Trialmin Review: NoxVs

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Trialmin Review: NoxVs

Post by Domitius » #586268

NoxVs has now been in the .txt as a Trial Admin for roughly two months.

Please use this thread as public review; it's encouraged for players to comment on how well/badly the trial admin has done and whether or not they think the trial admin should be made a full admin, if they should be removed from the .txt or if their promotion should be delayed.
Pumpkin0
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Pumpkin0

Re: Trialmin Review: NoxVs

Post by Pumpkin0 » #586272

Great admin to be around, has been really helpful when figuring things out and handles issues in a great, efficient manner. Promote!
the w
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #586277

I was initially hesitant to see Nox adminned. I'd always seen him as a bit of a validhunting shitter and I wasn't sure he was the right fit for the admin team.

I am quite happy to state that these former opinions are now completely gone. Nox has consistently shown himself to be a credit to the admin team and has transformed into what I believe is a good role model for any player.

I like Nox's attitude to adminning in general. He's not afraid to get his hands muddied and will actively venture to other servers. He melds very well with the admin team as a whole. Similar to Pumpkin, he will regularly take ahelps and other tickets so I can focus on Maintainery things more.

I look forward to seeing Nox on the adminlist with a fully fledged admin title next week.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #586354

As a player, I always saw Nox going the extra mile to contribute to a round in his own way and in his own persona in the character he presents. He's been someone I can trust to be a genuinely capable player, even if that edges into being a little validhappy. Timber already touched on that, and while I can get the perception of Nox being like that can be jarring for some on the receiving end, he did genuinely conducted himself in reasonable fashion the vast majority of the time before he made admin even when he was validing people. I don't think I've seen him jump to validing people except when it's an extreme situation. His conduct was less restrained very early on when I first saw him on Sybil, and that culminated in me giving him a note for when it got a bit out of hand. He's definitely not pulled anything quite like it since, and even then there was some actual game mechanics at the time that resulted in that situation happening the way it did. I can definitely say I'm guilty as charged of some similar shit, so I think he's done a lot to keep up with the way he plays while still being a good member of the community and not taking it to an excessive degree. And maybe this note coloured others impressions of him for other admins who might have seen it.

I've sadly not been playing enough over the last few months due to a variety of reasons to see much of him as an admin, but from what I've seen he's been fairly amiable. If his personality was anything to go by before hitting the position, he's likely to be well suited for the role.

I can't seem to find anywhere to remind me, but has he had any appeals as of late? I swear Nox was involved in an appeal recently and I had something to point out about it but I can't seem to find it anymore.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #586476

NecromancerAnne wrote:I can't seem to find anywhere to remind me, but has he had any appeals as of late? I swear Nox was involved in an appeal recently and I had something to point out about it but I can't seem to find it anymore.
Nope, haven't had any appeals yet, or any involvement in any recent appeals. Pumpkin and Melbert have both had appeals, so you may be getting me confused with one of them.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #586568

Possibly! Good sign never the less.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #586583

Nox is a pretty calm dude overall, easy to admin with aswell. Manages ahelps dutifully and prayers with imagination. Nox deserves to be promoted.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #587076

Promoted!