Dynamic Feedback [Regular Servers]

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Dynamic Feedback [Regular Servers]

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #587437

Please post here for any feedback regarding dynamic on regular servers here.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: Dynamic Feedback [Regular Servers]

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #587447

needs more threat in average and maybe some roundstart checks to prevent when u have full stacked sec team to roll literally less than 10
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #587449

i think its fine how we have it now
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Sparkezel
Byond Username: SparkezelPL

Post by Sparkezel » #587453

Yeah I think it could use more threat on average, and I think it would be fun if there was more threat depending on how staffed security is.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #587454

yea its dumb when we have 10 sec and 10 threat
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #587455

What if rather than scaling threat, threat checks occur more rapidly with a larger population/security team?

The issue is sometimes on high threat antags will trickle in while the security team just stomps them as they pop up without having enough simultaneous diversion to really make the round challenging, and you end up with officers waiting around for the 20 minutes between new antags being dumped in
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #587456

I like it more than the normal game modes.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #587457

- Malf AI needs to consume more threat than a normal traitor
- it kind of sucks when dynamic spends 40 threat on a wiz then they die within 2 mins. Dunno what the solution to this is. (Could dynamic add a bunch of threat back when a wiz dies?)
usnpeepoo
Byond Username: Usnpeepoo

Post by usnpeepoo » #587461

spiders should take more of a threat in dynamic and in fact actually take threat with how easily round ending they are if the broodmother just makes eggs and eggs and eggs for like 10 minutes until if one spiders dies, he can instantly respawn with no repercussions.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #587462

In the light of some efforts to revamp dynamic I'll be taking the time hopefully sometime soon to throw together a dashboard where some simulations can run and people can be able to understand all these numbers and see what tweaks would do to change things. Really be able to give proper feedback, and fine turn the experience.

Up until now everything I've done for this was with an Excel sheet simulation that no one really asked for, and dynamic for us has been a bit limited in scope. Now I actually have enough reason to make things a bit easier.
Hugs
Gogodapogostick
Byond Username: Gogo9001

Post by Gogodapogostick » #587466

Personally, I love dynamic as is. Every round feels very different, and I would also like to address the issue some have with random events in combination with dynamic antags. Every time I've seen event-spawned antags and dynamic antags together, almost everyone has a great time and finds it as a fun experience, at least on bagil. Even double blob, which is very strong, is just so rare that people will be excited to see it despite losing the round almost guarenteed. All in all, dynamic seems perfect as is, and I would likely be very sad if it was tweaked too much (though some change is likely justified.
mickyy5
Byond Username: Mickyy5

Post by mickyy5 » #587469

WineAllWine wrote: - it kind of sucks when dynamic spends 40 threat on a wiz then they die within 2 mins. Dunno what the solution to this is. (Could dynamic add a bunch of threat back when a wiz dies?)
What if threat refunding was a thing? If an antagonist dies/loses then half the threat they cost is refunded back to the pool.
For traitors and wizards the refund would occur after they are dead for 5 minutes (to prevent the wizards heal staff wielding apprentice murdering/reviving the wizard to screw up the round), and for blobs e.c.t its instant.
This would help keep the danger to the station going, while rewarding the crew fo beating the threat by slowly reducing the threat pool.
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #587516

still not a fan of 100% dynamic on sybil, and I really tried to give it a chance. Dynamic 2021 appears to fix a lot of my problems regarding spawning 8 traitors and 2 lings on a 30 pop station roundstart, but it still has the issue where ultimately I just don't think certain antags should ever cross over. Saw a cult last night with a staff of healing they got from a wizard, they still somehow managed to lose because it was sybil but literally nobody had a fun time.
ShibaInuLord
Byond Username: ShibaInuLord

Post by ShibaInuLord » #587522

dynamic is fun cause there's variety, some rounds you have 100 threat for nukies wiz and heretics and some rounds you have 10 threat which is basically a greenshift, also midround antags good
I play a retard called Deana Whittler
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #587534

Jimmius wrote:still not a fan of 100% dynamic on sybil, and I really tried to give it a chance. Dynamic 2021 appears to fix a lot of my problems regarding spawning 8 traitors and 2 lings on a 30 pop station roundstart, but it still has the issue where ultimately I just don't think certain antags should ever cross over. Saw a cult last night with a staff of healing they got from a wizard, they still somehow managed to lose because it was sybil but literally nobody had a fun time.
Dynamic already supports not letting certain antags cross, actually.

There's some variable they can set so that specific rulesets are blocked (the roundstart revolution ruleset blocks the midround provocateur, for example), but also a generic HIGHLANDER_RULESET flag, meaning "this ruleset can't be mixed with other HIGHLANDER_RULESET"s. For example, you will never have roundstart nuke ops mixed with cult without admin intervention.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Sevaaas1
Byond Username: Sevaaas1

Post by Sevaaas1 » #596856

i like it but i believe it needs to scale more with sec, sometimes there is too much sec for 1 antag for example, also i dont know how it handles this, but sometimes antags die way too quickly, in the first parts of the rounds, and the round ends up being really boring, maybe it could refresh the threat value every so often in realation to how many antags are alive?
Technoturnovers
Byond Username: Technoturnovers

Post by Technoturnovers » #606030

I think that Abductors and Pirates deserve a larger spawn chance, for such unique and (relatively) less threatening antags they rarely ever appear, at least in my experience.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #606040

Sevaaas1 wrote:i like it but i believe it needs to scale more with sec, sometimes there is too much sec for 1 antag for example, also i dont know how it handles this, but sometimes antags die way too quickly, in the first parts of the rounds, and the round ends up being really boring, maybe it could refresh the threat value every so often in realation to how many antags are alive?
This was a good idea and it should probably happen if it can.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo