Trialmin Review: o0cyan0o

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Trialmin Review: o0cyan0o

Post by tattle » #614988

o0cyan0o has now been in the .txt as a Trial Admin for roughly one month since their last review.

Please use this thread as public review; it's encouraged for players to comment on how well/badly the trial admin has done and whether or not they think the trial admin should be made a full admin, if they should be removed from the .txt or if their promotion should be delayed.
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: Trialmin Review: o0cyan0o

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #614992

Although I've already established that I'm his friend in his first trialmin review and therefore clearly biased and incapable of providing any useful comments -
Cyan (buddy) (friend) seems a lot calmer and more relaxed now than his last review. Afaik, this was the issue he was held in trial a month ago for, so progress on that front is what I'm going to assume is good progress.

In terms of evidence towards that claim, a few weeks back the rest of politics-containment (lovable hellhole now thanks to rule 11 as opposed to the unloveable hellhole before) and I were making a joke that, paraphrased, said that "being rude to shitters on the forums is based"/calling goof a moron was cool.
Cyan stepped in and said that it wasn't, and he was wrong for doing so.

Admitting that you're wrong is already a good step, but being willing to say so in front of a crowd of people who are saying that you weren't wrong/it was cool to do what you did is a much further step.

sadly he hasn't gone to the thunderdome with me in a while so I haven't had the opportunity to turn him into a corn cob as he slowly shrinks away claiming he's not owned, but I don't think that's an issue that should prevent cool burple color
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #614996

I enjoy cyan, they’re a fun person and mesh really well with bus (something I’ve come to appreciate more recently). Their administrative and OOC conduct seems fine enough (wasnt really around when the initial concerns manifested so ?), I think they’d be a good addition to the team!

On second thought though they are an outspoken critic of bingus so... =/ eh we could probably do without em.
[this space reserved]
oklews
Byond Username: Oklews

Post by oklews » #615045

They're cool, they've been respectful in ahelps and gave good responses without tipping the hand on why some responses might be vague. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing them as an admin whatsoever.
BorisvcBorison
Byond Username: Boris vc Borisvon

Post by BorisvcBorison » #615053

I think they've definitely improved (and I supported them in the first trial), so please promote my boy
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #615054

Improved over last review
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #615056

Wants things removed that I don't want removed, but overall is a funny guy meshes well with the other admins and seems to enjoy the support of the players which is all good signs to me. Promote.
Sacko
Byond Username: Sacko

Post by Sacko » #615058

Very chill guy. Haven't seen him repeating any past mistakes recently. Meshes really well with people in discord and in the server. I think he deserves a promotion this go around. Put in a lot of solid work.
From the Great State of Wisconsin. Visit Madison, WI this summer!!! Go to the capitol, and Olbrich Gardens, and the arboretum, and the Chazen art museum, and historical camp Randall stadium. For nice.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #615063

Does well in adminbus, has improved a lot since his last trial despite being just a month ago - which they also took extremely well as they fully recognized their issues.
Very happy with their progress and want to see them as a GameAdmin. Perfect example of why trial extentions are fine.
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #615068

wubli wrote:Does well in adminbus, has improved a lot since his last trial despite being just a month ago - which they also took extremely well as they fully recognized their issues.
Very happy with their progress and want to see them as a GameAdmin. Perfect example of why trial extentions are fine.
this is a good point honestly i didn't think an extension would do anything but it did great work in helping cyan improve
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #615088

I was enthusiastic for Cyan in the beginning, then fairly mixed on his aggression in tickets--you can see both of these emotions in two separate posts on his first thread!

I didn't want to let my personal friendship with him blind me, so! Here's every one of his tickets, for admins to see: https://atlantaned.space/tgdb/player/o0cyann0o/tickets

Looking through a good number of his "*BWOINK*", I can confirm that he has definitely lowered the aggression a lot. I'm of course seeing a lot more basic platitudes like "please", but most noticeably I'm seeing a lot more patience in tickets.

+1
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Mooshimi
Byond Username: Mooshimi

Events!!

Post by Mooshimi » #615092

Does really cute, small harmless events that add to the round such as: var editing carps to be small and cute, and letting them be player controlled. I think this should be done more often! Small things added to the round that are wholesome like this. I love it! It made me smile so much.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: Events!!

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #615257

Mooshimi wrote:Does really cute, small harmless events that add to the round such as var editing carps to be small and cute, and letting them be player controlled. I think this should be done more often! Small things added to the round that are wholesome like this. I love it! It made me smile so much.
>Wholesome
While I hate wholesome things, cyan is an exception cause I like his humor beyond wholesome things. But when he does wholesome things I chug my Hennesy to calm myself down, but wholesome things are good for the player base so I'm just a complainer

TL;DR wholesome good, promote.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #615629

Over the past month since their last review I think they've rose further to the occasion and the concerns I had before have been scoured away quite nicely.

Promote our boy!
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #615641

Friendly and good willed. It's obvious they care for the players' enjoyment of the round and will often seek opportunities to nudge things delicately to create more interesting scenarios or spice up a stagnant shift. They're also enjoyable to be around when they're playing, and that's a plus.

Please promote!

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #616105

who?
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #616133

Cyan has improved greatly since last trial review, and it's encouraging to see how he's growing. Sadly, Cyan will not be taking home the longest trial period trophy. Promoted!
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: