Results of the felinid vote

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
afelinidisfinetoo
Byond Username: A felinid is fine too

Re: Results of the felinid vote

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453906

Bottom post of the previous page:

NoxVS wrote:
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
NoxVS wrote: It’s not the polls fault that people are too stupid to understand how to order choices depending on how much you like or dislike the option.
It It is likely that the poll is less tainted than if it was a non-IRV poll but it's still (more subtly) tainted
How would it be tainted. It would literally be a yes/no at that point. How do you taint “do you want cats? yes or no”
Because it's a "yes/no" containing votes that were affected by the presence of now-removed options, since people are not obligated to follow the "Order options from most liked to least liked" instructions of an IRV poll
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #453911

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
NoxVS wrote:
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
NoxVS wrote: It’s not the polls fault that people are too stupid to understand how to order choices depending on how much you like or dislike the option.
It It is likely that the poll is less tainted than if it was a non-IRV poll but it's still (more subtly) tainted
How would it be tainted. It would literally be a yes/no at that point. How do you taint “do you want cats? yes or no”
Because it's a "yes/no" containing votes that were affected by the presence of now-removed options, since people are not obligated to follow the "Order options from most liked to least liked" instructions of an IRV poll
Well those people are morons who can’t follow simple instructions and likely part of a minority who shouldn’t be catered too.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #453918

So part of this drama is due to the poll containing Double Barrel questions, which is a big no no for IRV.

This become more problematic since the IRV contained 4 against and 1 for choice. Mathematically it meant that it was inevitable for a against choice to win since 3 of the 4 against included double barrel options.

It should be telling that the sole pro option lasted until the final round.
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
delaron

Post by delaron » #453923

delaron wrote:So part of this drama is due to the poll containing Double Barrel questions, which is a big no no for IRV.

This become more problematic since the IRV contained 4 against and 1 for choice. Mathematically it meant that it was inevitable for a against choice to win since 3 of the 4 against included double barrel options.

It should be telling that the sole pro option lasted until the final round.

Also why was there not a option to null vote remaining options? A none of the above/remaining if you will. Then mark the winning vote as requiring a percentage of valid votes. Normal bar is 50%

1. preferred option
2. agreeable option
3. I dont like anything after these two so stop adding my vote.

-Winning vote would need 50% of total votes to be considered the "winning vote"

But the major issue was again the Double Barrel reward bias.

Since some are attacking the person bringing part of this up as an alt account I figure it may be easier to express a similar point as someone with no alt accounts.
-------
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #453964

If you eliminate the etherals option in the first round (redistributing it's votes to the other preferred options in the order people select), removal still wins post filtering for playtime and it's still close so we'd still implement a compromise matching the one in the OP

subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #453965

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
subject217 wrote:Hello digg!

actually a serious post: when one choice wins by a relatively slim margin, going "all the way" with it will piss off far more people than a compromise, all you delusional redditoids were never going to get anything better than this really
That's right, you have to make everyone unhappy. That's why when the presidential candidate wins with a 51% majority they only make him kinda-president.
Also, on the ballot, the options look like this:

1) Elect George
2) Elect Bob
3) Elect Jim and you get a new car (only guaranteed if you elect Jim though)
Late reply, but I forgot to make an important point here.

Everything about this 2nd poll was 100% headmin sanctioned from start to finish. Every single option that was offered in the poll was reviewed and approved by every headmin. It's the headmins' responsibility to see that the poll was unbiased. Make of that what you will.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453969

It's not even biased, people are just looking for any angle to try to change the outcome, it's getting very silly now because every single thing raised has been comprehensively proven incorrect, wrong or just outright misleading.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #453973

The point is that oranges wasn't the sole arbiter of the voting options that afelinidisfinetoo is so mad about - they were collectively discussed and individually approved by all headmins.
UltimateGamer21
Byond Username: Catnapearwigs

Post by UltimateGamer21 » #453974

Maybe the real removal of felinids was the friends we made along the way
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453976

Just for completeness's sake and just to shut people up even more, I asked mso to change the code so I can filter both of those options out at the first step, redistributing their votes as per the priority order people selected.

See, no amount of so called "bribery" was going to change the outcome at any point, all it did was allow people to express that they were still interested in new races and wanted to trade, which is a perfectly reasonable thing and exactly what this poll option was supposed to indicate.
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453978

oranges wrote:...
You cannot just remove the bribery options from the poll and in doing so erase their impact on it. See the conversation chain just a few posts above you.
Also, whether or not the bribery options affected the poll (they did) is irrelevant to the fact that they are bribery, you knew they were bribery, and you tried to sweeten the bribery by making it as clear as possible that etherals would *only* get a guaranteed merge if felinids lost the poll.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453980

delaron wrote: Also why was there not a option to null vote remaining options? A none of the above/remaining if you will. Then mark the winning vote as requiring a percentage of valid votes. Normal bar is 50%
THe whole point of the poll is to be decisive, the null vote (or the vote for the status quo) was to vote for no removal, that's explictly the null vote, the rest are expressions of what kind of change from the status quo you might want to see.

Adding extra null vote options beyond that point both defeats the point of having a decisive poll and makes the voting result unclear for absolutely no benefit.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453981

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
oranges wrote:...
You cannot just remove the bribery options from the poll and in doing so erase their impact on it. See the conversation chain just a few posts above you.
Also, whether or not the bribery options affected the poll (they did) is irrelevant to the fact that they are bribery, you knew they were bribery, and you tried to sweeten the bribery by making it as clear as possible that etherals would *only* get a guaranteed merge if felinids lost the poll.
This is very desperate and reaching now, you're suggesting that the impact of the two unrelated vote options will change the preferred order someone would rank the remaining options, it might be a an open psychological question, but I doubt the change would rise above the polling noise.

Stop embarrassing yourself
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453982

oranges wrote:
delaron wrote: Also why was there not a option to null vote remaining options? A none of the above/remaining if you will. Then mark the winning vote as requiring a percentage of valid votes. Normal bar is 50%
THe whole point of the poll is to be decisive, the null vote (or the vote for the status quo) was to vote for no removal, that's explictly the null vote,
This is not what a null vote is
UltimateGamer21

Post by UltimateGamer21 » #453983

oranges wrote:
THe whole point of the poll is to be decisive, the null vote (or the vote for the status quo) was to vote for no removal, that's explictly the null vote, the rest are expressions of what kind of change from the status quo you might want to see.

Adding extra null vote options beyond that point both defeats the point of having a decisive poll and makes the voting result unclear for absolutely no benefit.
I'm not convinced.

Can you re-do the filtering but this time add like five or seven more possible options
UltimateGamer21

Post by UltimateGamer21 » #453984

It doesn't really matter what they are
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #453985

oranges wrote: I doubt the change would rise above the polling noise.
Thanks, but I don't trust your doubts when you have made it super, super clear that you are biased and wanted felinids to lose.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #453986

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
oranges wrote:
THe whole point of the poll is to be decisive, the null vote (or the vote for the status quo) was to vote for no removal, that's explictly the null vote,
If you did not care about this vote at all, you should vote for the option that keeps the status quo, that's why there is no (I don't care) option on this poll, because it is supposed to be a decisive poll that gives us an outcome, not just an indication that the majority of people don't care (which would simply leave the result up to us to decide).
delaron

Post by delaron » #454023

oranges wrote:It's not even biased, people are just looking for any angle to try to change the outcome, it's getting very silly now because every single thing raised has been comprehensively proven incorrect, wrong or just outright misleading.
Hey now lets put a deep freeze on the attacks and assumptions. If you want to go into personal motivations; I personally don't play the cat race and I honest have only the slightest inclination to keep them. While it doesn't affect me keeping them in leads to others being happy. Looking at the opposite of making people happy they are taken away offer less overall to the community as the option to not play a cat race is there for them.

For me its similar to saying I don't like the color orange and thus we need to remove the sprites with orange in them. Ive asked for a code based reason why they are specifically being targeted for removal and in general have been ignored.

The items I bring up regarding the poll's faults themselves are more for educational purposes. The poll, regardless of who approved or reviewed it, are in my observation and opinion fundamentally flawed from a mathematical and psychological point of view for the reasons I previously stated.
-------
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #454031

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
oranges wrote:
You had a null vote button, it is called "don't hit the vote button"
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #454033

whatever dude, I've spent enough time humouring the alt and their 2 month play time and frankly at this point it's just sour grapes.
delaron

Post by delaron » #454043

oranges wrote:whatever dude, I've spent enough time humouring the alt and their 2 month play time and frankly at this point it's just sour grapes.
Don't forget ignoring the non alt and slinging personal attack and guesses to motivation. Is it difficult to have a civil discussion and back and forth about the merit of the poll and motivations behind it?

It was troubling to see you put the data in motion that if you remove the double barrel question it would lead to x result. That is not how it works, its not how any of this works. That isnt the setup at the time of the vote and filtering it out makes the data even more suspect.

