourself could argue the creativity-hollow nature of catgirls instead of "heh meteor guy having an opinion". You'd do """"our side"""" much more of a service without creating such divisiveness, unless of course that's your intention.

t. person who thinks catgirls should be removed in favor of traditional table-top rpg races (space dwarves/elves/etc.)

No not tauren I only play humanoids

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:28 pm
by Karp
obscolene wrote:This is coming from the guy who had an autistic meltdown over catpeople being disabled and abused his admin powers to blow up the station, and got nothing but a slap on the wrist for it.



In the last 2 months at least 10+ rounds have been ended due to admins meteor spamming until the station doesn't exist anymore

sawrge did one round and it was the only time he's even spawned meteors

if he did it for fun and without meaning he wouldn't have even been questioned

He explicitly said he did it because he disliked uncatalogued config changes that go against the wishes of the server(2 votes to keep cats in at that point with mso removing them from bagil and oranges pretending as if he had told mso to remove them)

If he got anything more than a slap on the wrist for ruining a round then everyone with powers right now would genuinely be deadminned or at least serving months-years of bans. This includes mso, the few maintainers with admin powers, and even a few trialmins

The ban was ceremonial and bad and was only used to appease redditors such as yourself who were bitching and moaning about their dreaded antagonist rolls and 30 minutes being flushed down the toilet

stupid feral inbred ape dog

learn to speak when you are spoken to

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:30 pm
by Nilons
Karp wrote:In the last 2 months at least 10+ rounds have been ended due to admins meteor spamming until the station doesn't exist anymore

Which admins and what was the headmins reasoning for not acting on it?

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:31 pm
by obscolene
Karp wrote:stupid feral inbred ape dog

learn to speak when you are spoken to

ad-hominem, post disregarded

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:32 pm
by oranges
Karp wrote:
obscolene wrote:This is coming from the guy who had an autistic meltdown over catpeople being disabled and abused his admin powers to blow up the station, and got nothing but a slap on the wrist for it.



In the last 2 months at least 10+ rounds have been ended due to admins meteor spamming until the station doesn't exist anymore

sawrge did one round and it was the only time he's even spawned meteors

if he did it for fun and without meaning he wouldn't have even been questioned

He explicitly said he did it because he disliked uncatalogued config changes that go against the wishes of the server(2 votes to keep cats in at that point with mso removing them from bagil and oranges pretending as if he had told mso to remove them)

If he got anything more than a slap on the wrist for ruining a round then everyone with powers right now would genuinely be deadminned or at least serving months-years of bans. This includes mso, the few maintainers with admin powers, and even a few trialmins

The ban was ceremonial and bad and was only used to appease redditors such as yourself who were bitching and moaning about their dreaded antagonist rolls and 30 minutes being flushed down the toilet

stupid feral inbred ape dog

learn to speak when you are spoken to

it's the hypocrisy of calling someone else a baby, not that he did it, although he was rightfully told to jog on for doing so :roll:

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:32 pm
by Kraso
Karp wrote:If he got anything more than a slap on the wrist for ruining a round then everyone with powers right now would genuinely be deadminned or at least serving months-years of bans. This includes mso, the few maintainers with admin powers, and even a few trialmins

not to mention lzimann got off scott free for the rest of his term because the other two headmins were incredibly passive and just let him do what-fucking-ever

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:54 pm
by lmwevil
but.. but aren't both parties literally happy if we just segment where the catpeople can go? Like if 50% hate them, then 50% can play on the server without them, and 50% can stay on bagil and that other server that I think we have

like, what's the downside to this besides REEEEEEEEEE MUH CODEBASE HAS CATGIRLS?

t. plasmeme main

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:08 am
by Screemonster
lmwevil wrote:but.. but aren't both parties literally happy if we just segment where the catpeople can go? Like if 50% hate them, then 50% can play on the server without them, and 50% can stay on bagil and that other server that I think we have

like, what's the downside to this besides REEEEEEEEEE MUH CODEBASE HAS CATGIRLS?

t. plasmeme main
somebody likes something I don't like don't you see

this injustice will not stand

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:11 am
by Snuffleupagus
Rustledjimm wrote:Last term we unified the configs and now it's been reverted.
reeeee

Also imagine causing this much drama over a few pixels.

I think my compromise is a good one. Catpeople get removed in return for goofballs martyrdom and he never touches /tg/ again. It's a good trade.


This. He’s cancer. He pulls code that has issues and then basically laughs at everyone. Instigates most of this shit. What’s sad is I know people that left this game who were long time Sybil players when cat people got removed. People intending to return when things in their life got less hectic.

Now they have no reason to return.

“But there’s always bagil.”

There are MASSIVE differences between playing on Bagil vs Sybil and vice versa. Further. I think the vote is rigged. An hour is too short. Think of how easy it is to just create an account or have burners that join a game and AFK for an hour. I see braindead/comatose people all the time. If FIVE people that voted no did that. You’d have a different outcome on the vote.

