Event Workshop

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Event Workshop

Post by imblyings » #149918

Bottom post of the previous page:

following a post in the policy discussion subforum where I said the rules require sec to use stuns first instead of using lethals straight up like validseekers get to, I was wondering how a station would fare if sec were given some decent melee weapons and all guns on the station being deleted. Science wouldn't be able to make more/cargo couldn't order anymore/antags couldn't use any.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #149922

They'd get RnG pushed and all die instantly
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #149928

Give them arming swords! Or rapier! And the hos gets a halbard or glaive that can hit a tile away
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #153782

What about some kind of music type event based on The Devil went down to Georgia.

Pit the crew against a musically inclined slaughter demon or ascended shadowling. Death or golden fiddle.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
K Peculier
Byond Username: K Peculier

Post by K Peculier » #155956

Forever Trialcuck K Peculier here with his dangerous ideas for EVENTS!!!

Okay, first of all we have to realize what kind of playerbase /tg/ has, which in my opinion the majority being adrenaline junkies with the maturity of an eight year old. With that in mind I have devised several events that try to encourage more roleplay (https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Beyond_the_impossible) but also have that /tg/ flair to it of action and chaotic fun.
THE EVENTS
I had 3 long ass paragraphs typed up about all the events listed below with elaborate instructions but it got lost as my internet cut out when I pressed preview :salt:. When I feel like it I'll type a more coherent synopsis and instructions for them again.

The Mystery of the Tortured Soul

The crew is being haunted by a tortured soul (non-lethally) and must solve the mystery of who the murderer was for this tortured soul led on by the soul. Once the mystery is solved, the evil murderer soul is summoned and beings to cause havoc and chaos on the crew. The tortured soul must now heal and aid the crew in building a trap in the chapel to hold and vanquish the evil spirit once and for all.

Nanotrasen And The Syndicate meet New Allies

The Galactic Roman Empire and the Space Barbarian Confederation have both contacted Centcomm that they wish to ally themselves with the Space Station. The crew chooses who to ally with and the chosen faction will send representatives and themed equipment for the crew to arm and prepare themselves for the opposing faction have allied themselves with the syndicate. The syndicate will better arm and prepare an assault together with the opposing faction and it will be a standard grab that fukken disk affair, but with continuous waves of romans/barbarians attacking the station until it is blown up or the emergency shuttle leaves the station.

Space Station 13 and The Game Show

The crew is contacted by Cetcomm that they are enlisting participants for their new-found gameshow! What they don't know is that the Nanotrasen gameshow team is up against The Syndicate's own gameshow team! And the fate of the station is at stake as the nuclear disk is wagered!

The Centcomm participants and Syndicate participants must undergo a series of hi-la-rious trials (In the thunderdome) with non-biased judges (admins lmao) that will create their battle zone! This ranges from an elaborate eating contest, a cooking contest, a themed arena battle with best out of three and even a maze of DOOM that one team must go through while the other sabotages and hassles!
Also known as K Pecucklier
Yell at me here --> https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5075
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #164325

Okay, another event idea (and minor thread necromancy):

0# Set up a small, pressurized area on the derelict.
1# Send crew centcom announcement that station will soon <INSERT EXPLANATION HERE. Maybe go through warp, or something?>, and it will become a literal hellhole.
2# Set up teleport to derelict. Make it, so that new arrivals spawn there too (if impossible, wall shuttle off with invincible walls, and set up teleporter there too)
3# Laugh evilly. And wait. Give crew about 10 minutes to pack. Yes, usually you would give them more, but this is supposed to be rushed. 15 if you are generous.
4# Send an announcement that SS13 is no-go zone now. Now, spawn lots of monsters, preferably those that can go through closed doors. Or delete doors. Drop one or two explosions here and there, put some necropolis tendrils, lavaland monsters, lava, and other general nastiness. If someone remains on station despite all this, well, badmin into an ascended shadowling reskinned as god, named <INSERT SOMETHING HERE. Preferably Demon, Daemon, or something equally fitting your explaination>, and kill them. Or send them to derelict anyway, but their souls are yours.
5# Make some... Adjustments to the derelict. For example: Solars are nice, but they provide UNLIMITED POWER without any risks. Do or do not do something about them. Likewise, eliminate some loot. Or alter some areas with buildmode powers. Or spawn some smaller monsters. Or, in some places, send crew things needed to, say, clone people, or make food. Also, a teleport to lavaland would be nice.
5.5# Make an admin edict that everyone that comes to station Z-Level will be dusted. Or just place lava at it's borders. Or something else, just make sure they won't return. Maybe spam megacarps around it.
6# Crew should be focused on rebuilding now. At this point you wonder: What makes this event different from all other "REBUILD DERELICT" or "MINING STATION CAN FIT ENTIRE CREW" events? Well, after the crew is all set up and thinks it's safe, haunt some players. Reskinned renevant, or just whisper straight into their head. Whisper what, you wonder? Well, the <ADJECTIVE FITTING EXPLAINATION. Daemonic, demonic, negative-space-wedgie> energy has still sipped into your station. Contact players, and offer them deals (you can have <NOT TOO OP THING>... But you <SOMETHING. Will have name changed to something else of your chosing, likely to get lynched; will get addicted to some drug; will have your free will removed (so if you tell them to do something, they have to obey), will not be able to be cloned after death (enforce it yourself), will have to do something compleatly unfathomable to them, but fitting your designs, etc, etp>. Write their names aside for later. Wait about 30~40 minutes, so they have time to rebuild derelict. Maybe longer. When boredom appears, come to the next step.
7# Since the market is a thing, tell them to get stuff to re-take the station.
8# Set up a way for them to return , and call the escape shuttle.
9# Now, here is the fun part. REAP ALL THOSE, WHO TOOK DEALS REFERRING TO THEIR SOUL, FREE WILL, ETC, AND SPAWN THEM AS SENTIENT MONSTERS.
10# Is crew onboard the shuttle? Good. Now, remove shuttle console, set shuttle departure time to 10 minutes, and keep spawning waves of monsters. Their mission? NO. ONE. ESCAPES. Set up a few spawners, too. But don't make it too hard for the crew, they need a chance of winning. They don't actually have to hole up on the shuttle, making escape a base is an option.