I acknowledge your point about the decision to exclude a null option. Was this also your opinion for not including null option after picking your primary choices? Normally this allows for easier extrapolation of exactly what you were trying to do. Null options make it much clearer where the voting base generally is leaning to. This helps parse an IRV with additional benchamarks of agreement.

Again while I prefer the cat race stay in as its content is enjoyed/accepted by at minimum 203 active players, the inclusion of double barrel options and not including a null after option seems less genuine and more of a going through the motions exercise. Which doesn't make much sense to me. The compromise solution works but likely would not have been needed if the poll was structured in a more neutral fashion. This again being my opinion based on experience and general observation.

I also acknowledge this was potentially all a long game troll/meme on your part. If that is a source of enjoyment for you then /shrug carry on.
-------
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #454047

There's nothing more to respond to, every point raised does not match the data available and you keep raising the same issues like they're meaningful when they're not, removing both of the so called bribery options and redistributing people's votes in the order that they ranked everything still results in the outcome of removal, and would still lead to this compromise. You're literally suggesting that the very existence of those options would changes peoples preferences on the remaining options and they would rank them differently just because of the first two options. It just doesn't make sense as an argument of value.

You can talk about motivations and schemes all you fucking want but this was a 100% fairly done exercise and the outcome is just one you don't like.

The only person going through the motions here is you and afelinid who seems frankly pretty delusional.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #454052

Like I honestly don't even know why I bothered humouring people with this vote at all if people are just going to accuse me of bias for even raising a question and then seeing what the outcome is.

Don't worry though I've learned my lesson, next time I'll just decide by myself and merge whatever the change is, then you can call me biased and actually have a fucking point instead of just projecting your own insecurities on to me.
delaron

Post by delaron » #454053

Explain how every point raised does not match the available data please. The bar to match my points are the inclusion of double barrel options and lack of a bull beyond this point option.

I'm not looking to change anything except future IRV polls and for you to acknowledge that it's not a question of fairness but tilted math. I am not saying you had any motive but rather asked what your motivation was. I made a statement that suggested it might be a mem or troll motivation but do not consider it a fact due to lack of confirmation though there is plenty of supporting evidence.

Also could you clear up if you are intending to say I'm delusional as well? The last comment made it seem as such. Which would be a shame seeing as I have made no dispersion to your character.
-------
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #454054

Yes you are delusional.
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #454059

oranges wrote:Like I honestly don't even know why I bothered humouring people with this vote at all if people are just going to accuse me of bias for even raising a question and then seeing what the outcome is.

Don't worry though I've learned my lesson, next time I'll just decide by myself and merge whatever the change is, then you can call me biased and actually have a fucking point instead of just projecting your own insecurities on to me.
Oranges, you included two "Remove felinids and I add <x> popular new PR" options in a poll about whether or not felinids belong in the game, then you went out of your way to let everyone know that you would not be doing a guaranteed merge of those features unless felinids lost the poll. Why are you outraged that people are calling you biased? You are biased. A non-biased person would not have done these actions. In fact, a non-biased person would have left the issue alone after felinids won the previous two (three?) unbiased "Do felinids belong? Yes/No" polls.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #454061

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
oranges wrote:Like I honestly don't even know why I bothered humouring people with this vote at all if people are just going to accuse me of bias for even raising a question and then seeing what the outcome is.

Oranges, you included two "Remove felinids and I add <x> popular new PR" options in a poll about whether or not felinids belong in the game, then you went out of your way to let everyone know that you would not be doing a guaranteed merge of those features unless felinids lost the poll. Why are you outraged that people are calling you biased? You are biased. A non-biased person would not have done these actions. In fact, a non-biased person would have left the issue alone after felinids won the previous two (three?) unbiased "Do felinids belong? Yes/No" polls.
Oranges has much more strength and willpower then I do. Because after getting asked the same question 1000 times. I'd just start ignoring the person who kept asking it
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #454062

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:

How is that biased, nothing in the game has a guaranteed merge, there's no guarantee that etherals would have made it in unless the outcome of the poll was that people wanted that.

They happened to be the nearest concrete example of another roundstart race that could potentially be merged. along with IPC's.

You were the only person lying and misrepresenting the facts of that situation by claiming etherals would be merged either way.

however the real flaw in your comments is that the last two polls were 12 months ago, in a game where we elect people who can completely change the face of the game every six months, if you actually cared about this as a point you would start by complaining about how short the headmin term is. But you don't, because this is just another thing you're desperately tossing against the wall in the hope that any of it somehow sticks and changes our minds.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #454063

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:

you have a stick so far up your ass that it sticks out of your mouth whenever you talk
delaron

Post by delaron » #454071

oranges wrote:Yes you are
tenor.gif
tenor.gif (423.58 KiB) Viewed 14793 times
-------
afelinidisfinetoo

Post by afelinidisfinetoo » #454075

oranges wrote: How is that biased, nothing in the game has a guaranteed merge, there's no guarantee that etherals would have made it in unless the outcome of the poll was that people wanted that.
You know exactly how it's biased. You exercised your power as headcoder to influence the poll. There was absolutely no legitimate reason why etherals' implementation would be contingent on felinids being removed. The two features have no conflict and the roundstart race list is still tiny and filled with races that are less popular than felinids. You arranged things this way as a deliberate attempt at swaying the vote.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #454077

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
oranges wrote: How is that biased, nothing in the game has a guaranteed merge, there's no guarantee that etherals would have made it in unless the outcome of the poll was that people wanted that.
You know exactly how it's biased. You exercised your power as headcoder to influence the poll. There was absolutely no legitimate reason why etherals' implementation would be contingent on felinids being removed. The two features have no conflict and the roundstart race list is still tiny and filled with races that are less popular than felinids. You arranged things this way as a deliberate attempt at swaying the vote.
If oranges really had this much power you big old baiter from another server. Why wouldn't they exercise there supreme stealthy indirect control abilities to silence you
► Show Spoiler
delaron

Post by delaron » #454081

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:

Breathe... if that was the case pretty sure the headadmins are smart enough and care enough to stop that before we ever saw it. This all seems like more of a over bureaucratic appeasement. The point was to say this didnt really give great data and was somewhat needlessly convoluted. However it is an opinion theater. Really if there is a actual removal pr down the road then submit a introduction pr if it bothers you. Right now its only a config change. I'm off my train so bowing out.
-------
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #454110

Steelpoint wrote:One potential future I can see is future head admins reverting the change and allowing Catpeople back as a round start race, as there is no assurance in the agreement noted that puts a timer on that.
Democracy is not a rachet, one of the core protections is the ability to undo the actions of your predecessors. I could see a candidate winning with this as a stump issue.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #454153

oranges wrote:There's nothing more to respond to, every point raised does not match the data available and you keep raising the same issues like they're meaningful when they're not, removing both of the so called bribery options and redistributing people's votes in the order that they ranked everything still results in the outcome of removal, and would still lead to this compromise. You're literally suggesting that the very existence of those options would changes peoples preferences on the remaining options and they would rank them differently just because of the first two options. It just doesn't make sense as an argument of value.

You can talk about motivations and schemes all you fucking want but this was a 100% fairly done exercise and the outcome is just one you don't like.

The only person going through the motions here is you and afelinid who seems frankly pretty delusional.
The alt's tactics are straight out of the alt-right playbook. Never play defense, oranges.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #454154

afelinidisfinetoo wrote:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #454182

surely this is a better image to illustrate that

Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Post by Zarniwoop » #454185

And why did we give hippie players almost a full month to rack up the 60 minute play time to pass the filter?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #454186

I thought it was mentioned that the vote was filtered in a way so that would not happen.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #454188

Zarniwoop wrote:And why did we give hippie players almost a full month to rack up the 60 minute play time to pass the filter?
mso literally filtered it out don't be stupid
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #454201

iamgoofball wrote:straight out of the alt-right playbook
i wish goof would become a furry so he could make the other side look fucking retarded
Zarniwoop wrote:And why did we give hippie players almost a full month to rack up the 60 minute play time to pass the filter?
nvm they already have this guy
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #454240

is this like the 4th fucking thread we've had on this
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #454242

felinid man, defender of justice, catgirls, and all that is holy might have worse alzheimers than goof
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #454440

iksyp wrote:felinid man, defender of justice, catgirls, and all that is holy might have worse alzheimers than goof
Yeah, he should just go to citadel if cats are the only reason he plays ss13
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #454548

obscolene wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:straight out of the alt-right playbook
i wish goof would become a furry so he could make the other side look fucking retarded
nvm they already have this guy
Are you going to keep pretending these aren't alt-right tactics getting used elsewhere?
delaron

Post by delaron » #454725

wait... Damnit goofball now I'm confussed! The alt-right pro felinid? I would have bet money the alt-right was anti felinid.
-------
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #454890

What a time to be alive.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #454947

Cat person tokens.

This is a good compromise and I'm happy with it. Good to see the extremists on both sides crying really.
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #454948

i never had any interest in playing a catgirl but now i do what have you done
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #454972

you guys are making so many threads so fast that im not even able to get to shitpost in all of them