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:16 am
by Screemonster
Snuffleupagus wrote:Further. I think the vote is rigged. An hour is too short. Think of how easy it is to just create an account or have burners that join a game and AFK for an hour. I see braindead/comatose people all the time. If FIVE people that voted no did that. You’d have a different outcome on the vote.

the filter was set up to disregard accounts created after the poll though, they'd need to have advance knowledge that a poll was gonna be made and join the game accordingly before the deadline

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:16 am
by oranges
damn we'll miss them

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:22 am
by Snuffleupagus
Screemonster wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:Further. I think the vote is rigged. An hour is too short. Think of how easy it is to just create an account or have burners that join a game and AFK for an hour. I see braindead/comatose people all the time. If FIVE people that voted no did that. You’d have a different outcome on the vote.

the filter was set up to disregard accounts created after the poll though, they'd need to have advance knowledge that a poll was gonna be made and join the game accordingly before the deadline


Look at the people stirring up drama over this. These are people that have been banned. Are known for shittery and could have easily had more accounts on the back burner. I’m not saying it’s decisive brigading. But it’s possible someone could see the vote. Perhaps a coder that has an agenda.

What were the numbers like for previous polls?

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:28 am
by Snuffleupagus
oranges wrote:damn we'll miss them


And that’s a pretty shit mentality to have towards any decision you make that ALIENATES a group of people. It’s shit like this that kills communities and drives people away. Legitimately. Your job should be about adding things conducive to the environment. Not telling people GTFO.

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:33 am
by oranges
rip /tg/ killed by catgirls

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:37 am
by obscolene
Snuffleupagus wrote:Look at the people stirring up drama over this. These are people that have been banned. Are known for shittery and could have easily had more accounts on the back burner. I’m not saying it’s decisive brigading.

You mean.. like you?

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:38 am
by PKPenguin321
this thread is really gay and im not sure its worth moderating rather than just locking

make a hut thread to scream in

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:49 am
by MrStonedOne
Because new information has come to light, I've cleaned up this thread a touch and will be unlocking it.

The filter used to filter the results was pretty incorrect.

viewtopic.php?p=446943#p446943 for more details.

the result will likely be the same, a new vote will be made.

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:55 am
by CitrusGender
I still remember when I added cat people back to sybil and nobody really cared. The two server solution will not hold and I've come to find out that the side that preserving the status quo often leads to the best results. It doesn't make sense to keep them on one server and not another since the "part of the community" that likes cat girls is not located on bagil, nor is the "part that dislikes catgirls" located on sybil. You're going to create an artificial divide and put a rift in the servers for no reason.

Perhaps it's just my personal opinion, but I don't think the overall hatred of catgirls is anything more than a backlash at the prominence of some figures in our community that really make them look bad. I think the "votes against catgirls" are not really so much votes against them in the game but more votes against the extremely in your face nature of some characters in this community.

I don't really see the big deal over a few pixels.

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:14 am
by Qbopper
like citrus said, catgirls are a smokescreen for "i do not like specific people"

it's moronic and honestly the people who rally the hardest against them, frankly, don't fucking play

like, sorry goof/etc., but "you don't play" is entirely a valid criticism - it'll fucking work against me if you use it and i'll be quiet, because people who do not play the game should hold no bearing over the game, OR the community, and that's the real kicker to me

off topic to cats, but relevant as a whole imo:
Spoiler:
a major reason i quit is because a variety of bad actors who do not/very rarely play the game hold an incredible amount of sway over how things are run around here, and when someone is fed up and tries to make a change, they're immediately shut down because ???

despite the fact that we all know exactly who i'm talking about, head admins (understandably) never want to deal with the drama - I'm not even advocating for permabanning people I don't like, I mean literally any kind of step between the equivalent of gently tapping someone on the wrist vs blacklisting forever

this is of course never going to change because for some reason it's been decided these people are integral to the community despite not being part of the community that matters (the players) and this leads to drama like fucking catgirls, where people use moronic arguments like "fetish content" and vague statements about players doing inappropriate shit in an attempt to get what they want

this is being handled extremely poorly yet again, the poll was a fucking joke yet again, and my faith in this second poll being discussed is zero anyways - can't wait for this shit to happen in a few months once goof/whoever comes out of their cave to complain and make a new PR with no warning or reason beyond the usual


also if you're shitting on sawrge for getting pissed off at something and mashing buttons and ruining a round like that equates to misleading people w/ a vote and removing a feature from the codebase ostensibly for good then i don't know what to say beyond that's a bad faith argument

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:33 am
by oranges
why don't you just say my name, instead of pretending

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:37 am
by Shezza
oranges wrote:it is utterly spineless to ignore this result and I will not do it


it only took you a few hours do to a 180


utterly spineless :D

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:40 am
by oranges
Don't worry I'm not ignoring the result

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:26 am
by somerandomguy
MrStonedOne wrote:Because new information has come to light, I've cleaned up this thread a touch and will be unlocking it.

The filter used to filter the results was pretty incorrect.

viewtopic.php?p=446943#p446943 for more details.

the result will likely be the same, a new vote will be made.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In the hut:
>"well remove won so we have to full remove"
>"no compromise since remove is the majority"
>filter was wrong
>keep won

Place your bets now, how long will it be until people that argued that one vote is enough make a u-turn?

CitrusGender wrote:Perhaps it's just my personal opinion, but I don't think the overall hatred of catgirls is anything more than a backlash at the prominence of some figures in our community that really make them look bad. I think the "votes against catgirls" are not really so much votes against them in the game but more votes against the extremely in your face nature of some characters in this community.

I don't really see the big deal over a few pixels.

This, catpeople in the game aren't actually fetishy at all, it's just that people post lewds on discord etc and people associate them with catpeople in the game.
It is still kind of a low-effort race, but the amount of hate is absurd.

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:14 am
by confused rock
Fuck it, I'm not even going to argue about removal. I think that removing cats from sybil is an insultingly poor choice, but I can see why it was done. in the past cats weren't on sybil, and anyone who isn't very new probably remembers that. Why're we going back to the exact same situation as before if it was decided against earlier (by pro cat players)? Because they really don't give a shit about what's better in general. Bagil originally had cats added as some form of incentive to go to what was at the time basil, since it was always extreme lowpop. Now sybil is the less popular server. Logically it should be the one forced to have cats, right? Well, Arianya doesn't give a shit, because all they care about is that they can keep their cats and not make any changes to their preference whatsoever. They just want the server that they already hardly play on to take the hit so that they can relax as if nothing ever happened while trying to shut up complaints. This is insulting at best. I'm not even going to argue on their removal. I've always liked sybil, and I think I hate cats much more than most here. I still think that it's stupid that we go full fucking circle instead of making the logically superior choice because Arianya is too lazy to server hop.
Welp, enjoy the new copypasta I guess.

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:06 am
by CreationPro
confused rock wrote:Fuck it, I'm not even going to argue about removal. I think that removing cats from sybil is an insultingly poor choice, but I can see why it was done. in the past cats weren't on sybil, and anyone who isn't very new probably remembers that. Why're we going back to the exact same situation as before if it was decided against earlier (by pro cat players)? Because they really don't give a shit about what's better in general. Bagil originally had cats added as some form of incentive to go to what was at the time basil, since it was always extreme lowpop. Now sybil is the less popular server. Logically it should be the one forced to have cats, right? Well, Arianya doesn't give a shit, because all they care about is that they can keep their cats and not make any changes to their preference whatsoever. They just want the server that they already hardly play on to take the hit so that they can relax as if nothing ever happened while trying to shut up complaints. This is insulting at best. I'm not even going to argue on their removal. I've always liked sybil, and I think I hate cats much more than most here. I still think that it's stupid that we go full fucking circle instead of making the logically superior choice because Arianya is too lazy to server hop.
Welp, enjoy the new copypasta I guess.

Isn't Bagil more popular because it's on the hub?

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:21 am
by Dax Dupont
Image
Discussions over, the poll has been corrected.

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:31 am
by Steelpoint
I disagree. One way or the other, this is a major issue of contention irrespective of if one side got a few more votes than the other. Saying we should ignore the issue because the 'keep catpeople in' vote got a few more hits is just as bad as those stating the opposite.

One thing I do believe is that I've never seen such a controversial feature remain in game for as long as this has in the history of tgstation. Other highly controversial things have been significantly reworked or just removed yet catpeople have remained a continuous issue for two years running.

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:38 am
by Screemonster
and before catpeople, digitigrade legs were a horrible fetish feature that was bringing in the wrong sort of players
and before digitigrade legs, it was lizards that were a horrible fetish feature that was bringing in the wrong sort of players
I'm sure someone will add some other new feature at some point and that will become the new horrible fetish feature that's bringing in the wrong sort of players

Re: Regarding felinids/catpeople

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:44 am
by Steelpoint
Lizards always had a pass due to them being in the game for an extremely long period of time. Catpeople are a more recent addition which has no real historical basis outside of the physical cat ears you could wear on your head if you got to an autodrobe, of which almost no one ever wore them to my recollection.

The argument that Catpeople are the 'hate of the month' holds no water, since in the two plus years since their addition they have remained a massively controversial concept with no other addition after the fact ever reaching an iota of controversy in comparison.

We've had Plasmapeople, Mothpeople, Flypeople, now we might be getting Zoltans. None of them have received the level of complaints and controversy as Catpeople are getting.