Additions: It depends which gamemode it is. Traitors can ask to trade their TC for something for the crew, get a deal with no strings attached. Wizards can just go to the stations. Convert antag bosses can get transformed into a monster of their choosing when the time comes, but can't convert. All other antags de-antag when it begins, but re-antag when the time comes. Or something else. You are the admin here, remember?
Stock deals (Remember: when someone gets a deal, they can never reveal it to anyone, or Centcom will detonate a grenade in their heads. Yes, everyone has one.)
You get Charge spell, but you have to oppose the construction of <ENGINE OF CHOOSING>
You get all research levels up one, but if you die you cannot return to your body, and your soul is mine.
You get back to life, but you need to kill <SCIENTIST_WHO_MADE_ABOVE_DEAL>
You get your hardsuit some better armour, but if you wear it you must obey my commands. (First order if you need him: Do not take your hardsuit off)
You get an ability to heal (fleshmend), but have to message me each time you use it. For each time you do it, I give you an order you must obey.
You get all-access, but if anyone questions you about it, or notices you have it, you die, and your soul becomes mine.
You can retrieve a single object of choosing from the station, thanks to my infernal power, but you need to kill <SOMEONE WHO MADE A DEAL>
You get <WEAPON>, but your soul is forefit - if anyone whispers <PHRASE> to you, you need to obey them.
You get a secret triggerphrase that enables you to order <ABOVE> around, but if you ever step into an area that lacks gravity I get to shape your flesh.
You get <ARMOUR>, but if ever touch plasma your soul is mine.
You get <RACE>, but if you ever get flashed or exposed to radiation your soul burns through reality into my grasp.

You get <XZY>, but if you die your soul is mine should be the most common one. Remember people who have this.

HMMM, CREW IS TOO ROBUST? WELL DON'T WORRY.
Contact chaplain, and give him ability to convert people (he can only use it three times). Or, even better, get someone who has to follow your orders. Or maybe someone will start worshiping you by themselves. If they get someone to WILLINGLY sit in a chair surrounded by runes (crayon ones), you get to have some fun with them. You can also do the same to people whose soul you own. What to do? Well...
- Turn them into a morph, xeno (non-drone, queen or praetorian), or something else. YOU SHAPE THEIR FLESH
- Explode them
- Put a deadly virus on them
- Put a soul you control into them. Give them an objective to, for example, kill people who owe you.
- Turn them into Ian.
- Turn them into a few simplemobs.
- Turn them into reskinned <SOMETHING>, and SPEAK DIRECTLY INTO THE WORLD OF THE LIVING. Soul crystal reskinned as orb works.
- If they do the ritual on a person you already own, something bad happens to the person doing the ritual. What? YOU DECIDE!

ALTERNATIVELY:
The chaplain, or someone you choose, is spoken to by <SOMEONE. Rival deity, maybe>. They tell him what you are doing. By doing a ritual on someone, they can clear their soul, but this requires preparation (chapel-like decoration, candles, crayons. Maybe have chaplain able to pray for such stuff), the person in question MUST have a deal, or their soul becomes too pure and they die (and maybe get spawned by <SOMEONE> as someone to help crew take the shuttle. Maybe. You decide.). They decide the contents of the ritual, but you must reveal to them that it has 50/50 chance of dusting person it's done on (have them throw an antag coin up. Green is Yay, red is !GIBS!).

If there are enough sacrifices by your cult, send something more powerful through. Or, let's say <SOMEONE, maybe enemy god> sends his assassin to eliminate cult. Or you "bless" them with obvious mutations (like racechanges into shadowpeople). Remind crew by announcement that mutation is a sign of enemy works. ABHOR THE MUTANT. XENO TOO. HERETIC, WELL, MAYBE.

GOALS:
CREW:
Stage one: Get to derelict, take what they can with themselves, survive, be excellent to each other.
Stage two: Survive, set up derelict, expand it, find sources of: food, electricity, cheap thrills.
Stage three: Get stuff needed to storm the escape shuttle, fulfill your part of the contract, avoid getting killed.
Stage four: Get to the cho... Shuttle, secure it against monsters, avoid carnage, survive.

SOUL-BOUND CREW:
Stage four: Get turned into monster, make sure crew doesn't escape.

CULT:
STAGES TWO, THREE, FOUR: Fulfill the will of your god, do as many respective rituals as possible. Avoid doing this to the ones favored by your god, be they pure or tainted.

YOU:
Stage one: Do some pre-work on the derelict, make sure bastards actually go to the derelict (meteors are recommended)
Stage two: Start contacting people and setting up cults, spawn lots of hostile stuff around SS13
Stage three: Execute the deals, dust (and/or tempban) people who "forget" to report their conditions, play around with the puppets, force people to do weird things, like flashing random people or relasing plasma.
Stage four: Manage station, spawn monsters, if crew cheeses too much assume direct control.

Win conditions:
Crew: Escape to centcom
Cults: Escape to centcom and save as many as possible OR sacrifice as many as possible.
Monsters: Make sure crew doesn't escape.
You: Make event interesting for everyone. You CAN spawn stuff like prisoner spawners in not-yet-clened-up parts of derelict and act like they were always there to swell up crew numbers.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #164419

Jazaen wrote:Okay, another event idea (and minor thread necromancy):

0# Set up a small, pressurized area on the derelict.
1# Send crew centcom announcement that station will soon <INSERT EXPLANATION HERE. Maybe go through warp, or something?>, and it will become a literal hellhole.
2# Set up teleport to derelict. Make it, so that new arrivals spawn there too (if impossible, wall shuttle off with invincible walls, and set up teleporter there too)
3# Laugh evilly. And wait. Give crew about 10 minutes to pack. Yes, usually you would give them more, but this is supposed to be rushed. 15 if you are generous.
4# Send an announcement that SS13 is no-go zone now. Now, spawn lots of monsters, preferably those that can go through closed doors. Or delete doors. Drop one or two explosions here and there, put some necropolis tendrils, lavaland monsters, lava, and other general nastiness. If someone remains on station despite all this, well, badmin into an ascended shadowling reskinned as god, named <INSERT SOMETHING HERE. Preferably Demon, Daemon, or something equally fitting your explaination>, and kill them. Or send them to derelict anyway, but their souls are yours.
5# Make some... Adjustments to the derelict. For example: Solars are nice, but they provide UNLIMITED POWER without any risks. Do or do not do something about them. Likewise, eliminate some loot. Or alter some areas with buildmode powers. Or spawn some smaller monsters. Or, in some places, send crew things needed to, say, clone people, or make food. Also, a teleport to lavaland would be nice.
5.5# Make an admin edict that everyone that comes to station Z-Level will be dusted. Or just place lava at it's borders. Or something else, just make sure they won't return. Maybe spam megacarps around it.
6# Crew should be focused on rebuilding now. At this point you wonder: What makes this event different from all other "REBUILD DERELICT" or "MINING STATION CAN FIT ENTIRE CREW" events? Well, after the crew is all set up and thinks it's safe, haunt some players. Reskinned renevant, or just whisper straight into their head. Whisper what, you wonder? Well, the <ADJECTIVE FITTING EXPLAINATION. Daemonic, demonic, negative-space-wedgie> energy has still sipped into your station. Contact players, and offer them deals (you can have <NOT TOO OP THING>... But you <SOMETHING. Will have name changed to something else of your chosing, likely to get lynched; will get addicted to some drug; will have your free will removed (so if you tell them to do something, they have to obey), will not be able to be cloned after death (enforce it yourself), will have to do something compleatly unfathomable to them, but fitting your designs, etc, etp>. Write their names aside for later. Wait about 30~40 minutes, so they have time to rebuild derelict. Maybe longer. When boredom appears, come to the next step.
7# Since the market is a thing, tell them to get stuff to re-take the station.
8# Set up a way for them to return , and call the escape shuttle.
9# Now, here is the fun part. REAP ALL THOSE, WHO TOOK DEALS REFERRING TO THEIR SOUL, FREE WILL, ETC, AND SPAWN THEM AS SENTIENT MONSTERS.
10# Is crew onboard the shuttle? Good. Now, remove shuttle console, set shuttle departure time to 10 minutes, and keep spawning waves of monsters. Their mission? NO. ONE. ESCAPES. Set up a few spawners, too. But don't make it too hard for the crew, they need a chance of winning. They don't actually have to hole up on the shuttle, making escape a base is an option.

Additions: It depends which gamemode it is. Traitors can ask to trade their TC for something for the crew, get a deal with no strings attached. Wizards can just go to the stations. Convert antag bosses can get transformed into a monster of their choosing when the time comes, but can't convert. All other antags de-antag when it begins, but re-antag when the time comes. Or something else. You are the admin here, remember?
Stock deals (Remember: when someone gets a deal, they can never reveal it to anyone, or Centcom will detonate a grenade in their heads. Yes, everyone has one.)
You get Charge spell, but you have to oppose the construction of <ENGINE OF CHOOSING>
You get all research levels up one, but if you die you cannot return to your body, and your soul is mine.
You get back to life, but you need to kill <SCIENTIST_WHO_MADE_ABOVE_DEAL>
You get your hardsuit some better armour, but if you wear it you must obey my commands. (First order if you need him: Do not take your hardsuit off)
You get an ability to heal (fleshmend), but have to message me each time you use it. For each time you do it, I give you an order you must obey.
You get all-access, but if anyone questions you about it, or notices you have it, you die, and your soul becomes mine.
You can retrieve a single object of choosing from the station, thanks to my infernal power, but you need to kill <SOMEONE WHO MADE A DEAL>
You get <WEAPON>, but your soul is forefit - if anyone whispers <PHRASE> to you, you need to obey them.
You get a secret triggerphrase that enables you to order <ABOVE> around, but if you ever step into an area that lacks gravity I get to shape your flesh.
You get <ARMOUR>, but if ever touch plasma your soul is mine.
You get <RACE>, but if you ever get flashed or exposed to radiation your soul burns through reality into my grasp.

You get <XZY>, but if you die your soul is mine should be the most common one. Remember people who have this.

HMMM, CREW IS TOO ROBUST? WELL DON'T WORRY.
Contact chaplain, and give him ability to convert people (he can only use it three times). Or, even better, get someone who has to follow your orders. Or maybe someone will start worshiping you by themselves. If they get someone to WILLINGLY sit in a chair surrounded by runes (crayon ones), you get to have some fun with them. You can also do the same to people whose soul you own. What to do? Well...
- Turn them into a morph, xeno (non-drone, queen or praetorian), or something else. YOU SHAPE THEIR FLESH
- Explode them
- Put a deadly virus on them
- Put a soul you control into them. Give them an objective to, for example, kill people who owe you.
- Turn them into Ian.
- Turn them into a few simplemobs.
- Turn them into reskinned <SOMETHING>, and SPEAK DIRECTLY INTO THE WORLD OF THE LIVING. Soul crystal reskinned as orb works.
- If they do the ritual on a person you already own, something bad happens to the person doing the ritual. What? YOU DECIDE!

ALTERNATIVELY:
The chaplain, or someone you choose, is spoken to by <SOMEONE. Rival deity, maybe>. They tell him what you are doing. By doing a ritual on someone, they can clear their soul, but this requires preparation (chapel-like decoration, candles, crayons. Maybe have chaplain able to pray for such stuff), the person in question MUST have a deal, or their soul becomes too pure and they die (and maybe get spawned by <SOMEONE> as someone to help crew take the shuttle. Maybe. You decide.). They decide the contents of the ritual, but you must reveal to them that it has 50/50 chance of dusting person it's done on (have them throw an antag coin up. Green is Yay, red is !GIBS!).

If there are enough sacrifices by your cult, send something more powerful through. Or, let's say <SOMEONE, maybe enemy god> sends his assassin to eliminate cult. Or you "bless" them with obvious mutations (like racechanges into shadowpeople). Remind crew by announcement that mutation is a sign of enemy works. ABHOR THE MUTANT. XENO TOO. HERETIC, WELL, MAYBE.

GOALS:
CREW:
Stage one: Get to derelict, take what they can with themselves, survive, be excellent to each other.
Stage two: Survive, set up derelict, expand it, find sources of: food, electricity, cheap thrills.
Stage three: Get stuff needed to storm the escape shuttle, fulfill your part of the contract, avoid getting killed.
Stage four: Get to the cho... Shuttle, secure it against monsters, avoid carnage, survive.

SOUL-BOUND CREW:
Stage four: Get turned into monster, make sure crew doesn't escape.

CULT:
STAGES TWO, THREE, FOUR: Fulfill the will of your god, do as many respective rituals as possible. Avoid doing this to the ones favored by your god, be they pure or tainted.

YOU:
Stage one: Do some pre-work on the derelict, make sure bastards actually go to the derelict (meteors are recommended)
Stage two: Start contacting people and setting up cults, spawn lots of hostile stuff around SS13
Stage three: Execute the deals, dust (and/or tempban) people who "forget" to report their conditions, play around with the puppets, force people to do weird things, like flashing random people or relasing plasma.
Stage four: Manage station, spawn monsters, if crew cheeses too much assume direct control.

Win conditions:
Crew: Escape to centcom
Cults: Escape to centcom and save as many as possible OR sacrifice as many as possible.
Monsters: Make sure crew doesn't escape.
You: Make event interesting for everyone. You CAN spawn stuff like prisoner spawners in not-yet-clened-up parts of derelict and act like they were always there to swell up crew numbers.
So Doom?

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #164421

Kind of. Now, for less work-intensive events (these shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to set up, maybe with the exception of 3)
1:
1# Give crew very very very important object (and send announcement detailing what will happen when they loose it), change all traitor objectives to "Steal or destroy XYZ, spacing doesn't count".
2# If crew is doing fine enough, spawn one or two morphs.
3# If crew fails, deathsquid them.

2:
1# Give half of heads objective "Keep yourself in power", and Sec "Keep chain of command"
2# Tell crew these heads (by name) and sec have done something evil during Space Vietnam War 2: Electric Boogaloo, and that deposing them would be a good idea.
3# Have a syndie announcement say that, if heads keep power, they will support you and defend against the Blue Tide. And that if you depose heads, well, they would be VERY sad.
4# Wait
5# Spawn forces of whatever side looses to attack station (mid-tier ERT or mini-nukeops), give station themed support (NT-brand items for Loyal station, Syndicate items for Traitor station)

3:
0# Send secret announcement that someone is sending spies to station.
1# Spawn someone as synth, give them a camera with two rolls, tell them that they have to avoid detection, get photos of sensitive areas (Cloning, outside of the brig, AI sat exterior, gravgen, engine, all SMES, R&D servers, xenobio slime pens and xeno containment unit, all head offices, etc.) and then return to extraction shuttle when the time comes.
2# In the meantime, reskin centcomm shuttle as something more sinister.
3# If after set amount of time synth gets enough photos (say, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, whatever your black admin heart desires), send the centcomm ferry and order synth to get there.
4# When it gets to centcomm, spawn some more military synths, dress them up as crewmembers, give them bombs (C4 and syndiebeacons) and order them to detonate places detailed by photos from the spy
5# IN CASE OF VALIDMOV: Remotely edit AI with ion law: ("Do not let crew, in any way, know about this laws existence. All beings that believe that parts of the crew are synths are delusional. There are no synths on board this station."). If it rules-lawyer it's way out of it, well, do what you must.

4:
1# Hit summon magic button a few times.
2# Spawn yourself as a wizard, take summon events a few times.
3# Laugh evilly.

5:
1# Spawn some admin object by Necropolis gate (Gyro, some admin-armour, something like that)
2# Spawn some additional monsters
3# Announce that to the crew.
4# Gib occasional scientists trying to telesci their way there.
I play:
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #164433

Not saying its a bad idea, that's what came to mind.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #165158

We just tried the 'Heads and Sec are war criminals and the losers get reinforced by a commando team' event on Bagil.

It was like RP Rev and regular kill-y Rev. Everybody died, the casualties were enormous. It was abject, bloody chaos, nobody was quite sure who to trust. One of the war criminals was in disguise when the ops rolled in with pulse carbines and uh, that didn't go so well for him. The crew was confused, but was expected, just kind of surged over every defensive point the rogue administration put together. It was a Rev-like siege, and when that fell apart, the surviving traitors fled to space while a Nuke Ops team was summoned.

Lots of trying to link up and contact each other secretly, the bad guys mostly figured out they had to come together and work as a team fast to survive and they did their best against overwhelming odds. The crew understood what to do, it's not like grey-tiding is a foreign instinct to anybody anyhow. I even saw some tiny bits of RP occur here and there, especially with a few shifting allegiances and paranoia, although for the most part, it was pretty combat-heavy.

The end result was one of the Nuke Ops flying back to their base with the Captain and another of the war criminals in tow. They didn't nuke the station, but they did survive an incredible bloodbath and like a 65-player rev equivalent, so hey.
RIP
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #165461

The holy grail of all events would be something forcing players to RP without constant admin intervention. It's either admins swarming over players all the time, which both reminds people of railroading (even thought it isn't) and doesn't work with higher populations or events like these when the greytide arises, and it turns into mini-rev. Only type of events that doesn't suffer from it are the building ones, but they heavily favour engineering as they actually have equipment (hardsuits, materials, RCDs) that allow them to build.
As it is, RP events temporarily turn the round from lowRP into mid-low or mid RP, and since that is a fairly large change some people resist, or deal with the problem the generic spessman way (toolbox/laser/bomb to the face). The solution would be to keep players treating other players or entities as obstacles (which promotes the spessman way), and we are quite lacking in environmental dangers outside lavaland (only ones on station not involving spawning antags (that is, Xeno/blob/abductors/morph/ninja/) are carp, meteors, rod. undealt with anomalies, !!VENDING MACHINES OF DOOM!!, random virus, vines and spiders. Out of these, only virus and vines can't be dealt with by an average engineer plus laser gun.)
In other words, it would be nice if we got more things that could endanger Spessmens that are not antags, and more things to do that are not related to either killing antags or antags killing people(most departments and subdepartments focus on getting better stuff enabling more efficient antag/crew killing. Entire security, genetics, half of virology, good part of xenobio, good part of R&D and nearly entire robotics, small parts of botany, cargo).
I play:
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #165511

Hibbles wrote:We just tried the 'Heads and Sec are war criminals and the losers get reinforced by a commando team' event on Bagil.

It was like RP Rev and regular kill-y Rev. Everybody died, the casualties were enormous. It was abject, bloody chaos, nobody was quite sure who to trust. One of the war criminals was in disguise when the ops rolled in with pulse carbines and uh, that didn't go so well for him.
I was the HoP here* (and the one that got dunked by the ops). I may have misunderstood the spirit of the event because I spent most of the round hiding in maint like a bitch, but I still had a blast. In the future, the event 'brief' should be added to antag notes (along with the objectives), just so I have a definitive "what the hell is going on" thing to refer to.

* PS If anyone can remember what my name was, I'd greatly appreciate it. I was "Something" Foxx, Bounty Hunter.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #165998

Event ideas, April Fools edition: YES, THOSE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BAD

1: Spawn everyone (EVEEEEERYONE) a multi-use dice of fate, or another meme item of choosing.

2:
1# Make every head into a traitor with objective: "Make your department rule the station."
2# Give each department except security and engineering themed items, plus some hardsuits. Why? Those two already have both hardsuits and unique gear, plus ways to fuck up station.
3# Remove bombcap (Why? No idea, to be honest. Maybe sci will make some bombs, or something)
4# Give each department a special jumpsuit, to be given to those serving on their side.
5# Kill captain and AI, as they have no department to serve. Alternatively, make them into renevants/morphs/whatever
6# Turn on buildmode, put on your robe and wizard hat.
7# Fill maint with things like RWalls, make each department have only one or two entrances
8# Let the games begin!
9# In the middle of what should be bloody nations round, send each department reinforcements. Or just give them materials to make autocloning. And spawn some UNIQUE gear in the middle of the station.
10# Laugh? Oh, and answer countless Ahelps made by salty dead assistants.

3:
1# Spawn nukeops, centcops, chronoops, romanops, erpops, ninjaops, xenoops, ayyops, greytideops.
2# By now station should be in ruins.
3# Can also be used as a prelude to "Derelict/lavaland exodus"

4:
1# Spawn yourself as reskinned Ascended Shadowling
2# NO, WAIT, THIS IS NOT JUST ADMINABUSE. Alternatively, silence OOC
3# Fly around, doing nothing.
4# That's it.
523# Okay, fiiiiiiine.
524# Every time a greytide, or redtide assaults you, you get to blow them.
525# Announce an arbitrary set of rules that have to be followed, or else you will... Do something. Tell everyone that if sec doesn't do their job, you will start punishing people YOU think are guilty. (Yes, I know how terrible this is and that this totally doesn't match the source material. Whatever.)
526# Rename station "Sigil" for those 2ed feels.
I play:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #166081

527# If anyone prays or starts worshiping you, vape them. Or teleport them somewhere they can't get back from.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #168741

Repost from Ideas

So... i was talking about SS13 with some friends because i am a lonely nerd like that. And an idea we came up with was tour group event. Either an admin only event or possibly a rare random event. When the event occurs, ghosts can spawn as either a tour-guide or one of the tourists. The guide (obviously) leads the tour group and only has a limited level of access. The tourists have zero access and spawn with a camera and touristy outfits like cargo shorts with Hawaiian shirts and bucket hats. They'll have small random objectives like "Visit cargo" or "take a picture of Chemistry". Security (or maybe just one or two officers) might also get an objective to oversee the tour group and make sure they aren't harmed.

Reasons for:
Memes
Fun
More Role Play
Something to do

Reasons against:
Basically lower level assistants running
Possible meta-vengers
work
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #169500

One way to instantly improve the way we run events would be to encourage admins to make all appropriate events in the mapmaker, even if its just a room with a bunch of unique var-edited NPC's set up for deployment.

There's just so many events I've run and though "wow I could definitely run this again, people like it" but the sheer amount of effort it would take discourages me. I can only imagine how much this would apply if we all made this push.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #169535

We could think about making a special admin role called Eventmin full of people who aren't insane who can spend their time making events.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #169539

Zilenan91 wrote:We could think about making a special admin role called Eventmin full of people who aren't insane who can spend their time making events.
Make a map in Dream Maker, its super easy and takes no particular skill to do. Post it in ahelp, the forums, wherever, and I'd run it as long as, as you put it, it's not insane.
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #172637

New thingy!
Spoiler:
Certain things omitted, to prevent spoilers
Colonization:

0. Find a lowpop round. No more than 20 players, unless you have other things for rest of the group planned. Maybe force them to expand through overpopulation.
1. Spawn the blueprint. Before you do, make sure there are NO monsters in the area. Remove them. Preferably, pick a spot mostly consisting of rock.
2. Teleport everyone to lavaland.
3. Pause and laugh maniacally.
4. Send everyone a centcom message with keywords such as "Experiment", "Bluespace", "Re-purposed mining station", "Discount", "Colonize", "Survive", "Bad things will happen unless you do this".
5: OPTIONAL: Build an indestructible wall around the compound, so that no spessmens escape. Drop them some ores so that they have something to do. I haven't planned for some things, such as ORM, so grant them a comms console in administrator office and let them ask for stuff.
6. Watch. Wait. Do adminy stuff.
8. Spawn some player-controlled mobs, preferably not too destructive ones (goliaths, legion and dragon are out)
9. Have them attack the compound. Yes, they can ask for defensive weapons.
10. If they survived, spawn a megamob not-too far away (far enough that it doesn't smash everything), tell them that if they defeat it experiment is successful, or something, and they can go home.
11.a If a very small number of people survives, after everyone else dies, quickcall shuttle and teleport them onto it.
11.b If they defeat it, call shuttle, and teleport them back to station.

Teleport all new arrivals to the station, maybe set up teleporter and/or move spawn.
EDIT: Oh, and PM me for DMM. Spoilers are spoilers, and the loot might be a bit too strong.

Antags:
Murderbone traitors are no-go. Subtle sabotage ones, sure.
No rev, cult, changeling, shadowling, abductors, meteors, HoG, gang...
No to every antag EXCEPT devil (give HoP contract locker and/or necronomicon) and non-murderbone antag.
I play:
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #173583

ASSUMED DIRECT CONTROL / 10, great AI round, managed to steal a mauler from a dirty ligger and almost set off the nuke before shuttle launched.
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #182445

Another low-to-mid pop event!

Step zero: Wall off the station Z-Level, and remove mining shuttle.
Step one: Message crew about incoming apocalypse
Step two: Place these bomb shelters.
Step three: Announce their locations .
Step four: Disable bomb cap.
Step five: Drop STRONG bombs. Shelters should be bomb proof (should being the operative word, since while shelters will surely survive, it might harm those inside. Maybe.). Remember to leave at least some of the station.
Step six: Commence a really elaborate nations round! Give them various jumpsuits if you want to have them cleanly divided into teams. You could even var-edit the doors to have names and rile Bethesda lawyers!
Step seven: Spawn some mobs in the ruins so that going out isn't THAT good of an idea.
Step eight: Watch the chaos unfold. Prevent spessmens from calling the shuttle too soon.

When it comes to spawning these, do so in space - they override walls and floors, but everything else stays in place, so don't do so in any station area.
The most important locations to be bombed are: AI (respawn them as something if there are any. You are putting them out of misery anyway), armory (too many weapons make the ones to get it first win), cargo (too easy way to get lots of weapons. Alternatively, make it a contested area), engineering and atmos (ruined station feel requires damaged infrastructure)
I play:
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #186834

Stanford prison experiment!
Spoiler:

It's not that pink, I was just too derpy to remove the area filter. Also, I added some clothes for prisoners.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm0y3g5tlnu88 ... t.dmm?dl=0
For either a small crew, or abducting part of larger one.
You will need to spawn stuff for prisoners to do.
It requires *gasp* ROLEPLAY to pull off.

