Additions to Rule 11

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Additions to Rule 11

Post by RaveRadbury » #615310

Hey everyone,
The host ruling from https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ad#p613295 has been added to Rule 11, specifically:
This means rather than warning or banning for quoting a usage such as "Griff McNazi got banned for calling somebody a faggot" or even things like "nigga pls" and "what are you faggots playing" which are generally not statements made to be bigoted, we'll focus more on statements like "you talk like a [insert stereotype]" or "x is a [insert slur]".
The following precedents are also being added for Rule 11
Rule 11 Precedents
- For more information about how this rule is enforced, see https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Admin_Cond ... Guidelines

- This rule applies to ALL OOC bigotry, even when expressed in IC. There is no racism in 2561, just species-ism: there is no homophobia, just xenophiliaphobia, etc.

- Admins are encouraged to use rule 1 to deal with instances where """IC""" bigotry is excessive or designed as a mask for ooc bigotry.

- Context is important, but somebody being an out and proud bigot, nazi, or white supremacist also counts as context. Somebody who makes it known they are bigoted towards PoCs playing a PoC character that starts checking stereotype boxes isn't going to fool us.
As always our rules can be found at https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules

This thread is for feedback and questions on this change.
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Re: Additions to Rule 11

Post by Anuv » #615314

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #615318

For long there was a concern within the community about rule 11 not being clear enough, I'm glad your first change during your first term as headmins tackles such an important subject, following the Host's original intention behind it, and without adding any needless complexity.
It's concise and it doesn't get clearer than this. Cheers.

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #615379

I think it would be better if the precedent used plain English instead of PC acronyms like "PoC","BIPOC", "BAME" or whatever college administrators are calling non-white people these days.
► Show Spoiler
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #615392

Agree with Farquaar on this one. Hell even I don't know what those are.

cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #615399

Agux909 wrote:Agree with Farquaar on this one. Hell even I don't know what those are.
poc and bipoc are people of color, and black, indigenous, people of color

Personally could not care less about that part of the rule, it think its a god send as is
► Show Spoiler
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #615402

cSeal wrote:
Agux909 wrote:Agree with Farquaar on this one. Hell even I don't know what those are.
poc and bipoc are people of color, and black, indigenous, people of color

Personally could not care less about that part of the rule, it think its a god send as is
I know, definition is a google search away, but I think it could potentially be used as a "I thought x meant y and not z" card, cause headaches and pointless arguing in the future.

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #615527

Rule 11 Precedents
- Context is important,
When will the admin team start acting like it is then?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #615583

thumbs up cool
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #616058

I know what those are and I agree with Farquaar. Reading the rules should not require knowledge of American "culture".