Streaming Trials Feedback

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Streaming Trials Feedback

Post by RaveRadbury » #624736

This thread is for feedback, experiences, and observations made during the streaming trials.

VODs of the streaming trials can be found here although they will eventually expire. You'll have to do a little bit of looking to make sure that it was recorded on our server and not any of the other servers that allow streaming.

At the time of this posting a weeklong trial will be starting on Manuel. This thread will be unlocked when this trial is over.

In the meantime please take a look at the VODs being made and play some rounds.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: Streaming Trials Feedback

Post by RaveRadbury » #626352

The current trial has been extended through the weekend (ending Tuesday, January 25, 2022 12:00:00 AM, sometime Monday evening for US players) but I'll be unlocking this thread now.

Please make sure that your feedback is rooted in experiences you've had playing in-game (include the round ID, Scrubby can help you find it) or things you've witnessed by watching VODs (try to include the VOD you're referencing).

If you'd like to share general opinions or thoughts about /tg/station allowing streaming, feel free to do so here.
Ook
Byond Username: Taocat

Post by Ook » #626401

Hello everyone. I am the Duke of Ook, one of the streamers who has been participating in these trials. I have been playing ss13 for around 3-4 years regularly now. On and off for longer. I mostly played goon with some vg on the side when I started off but I bounced around to a bunch of code bases random naming until I mostly stuck with goon. I am in no way a big streamer, I am lucky to break 45 people a night. If I stream anything other than ss13 I get around 20 ish viewers. I have been streaming just slightly over a year, so the whole streamer culture and streamer game are very new to me. Here are some interesting facts from my analytics that I have noticed about me streaming on tg.

I have had roughly 5-7 average viewer uptick when streaming on Manuel
My viewers seem to enjoy your community quite a bit. More so than other communities that I have participated in while streaming (CM, Goon, Bee code offshoots)
Most of my players are incapable of playing the game, but they think the game play of tg is the most interesting.
Manuel seems to have been hitting popcap regularly, This is not because of me, I dont have a tide to bring.
I haven't had any issues with meta involvement the times i rolled antag.

So far while I have played tg, I have only noticed 2-3 people with names I recognize from other servers. Most of my viewers are goon nerds who seem to be wanting to branch out but are afraid to leave the kiddy pool that is goon or just want to see what tg is like. Most of them are surprised it isnt gamer word central.
For me, however, playing and streaming on tg these last few weeks has been enjoyable. Making friends, doing crime, selling cigs, its been fairly enjoyable. People in general are nice and agreeable and are willing to work on gimmicks quite a bit. It has been so refreshing from goons 50+ staff assistant rounds, mechanics have depth to them, departments matter to each other, game play is fun, etc etc. The list goes on.

Regardless of all of that, thank you for having me. I have been having a wonderful time and enjoy playing with you nerds. Shout out to Joe Colada for having a name thats easy to make fun of. I am sure he will never live it down.
Repost cause idiot
Dreskar
Byond Username: Setch Dreskar

Post by Dreskar » #626417

Hello all, my name is Setch Dreskar and I am one of the streamers taking part in the test. My timeframe is rather early for Manuel but even so I have had pleasant rounds early, 10 AM Eastern is my starting time each day of the week, with active play though the rounds do tend to be on the longer side.

I have done some gimmicks but mostly just playing as I normally would on Manuel, which has been a great experience for the entire time I have played on it. I have been streaming SS13 on and off, mostly on Goonstation which has an open streaming policy, and while the player numbers are less on Manuel the experience has been just as enjoyable as my time on the far more chaotic Goon. Yet a good note in Manuels favor and much of why I play on it off my stream too, is that gimmicks are favored over just body count and you can have more interesting encounters, like a janitor lizard making an army of cleanbots and hygienebots to fight a war on grime [it was me!], or a chaplain whose entire religion is based around crime and theft, to the usual shenanigans.

My chats have been very active when it comes to SS13 in general and I am grateful to have people genuinely interested in /tg/ though as per request I haven't shown or told the name of the server to my streams, those who know it, know it obviously. So far, at least to my knowledge, my streams have not been a disruption to the server as a whole and I would welcome the chance to stream on it far more, perhaps even get more of Manuel's playerbase interested in an earlier timeslot much like goon's is.

I would like to once again thank Rave and everyone that has been on the stream, from this time and before and of course the wonderful plays of /tg/ and the usual creative insanity we get up to. I can only hope that the streams have been a positive affect on the server and that we will be allowed to continue streaming the fun in the future.
Moltov
Byond Username: Moltov

Post by Moltov » #627831

Regardless of all of that, thank you for having me. I have been having a wonderful time and enjoy playing with you nerds. Shout out to Joe Colada for having a name thats easy to make fun of. I am sure he will never live it down.
Repost cause idiot
Enjoyed having you for the trial. You were very entertaining to be 'round in character, and on rounds where I didn't play to watch your stream- it was entertaining. Robusto gold > uplifts.
Image Image
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #627876

gotta say, im pretty sure I played during a streaming test and my favorite part was that when I walked by the HoP line, it was packed full, the ticket counter was at 37, and the HoP was making people do paperwork

it fucking owned, keep streamers around forever if it means hop paperwork lines occur