Trialmin Review: Sacko

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Trialmin Review: Sacko

Post by Jimmius » #613883

Sacko has now been in the .txt as a Trial Admin for roughly two months.

Please use this thread as public review; it's encouraged for players to comment on how well/badly the trial admin has done and whether or not they think the trial admin should be made a full admin, if they should be removed from the .txt or if their promotion should be delayed.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: Trialmin Review: Sacko

Post by bobbahbrown » #613888

very active, very determined fellow.

i don't often comment on these threads, but i think its worth putting in a word here to say just how impressed i am with sacko's motivation and dedication to our community, especially in relation to our events team.

can't wait to see what he does in the future!

sincerely,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #613981

Sacko has such an energy, such a ZEST... if every admin had even a fraction of his power the server would be in a much better state... He seems incredibly willing to take constructive criticism, constantly is scheming up new fun events and activities, and has been one of the few admins still patrolling bagil, while still taking the time to check in with other servers. Very good lad, promote!
► Show Spoiler
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #614004

Just promote I hate all admins except sacko
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #614007

they're very enthusiastic and spreads that enthusiasm to everyone he works with, no brainer
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #614013

If we placed Sacko in a hamster wheel we could power large countries.

Very good at pushing people to get big things done, great person to have around.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #614017

Reposting what I said in their feedback thread:
Sacko carries all the enthusiasm, energy, and creativity that I wished I had as admin. I absolutely love seeing new trialmins using their new powers and influence to better the server outside of administrative matters, and Sacko really stands out in this regard. They’ve been a massive breath of fresh air on bagil, and I really feel are doing great work in attempting to regenerate interest in the server. Keep it up!
[this space reserved]
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #614020

impressive
Bytube
Github User
Byond Username: Bytube
Github Username: Bytube

Post by Bytube » #614026

I noticed from me helping him out with events and just conversing with him in general, he has a lot of energy and enthusiasm and love for what he does and is genuinely a nice guy to be around.
world famous lizard lawyer
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #614041

Goodest of boys, pls promote
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW:
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #614049

Sacko shows a great ability to throw together community events (Talent Show, Discord Debates, etc) that are greater than a single round without being as complex as seasonal events.

This is something our community needs more of, bravo to Sacko for his work.
Cimika
Byond Username: Cimika

Post by Cimika » #614094

Sacko is one of those admins we will still think about and talk about in years. Promote asap.
Queen of the 2020 Summer Ball
Spoiler:
From the legendary ShadowFlame thread :

Richie9999
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Richie9999

Post by Richie9999 » #614168

Solid admin. Has a ton of enthusiasm, both for admining and for coming up with interesting events. The fact that they admin on bagil is only slightly influencing my opinion. I promise.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #614220

I attended the bagil talent show
even though there were a few acts that dragged I had a good time

if his adminning is as good as his event running he's probably a pretty damn good admin, but admittedly I don't play on bagil so I can't really say more than this
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #614329

lil suspicious, not so sure....
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #614348

To give a break from the endless praise:

Could benefit from slowing down and putting a little bit more thought into things. Their infinite energy to accomplish the seemingly impossible can definitely backfire and lead to rash actions without much thought behind them.

Definitely something I hope to see them work on more after promotion! Keep the boundless energy brought to events and the community, while tapping the brakes and putting more thought into administrative things.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #614392

Timberpoes wrote:To give a break from the endless praise:

Could benefit from slowing down and putting a little bit more thought into things. Their infinite energy to accomplish the seemingly impossible can definitely backfire and lead to rash actions without much thought behind them.

Definitely something I hope to see them work on more after promotion! Keep the boundless energy brought to events and the community, while tapping the brakes and putting more thought into administrative things.
Any examples of mistakes that trace back to this?
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Sacko
Byond Username: Sacko

Post by Sacko » #614394

Stickymayhem wrote:

I talked with timber in pms after this asking the exact same thing. This was more just a general bit of constructive feedback on how I should could be channeling my energy. I agree with them on a lot of the things we said there. It's just a matter of me taking a moment to think before zipping all over the place.
From the Great State of Wisconsin. Visit Madison, WI this summer!!! Go to the capitol, and Olbrich Gardens, and the arboretum, and the Chazen art museum, and historical camp Randall stadium. For nice.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #614395

Stickymayhem wrote:

sacko is a lot like a sponge for useful feedback. He just soaks up everything. When he does stop to think, he is rather insightful.

He reflected on the feedback I gave and noticed areas where he had doubts about himself but hadn't been given any specific feedback on.

I'm satisfied that he has the right attitude and approach. The ability to self-reflect and improve that help good admins adapt to the times as the server, rules, leadership and players evolve.

There's no opposition to promoting him from me.

I will watch his career with great interest.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #614418

Sacko you are perfect improve nothing run great events steal the sun rule with an iron fist I will slay anyone who attempts to remove you from the hamster wheel you're powering human civilization and a third of the Mars colony from
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #614437

Second this. One thing in particular that I notice is that your ticket conversations with people can often be a little messy, and you generally give off a “stream-of-conciousness” vibe. I think you could benefit from being a little more deliberate about things, carefully constructing responses so that you can efficiently and effectively get your point across, with less room for confusion.
[this space reserved]
Sacko
Byond Username: Sacko

Post by Sacko » #614439

wesoda25 wrote:

Second this. One thing in particular that I notice is that your ticket conversations with people can often be a little messy, and you generally give off a “stream-of-conciousness” vibe. I think you could benefit from being a little more deliberate about things, carefully constructing responses so that you can efficiently and effectively get your point across, with less room for confusion.
Very good feedback. I handle tickets the same way i handle forum posts and discord chats. I just type what i think untill I've fun out of material. But by that time I've already written several paragraphs i think i should type my initial response to tickets down in a note pad file and then condense it into something to send to whoever i am messaging
From the Great State of Wisconsin. Visit Madison, WI this summer!!! Go to the capitol, and Olbrich Gardens, and the arboretum, and the Chazen art museum, and historical camp Randall stadium. For nice.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #615256

I HATE EM HE'S FROM WISCONSIN!

IF he wasn't however, he has a calm mind and a sweet soul. However he his please demote to the assistant cleaner of toilets, even lower than an assistant.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #615302

An energetic and ambitious admin, Sacko has taken on new challenges with gusto even as a trial admin. The recent Bagil Talent Show was an impressive feat, and for a first event it went very well. As was mentioned above Sacko can still work on focusing his energy better into the things he's doing, but we see no reason not to promote him.

Promoted!
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: