Trialmin Review: ShelteredFreak

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Trialmin Review: ShelteredFreak

Post by tattle » #626299

ShelteredFreak has now been in the .txt as a Trial Admin for roughly two months.

Please use this thread as public review; it's encouraged for players to comment on how well/badly the trial admin has done and whether or not they think the trial admin should be made a full admin, if they should be removed from the .txt or if their promotion should be delayed.
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Richie9999
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Richie9999

Re: Trialmin Review: ShelteredFreak

Post by Richie9999 » #626430

Solid admin, regularly present, sometimes funny, admins on bagil, promote.
Mrzelix
Byond Username: Mrzelix

Post by Mrzelix » #626434

time for the: admin review!
engaging with players: 8/10
sense of humor/not being dense: 10/10
knowledge of the game: 9/10
handling of shitters : 9/10
reading of the mood: 8/10
special notes: Sheltered (from what I've seen) interacts with other admins well, likes the basil community, and also makes sure they take a break as necessary.
Did I miss important stuff? yeah, but I still recommend, they actively make basil a better place to play at.
Incompetent Lightbulb and annoying nokia, somehow manages to stick around.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #626479

I'm very happy with their progress. They've made their fair share of mistakes but was always open to feedback and I did not ever see them make the same one twice. I think they engage decently well with the community (although maybe trend towards memeyness a bit too often?), and personally really like how they handle purely administrative stuff - their noting/banning/FNR conduct is excellent. I was also very impressed to see how they handled their most recent complaint, I think they kept an astonishingly level head in spite of the very charged ahelp that was sent. On top of that they approached the complaint politely and acknowledged where they may have gone wrong, and managed to make peace with the other party, which is absolutely 10/10 stuff.

Overall I think they have been a big help to the servers and should remain as an admin. Given the frequency of mistakes though, which as their trainer I acknowledge may have been due to shortcomings on my part, I'd say a trial extension wouldn't be uncalled for to make sure they were left squarely in the past.

Going forward my advice would be: maintain your current approach with admin stuff (ahelps/notes/bans/FNR), it's excellent; make sure to be thoughtful and considerate when interacting with players as a DM (events, gimmicks, button pressing, etc); and never stop learning or trying to improve yourself as an admin!
[this space reserved]
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #626951

Helps to keep Richie from going insane solo-minning Bagil for months on end, promote 👍
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #627628

Promoted!
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: