$50 BOUNTIES: New Gateway Maps

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

$50 BOUNTIES: New Gateway Maps

Post by Mothblocks » #638393

The gateway has been enabled on all servers. I want new maps.

I'm putting up four $50 cash bounties (either through PayPal or a charity of your choice) on new gateway maps.

Your gateway map must be merged, either into the codebase or through secret gateways (more on that later). This is to ensure that you work with our maptainer team to create something worth playing.

---> You can read the gateway guidelines and path forward design doc here. <---

Secret gateways are a way to add your gateway map into the game, but without putting it into the codebase and letting ghosts snoop around. This can help prevent metagaming or other sorts of planning. It is your choice on whether or not your gateway will be private, but if it is know that we expect you to maintain it. If you are interested in this choice, let me know and I can set up a private channel with you, me, and maptainers. Otherwise, just submit a PR to GitHub.

I'm not sure the demand on this, so there is a chance that bounties will run out by the time you're still working on one. If that happens, don't sweat it, we'll figure something out. Don't rush your gateways for the bounties plox.

This entire process is being manned by me from the head admin point of view, don't bug the others about it or they'll get mad at me

BOUNTIES
1. Unclaimed!
2. Unclaimed!
3. Unclaimed!
4. Unclaimed!
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Re: $50 BOUNTIES: New Gateway Maps

Post by Arcanemusic » #638396

Would you consider reworking an old gateway map to be a "new" gateway map, or do you want exclusively new DNA?
I Broke: Economy, Hydroponics, Trading Cards, Mice, Civilian Bounties, the BEPIS, Techwebs, Newscasters, and MORE EVERY DAY
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #638397

Arcanemusic wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:02 am Would you consider reworking an old gateway map to be a "new" gateway map, or do you want exclusively new DNA?
It depends...I know Cheshify is working on a new wild west map, but I'm not sure the scope of it.

The guidelines page has a lot of bullet points on how to make existing maps better, but I think the general answer is going to be no unless it's substantially different enough.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #638398

Maptainer here - If you want to discuss this, please go to #mapping-general (or whatever wacky variant we have it renamed to) and enter the thread named (Away Missions General). If you can't find it, please ping me (@san7890#7890) and I'll help you find it.

This link may also work: https://discord.com/channels/3268221442 ... 1426010162

If you want a super secret map to remain hush-hush, you may also ping me so I can get you set up in a private thread between you and the other maptainers (and Mothblocks). Thank you!
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #638722

what are the secret gateways? like, how do they work other than "others cant see it"
to what extend will ghost snooping be prevented? can they see the map if the map loaded in a round?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #638724

You can't orbit past walls and such, if I remember right.

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #638736

Will the secret maps be merged into a secret codebase?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #638739

They're in config, in a place inaccessible to non-key holders.

Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #639067

Timonk wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:20 pm what are the secret gateways? like, how do they work other than "others cant see it"
to what extend will ghost snooping be prevented? can they see the map if the map loaded in a round?
ghosts cant step on them at all. mesons/thermals may not work, ghosts that observe another player see through their eyes, unable to see stuff they normally would
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #639089

may, or do you know that mesons dont work?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

EuSouAFazenda
Byond Username: EuSouAFazenda

Post by EuSouAFazenda » #699573

1: Is the bounty still up?
2: Does the PR for merging it cost GBP?
3: Has anything changed since when this was first posted? (Rules, guidelines, expectations, etc)
I remade the beach away mission
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #699575

mapping PRs by default already don't cost GBP unless they also add new features for those maps
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #701712

config gateways were a mistake just putting it out there
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
EuSouAFazenda
Byond Username: EuSouAFazenda

Post by EuSouAFazenda » #706801

I want to claim one of the rewarsd - here's The Beach revamp, merged.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/78568

Discord account to discuss details: fazzie
I remade the beach away mission
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #712735

yes gateway bounties still up. contact me on discord to claim one, i dont actively read the forums