Trialmin Review: PeopleAreStrange

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Trialmin Review: PeopleAreStrange

Post by Nervere » #504375

PeopleAreStrange has now been in the .txt as a Trial Admin for roughly one month.

Please use this thread as public review; it's encouraged for players to comment on how well/badly the trial admin has done and whether or not they think the trial admin should be made a full admin, if they should be removed from the .txt or if their promotion should be delayed.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: Trialmin Review: PeopleAreStrange

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #504377

I dont think they're usually on at the same time as me, but they've helpful and sensible whenever I do encounter them
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #504404

Hello I'm back, pls no bully. I've very tired.

Anyway, I've mainly been admining on Terry, with occasional help outs on the Event badlands.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #504427

ye olde goodmin, promote
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #504627

While my first experience dealing with them (which mind you, wasn't with them as an admin but rather as a player) was bad, i definitely can vouch for their behavior as an admin + decision making.

Not a big fan of a note i saw they applied but mistakes happen!
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #504631

Posts in their own feedback thread so they shouldn’t be promoted already. But judging from a ban appeal and policy thread they made they seem to have a poor understanding of current server rules and should either be removed from admin or have their trial extended.
[this space reserved]
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #504764

f*rry
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #504774

@wesoda if youre going to say they should be removed please actually give evidence instead of being vague.

i like PAS, i had good interactions with them as a player the first time she was admin and now that im admin i can see shes kept her good attitude and understanding of the game/its rule.

promote please
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #504848

fucking furries
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #505024

Announced some event that was described only as a very long-lasting and strong radstorm and then tried to prevent the shuttle from leaving and then got pissy in OOC when the crew made it leave anyway, not really the way to handle events at all.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #505025

BeeSting12 wrote:@wesoda if youre going to say they should be removed please actually give evidence instead of being vague.
Idk what you really mean by proof, but here are the threads I was talking about.
Appeal: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23337
Policy Thread Made bc Appeal (kinda): https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=23363

Basically it shows them not knowing how escalation works. Judging from the policy thread they didn’t even know how it worked before they quit the game, which really makes me think. All I’m saying is they are seemingly still too “new” to our current rules to actually be a fair enforcer of them. Which is why I suggest deadmin or extended trial, we have plenty of other players, and admins, who do understand escalation. No need for mediocrity when we have plenty capable admins.
[this space reserved]
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #505027

terranaut wrote:Announced some event that was described only as a very long-lasting and strong radstorm and then tried to prevent the shuttle from leaving and then got pissy in OOC when the crew made it leave anyway, not really the way to handle events at all.
The round began as extended, as you ragged in ooc about not wanting an event before it started, then when the round began were one of a handful of people that immediately asked the AI to call the shuttle (which wasn't possible due to the round start cool down). You didn't want to play an event and stacked all your cards, setting me to fail before we even began.
I attempted to delay the shuttle arrival but hadn't noticed it had already docked after being called at 20min mark.
Give me a chance to do somthing before deciding I've failed.

Also to quote the admin complaints in events (because this is essentially what this is): "The majority of complaints have been almost entirely emotional, based on one shitty round... If you can't handle not having spessmans exactly how you like it for two hours you need to chill out."

"Admins will still be held accountable for events, they just aren't going to be immediately deadminned for them like an admin complaint would call for." Which is basiclly what you're asking for here.
wesoda25 wrote: Basically it shows them not knowing how escalation works. Judging from the policy thread they didn’t even know how it worked before they quit the game, which really makes me think. All I’m saying is they are seemingly still too “new” to our current rules to actually be a fair enforcer of them. Which is why I suggest deadmin or extended trial, we have plenty of other players, and admins, who do understand escalation. No need for mediocrity when we have plenty capable admins.
I'm aware of how escalation works, hence the call for discussion under the policy discussion sub. A place to talk about changing of current rules and policy. If I thought the rules where how I discuss they might be then it would have been a general comment of "people aren't obeying rules"

The appeal you mentioned has been successful in its appeal. Its an outlier situation given that the escalation in question didn't directly involve the two parties rather than being between the usual just two parties as written out in the current policy.

