CODE BOUNTY: Prohibit free golems from entering the station with code limitations

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

CODE BOUNTY: Prohibit free golems from entering the station with code limitations

Post by Mothblocks » #635043

You will receive one antag token for traitor or equivalent (plus $10 from Vekter) if you can implement a change to block free golems from entering the station through code.

Some nuances that come to my mind:
1. Make sure it's only for free golems, not xenobio or whatever golems.
2. Make it a component or similar so we can potentially reuse this functionality for other things.
3. Factor in that free golems exist on both Lavaland and Ice Box.
4. From that, factor in that golems on Lavaland can be sent to the station from the shuttle, and that getting to the station from Ice Box is just a few ladders. How you decide to implement this is up to you, as long as it makes them useless on station, and gives them the ability to return back from however they came if it was conventional. Basically, don't block all moves or whatever (though ladders are fine), but consider something like making them cripplingly slow and weak, collapsing a bunch, etc.

Because #4 is a lot more open ended, feel free to either post on this thread, contact me directly, or ask any other head admin if I'm unavailable how you would like to see this implemented.

Bounty will be given when the code is merged, as it is so far unlikely it will be blocked by maintainers, meaning your block would be from code quality.

Head coders have already been made aware of this bounty--this was previously blocked pending head admin approval.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: CODE BOUNTY: Prohibit free golems from entering the station with code limitations

Post by Vekter » #635045

I'll throw in $10.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
zephyrtfa
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Zephyrtfa

Re: CODE BOUNTY: Prohibit free golems from entering the station with code limitations

Post by zephyrtfa » #635056

Claiming this
davethwave
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Davethwave

Post by davethwave » #635064

Perhaps give the free golems a permanent debilitating non golem phobia with exceptions being simple mobs. Could even perhaps put up something about their past like. The image of these strange beings stir up memories forgotten too time. While they could technically go up, would make it miserable for whatsoever player who attempts it. (Just throwing out an idea)
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #635073

This is already claimed but if I were to do this I would extend the stationloving component (https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... nloving.dm) to allow it to apply to different z-levels besides the station. The code in there is already pretty comprehensive for edge cases
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #635084

PKPenguin321 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:51 am This is already claimed but if I were to do this I would extend the stationloving component (https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... nloving.dm) to allow it to apply to different z-levels besides the station. The code in there is already pretty comprehensive for edge cases
Will add on that stationstuck (https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... onstuck.dm) is the mob version of stationloving
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #635085

PKPenguin321 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:51 am This is already claimed but if I were to do this I would extend the stationloving component (https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... nloving.dm) to allow it to apply to different z-levels besides the station. The code in there is already pretty comprehensive for edge cases
I don't want golems to just flat out teleport back to the planet or whatever, I told the claimant that too--feels way too OOC. I'd rather they just be absolutely crippled with a huge status effect that tells them to go back to the planet or whatnot.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #635086

Golems are too heavy and can't climb the ladders on IceBox or I riot
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #635088

Yeah blocking climbing up/using consoles/whatever is perfectly okay, just make sure you have something for when they do get on that isn't so OOC as teleporting. The claimant understands this and I'll be in contact with 'em.

Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #635095

Was never a fan of the lavaland golems. I just hope down the line somebody doesn't slap this on ashwalkers.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #635096

Nah, I wouldn't want that, neither as a head admin nor as a designer. From the admin perspective, ash walkers don't cause nearly as many routine problems as free golems do.

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #635382