Naming Policy Changes

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
ghostecho
Byond Username: GhostEchoe

Re: Naming Policy Changes

Post by ghostecho » #464048

Bottom post of the previous page:

Steelpoint wrote:This is the third time I'm stating this. I personally believe that a somewhat realistic crew setting, with authentic appearing people, in a authentic environment, suffering through horrible and amusing trials and tribulations involving whacky Wizards, cold Mercenaries and lurking Traitors is a more interesting experience.

Removing our naming policy as it stands and loosening it would, in my opinion, tarnish the game as a whole. As I've stated, I believe we are at minimum a lowRP server, that standard, despite being a low one, does imply some levels of roleplay and my belief is our naming policy is a cornerstone of that.
But you haven't explained WHY that would "tarnish" it more than the current way people act and react to situations currently tarnishes it from being a medrp or highrp server

And keep in mind, Im not advocating for either of those two rpstyles, I like the lowrp style of /tg/, I just fail to see how having a looser, but not non existent naming policy would tarnish anything more than players currently do
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Re: Naming Policy Changes

Post by WarbossLincoln » #464379

Exactly. On a server where people will tell you "it's revs, there can't be a traitor"(despite is being against the rules and admins telling them off) having someone named something silly like "Gubu Gristlegums" is hardly lowering our level of RP.
--Crocodillo