Im not sure why my suggestion that the current rules aren't perfect is so offence to you that you actively follow me everywhere to tell me so.

Also I'm not sure why posting on my own feedback is an issue? Its not written anywhere and I don't see why I shouldn't be able to explain or defend my actions/self?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #505039

peoplearestrange wrote: I'm aware of how escalation works, hence the call for discussion under the policy discussion sub. A place to talk about changing of current rules and policy. If I thought the rules where how I discuss they might be then it would have been a general comment of "people aren't obeying rules"

The appeal you mentioned has been successful in its appeal. Its an outlier situation given that the escalation in question didn't directly involve the two parties rather than being between the usual just two parties as written out in the current policy.
I'm gonna ignore the first part since I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say there in the second sentence. As for the appeal, that type of "outlier" case happens pretty often (people killing people for acting like antags), which is why I suggest you have your trial extended or deadminned since you don't seem to know how to address those cases. But beyond that its bc you were initially going to stand by your ruling until headmins decided. Only once a ton of nonadmins told you you were wrong in your interpretation of the rules considering that event did you change your outcome. I'm saying that if nonadmins are apparently making better decisions, why admin you?
peoplearestrange wrote: Im not sure why my suggestion that the current rules aren't perfect is so offence to you that you actively follow me everywhere to tell me so.
If by that you mean responding to your post in the escalation thread and then posting in your trialmin review, yeah sure im actively following you everywhere. im fucking satan dude sorry about that. My issue with it is that you seem uncertain as to how to rule it, so it doesn't make sense to make you a fully fledged admin. Honestly extending trial makes the most sense, how would it hurt you to trialmin for another month or two in order to obtain a better understanding of the current rules?
peoplearestrange wrote: Also I'm not sure why posting on my own feedback is an issue? Its not written anywhere and I don't see why I shouldn't be able to explain or defend my actions/self?
it was a joke...
[this space reserved]
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #505044

peoplearestrange wrote:Which is basiclly what you're asking for here.
Not really. I'm explaining that you presented your event extremely poorly, got mad that people didn't want to play it and then tried to force it rather than deal with it any other way (such as just letting it run its course without actually doing it, and recycling it at a later point with better presentation or accepting that an extremely long and drawn-out radstorm simply isn't appealing to the majority of players). I might have been the most vocal person when it came to the complaints but I don't think it's an overstatement to say that the majority of players that round was happy when it ended.
This isn't an emotionally laden feedback nor is it a call for you to be deadminned; as you may or more likely may not know I know rather well what it's like to be deadminned over dumb shit and I'm not gonna be quick to call for such a thing. I'm just telling you to present your events better and live with it when players don't want it. This is a feedback thread and some of it can be negative. You should accept it at face value and reflect upon it and see whether or not what I'm saying holds merit and if it does change your admin style accordingly, and if not just ignore my post.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #505046

Edit: to avoid this being an argument, I'll just say I don't think I was given a chance to do the event I had in mind due to a few key individuals who had made it known from before the round started that they did not want an event.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #505058

PaS is a good oldmin, welcome back furry
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #505622

How they decided to step down last time they were admin is all the proof giving them reigns again is nothing short of a delayed fuck up.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #506710

Lately I've been admin alongside PeopleAreStrange and I appreciate the care and effort they put into the role while in high pressure environments like the Event Hall. Easy to work along side and considerate to boot. Their experience have proven helpful for getting back into the swing of things with my only criticism being that they needed a bit of time to catch up to new code changes and policy since they were last admin. Frankly I can't always keep up with new mechanics so I hardly see it as a downside, especially when PAS is capable of adapting to the changes and listens carefully. I'd recommend promoting them back to Game Admin.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Booktower
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Booktower

Post by Booktower » #506713

I haven't adminned much alongside them but from what I've seen they seem pretty cool, glad to have them on the team!
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #511758

Has been promoted, rising like the phoenix.