Trialmin Review: Cynic716

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: Trialmin Review: Cynic716

Post by Nervere » #524025

Bottom post of the previous page:

oranges wrote:I am a shitload more abrasive than cynic, and I was still made an admin, without any trial extension at al
Look how that turned out.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #524028

Timonk wrote:So what you're saying is I can start a trial, go completely inactive, get promoted then be a badmin after 2 months?
Reread sentences 3 and 4
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #524033

Okay I can comment now because I've had them online as an admin, at the same time as three other admins.

There was alot of music being played and shit meme sound clips too. My favorite turned out to be a little indie band from the area I grew up in.

If this isn't the start of the third page I'm going to be mad at my ability to count.

I was right that this thread was/is a dumpster fire.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #524040

Nervere wrote:
oranges wrote:I am a shitload more abrasive than cynic, and I was still made an admin, without any trial extension at al
Look how that turned out.
pretty well from where im standing
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #524042

Everyone needs to stop viewing cynic so cynically.
► Show Spoiler
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #524047

wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #524050

Let's be honest here, all this fluff is about is not wanting a person in power that uses their trans-identity as a bludgeon to beat down all those that oppose her, regardless of intent.

So, sharing the sentiment of Plapatin, are we done playing game of thrones over an admin seat, and can we start acting like gamers again, instead of politicians?

What are we reviewing here anyway? I personally never had a bwoink from cynic, and unless you get bwoinked like 50 times, like, how is a player even supposed to judge their admin ability?
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #524051

That's not fluff, It's a very legitimate criticism of Cynic as an admin.
Being an admin, and thus someone meant to be a pillar of the community, goes far beyond how well they bwoink people.
Everyone here's concern is about how Cynic acts out of game and as a person: it's entirely relevant to this review, and trying to suppress these opinions will not help your case.
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #524056

ok catbeast, and how does it help anyone's case when you have to write 3 harry potter novels for something, that can be summed up in 3 sentences?

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #524066

The people not writing Harry Potter Fan Fic mostly are getting ignored in the favor of Draco's leather pants.
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #524073

I haven't written any novels in this thread.
People who post paragraphs upon paragraphs in these threads are braindead. No one reads that shit.
You want concise discourse, I'll give you this: Cynic's refusal to acknowledge any criticism in this thread as legitimate shows that her detractors are right, and she hasn't learned a thing since her first trial extension.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #524090

t. guy who extended their trial for political reasons
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #524092

Nervere wrote:I haven't written any novels in this thread.
People who post paragraphs upon paragraphs in these threads are braindead. No one reads that shit.
You want concise discourse, I'll give you this: Cynic's refusal to acknowledge any criticism in this thread as legitimate shows that her detractors are right, and she hasn't learned a thing since her first trial extension.
Cynic explicitly said they didn't take the trial extension seriously and won't change. That should be all we need to hear.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #524094

Sandshark808 wrote:
Nervere wrote:I haven't written any novels in this thread.
Cynic explicitly said they didn't take the trial extension seriously and won't change. That should be all we need to hear.
Honestly, nothing anyone else has said in this thread could possibly be more damning than the things Cynic themselves have stated in this thread. At first it was just them further proving their poor temperament and responding poorly to criticism, but then they just outright stated that they had no intention of complying with the original reason their trial was extended. Seems pretty open and shut.

I can't wait for them to pass their trial anyway.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #524096

oranges wrote:t. guy who extended their trial for political reasons
I wasn't a headmin during their first trial review. You know this.
cynic716
Byond Username: Cynic716

Post by cynic716 » #524098

According to this graph I am morally superior to all of you.
Also me disregarding the reasons of the trial extention is only damning if there was a good reason for it in the first place. There simply wasn't, and if disagreeing with the headmins' choice to do it ends with me deadmined then so goddamn be it. By the by you all seem to forget the part where I specifically dm'd each headmin at the time. Like, I made it extremely clear from the beginning and haven't stopped being clear about it. They very well know how much I disagree with that shit happening me saying it now doesn't change things one bit.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #524100

lol what the fuck is going on in here
[this space reserved]
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #524102

wesoda25 wrote:lol what the fuck is going on in here
Drama, endless drama.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
cynic716

Post by cynic716 » #524104

This is now a clown pranks ideas thread.
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #524105

cynic716 wrote:if disagreeing with the headmins' choice to do it ends with me deadmined then so goddamn be it.
If nothing else, I at least respect the fact that you'll stand up for what you believe in regardless of consequence. Even if the thing you believe in is wrong, it still takes some serious balls to do that at the cost of your own reputation/promotion.
By the by you all seem to forget the part where I specifically dm'd each headmin at the time.
Kind of difficult to remember a fact that you were never aware of.

Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
cynic716

Post by cynic716 » #524108

Second, I'll come out and say it I fully believe the headmin's "criticism" was just fullblown bullshit, like, I specifically went through and discussed it with each of them one on one looking for literally anything else, I would have taken "You're too inactive" over the bullshit I got fed about being too aggressive or whatever.
Try reading my replies sometime, there's some good stuff in there.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #524109

cynic716 wrote:This is now a clown pranks ideas thread.
some suggestion i saw ages ago that i ended up doing is you put something that slips down as clown and hide, and when someone slips you pop out and give them a prize

but now that hardstuns are gone its a lot harder to do
[this space reserved]
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #524111

They do a good enough job handling tickets ingame, promote.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #524112

cynic716 wrote:
Second, I'll come out and say it I fully believe the headmin's "criticism" was just fullblown bullshit, like, I specifically went through and discussed it with each of them one on one looking for literally anything else, I would have taken "You're too inactive" over the bullshit I got fed about being too aggressive or whatever.
The tone of your assertion implied that you had mentioned this fact long ago - perhaps even as far back as the original trial review - and that we should all have been aware of it and were just choosing to disregard it.

Spoiler:
cynic716

Post by cynic716 » #524115

deedubya wrote:
cynic716 wrote:
The tone of your assertion implied that you had mentioned this fact long ago - perhaps even as far back as the original trial review - and that we should all have been aware of it and were just choosing to disregard it.
Okay boomer
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #524118

[this space reserved]
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #524119

cynic716 wrote:Okay boomer

Spoiler:
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #524128

deedubya wrote: it still takes some serious balls to do that
hhhhhh
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #524133

cynic called me a retard and it was mean, then they watched my overwatch stream and just shit talked. 0/10 deadmin immediately
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #524136

She poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses!
deedubya
Confined to the shed

Post by deedubya » #524137

Malkraz wrote:
deedubya wrote: it still takes some serious balls to do that
hhhhhh

That wasn't even on purpose.

Spoiler:
Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #524140

what the fuck is going on
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #524186

Put me in the screenshot
:D
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #524203

best review thread since oranges
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
cynic716

Post by cynic716 » #524223

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #524237

>transphobes

I don't think one of these people here fit this description
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #524240

it's BONERMASTER, heathen! Don't disrespect the initiates of the great Takov, or his holy wrath shall smite you where you stand, with such fury that it shall split open the very earth itself!!

terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #524242

cynic716 wrote:Image
>sandshark
>not dirt reptile
missed a chance there, im changing my opinion to deadmin cynic. i dont want admins that cant bants.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #524246

cynic716 wrote:Image
>cynic pointing a knife at cynic
This gave me a good chuckle
► Show Spoiler
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #524293

Trust no one, even yourself.
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #524319

Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #524326

Kat.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #524470

Being me I say promote out of spite.
Maximum Chaos play through.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #524474

Nervere wrote:Image
I hope this is your cat because it is cute as fuck and if I was to ban you I would keep you on the condition of weekly cat posts
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #524486

i hate cats
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #524487

Tarchonvaagh wrote:i hate cats
Are you a dog person?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Exavere
Byond Username: Exavere

Post by Exavere » #524509

I've read through the past comments. I agree, and disagree, with some of them. People can put whatever they feel is Review-Thread worthy, and whether or not people want to take that as criticism will be different based on opinion of what valid criticism is.

With that said I'll simply be speaking from Personal Experience, since I have started to get to know them more in the last few months. Admining with Cynic has been fun. I feel they react a bit too strongly to what other people say at times, and could use a little more of the "I don't care, it's just nerds on the internet" mindset. They haven't been on as much lately so my experiences with them have been brief as of late. But with that in mind I feel they're capable being a good admin. Promote.
The Plasmeme life is not an easy one.
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #524579

Good egg, though you should really learn to let things go. If you keep getting mad at small things, you're going to burn up right quick.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #524591

FloranOtten wrote:Good egg, though you should really learn to let things go. If you keep getting mad at small things, you're going to burn up right quick.
I agree
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #524593

Exavere wrote:I've read through the past comments. I agree, and disagree, with some of them. People can put whatever they feel is Review-Thread worthy, and whether or not people want to take that as criticism will be different based on opinion of what valid criticism is.

With that said I'll simply be speaking from Personal Experience, since I have started to get to know them more in the last few months. Admining with Cynic has been fun. I feel they react a bit too strongly to what other people say at times, and could use a little more of the "I don't care, it's just nerds on the internet" mindset. They haven't been on as much lately so my experiences with them have been brief as of late. But with that in mind I feel they're capable being a good admin. Promote.
I agree with this one too
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #524594

Timonk wrote:
Tarchonvaagh wrote:i hate cats
Are you a dog person?
Yes