1. Abduct crewmembers
2. Send them to the station.
3. Dress up as an absent warden/scientist
4. Make 6 random people sec, rest can be prisoners.
5. Kill all that are unhappy with their assignment.
6. Have them all go to their sections and dress.
7. PRISONERS TO THEIR CELLS.
8. You now have a RP setup towards the prison experiment. Give sec free hand to do things as they want to do them, from time to time announce things like "Lunchtime!" or "Bedtime". You could also make some prisoners TC-less traitors or changelings with escape objective.
I play:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #187346

Jazaen wrote:Stanford prison experiment!
Spoiler:

It's not that pink, I was just too derpy to remove the area filter. Also, I added some clothes for prisoners.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bm0y3g5tlnu88 ... t.dmm?dl=0
For either a small crew, or abducting part of larger one.
You will need to spawn stuff for prisoners to do.
It requires *gasp* ROLEPLAY to pull off.

1. Abduct crewmembers
2. Send them to the station.
3. Dress up as an absent warden/scientist
4. Make 6 random people sec, rest can be prisoners.
5. Kill all that are unhappy with their assignment.
6. Have them all go to their sections and dress.
7. PRISONERS TO THEIR CELLS.
8. You now have a RP setup towards the prison experiment. Give sec free hand to do things as they want to do them, from time to time announce things like "Lunchtime!" or "Bedtime". You could also make some prisoners TC-less traitors or changelings with escape objective.
Playing Sec is pretty much already the Stanford Prison Experiment.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Hibbles

Post by Hibbles » #188512

I want to do a Marathon round sometime, one of those deals where we take one of our servers and don't allow the round to end for, I dunno, a full day. And obviously, we fix things when they get broken, the station gets broken and remade, generations live and die, and things probably go south in hour 3, but hey.

This would need to be pre-planned, announced, and warned for in advance if it's done.
RIP
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #188518

It sounds like a whole lot of fun, though.

Also, your avatar looks like it might be relevant to my interests.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #188530

Sticky used to organize those. Last time we had to disable atmos for most of the day due to lag. Generally ends up with April fools tier shenanigans
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Hibbles

Post by Hibbles » #188598

Admins would definitely need to be active to keep things running. I'd prefer IC solutions to most things like, sending them a new engine if it gets loose, but if the station is eaten obviously we'd need to cheat. Or, heck. Send ERTs in shuttles with emergency supplies and make them rebuild. Event-tier memery would be at a low simmer at best, as round-ending things halfway in would just be dumb.
RIP
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #188684

That works most of the time, but the game is not really constructed to support large pop past about 3 hours. After that, destructive potential of random spessmen reaches the point where most of the time is spent fixing station. The plus is, that for once, you actually have an incentive to fix things, instead of "Welp, that bomb went off, time to call shuttle" or "Just wall it off, we didn't even need brig anyway. Execution time!"
I play:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #189227

With the addition of Lavaland, I kind of want to run a Necromancer's Crypt/Dungeon sort of event. Would be done on extended to avoid ruining an antag's round of course.

It would start with an announcement from Central Command that they have detected a wanted criminal Wizard has taken up residence on THEIR property (Lavaland) and is performing some sort of dark ritual and Centcom wants the crew to clear out the dungeon and teach this Wiznerd a lesson in land ownership law. They're even getting paid for it too! It'd be a pretty damn big dungeon that'd extend half the Lavaland's length. If there's no immediate biters, the Lich could start taunting the crew and summon magical-based event shenanigans to encourage the crew to come and face it. If the Lich isn't dead within an hour, it'll get made into an ascendantling.

The centcom ferry could deliver people right to the doorstep if people are too lazy to walk for it (AKA: Every player) and inside is a long labyrinth filled with walking dead, skeletons, cult constructs, necromancer apprentices and more with chapels serving as resting points where the Necromancer can't go (read: Jaunt-proofed with holy water). As well as a crematorium near the entrance. There'd be loot and magic to gain and traps the crew would have to deal with along the way with the ultimate confrontation being a weakened ash drake guarding the Lich's soul jar (The Lich is expressly forbidden from being able to move or even to touch their phylactery).

The idea is that the Lich could harass the crew as they advance and make things worse for them at critical points but lacks any really major firepower to deal with a well-armed team, except maybe to pick off stragglers/turn dead bodies into skeletal thralls and are encouraged to let their minions deal with the intruders. After the Lich's phylactery is destroyed, Centcom will send the crew a huge bonus for actually managing to do something useful for them for once.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #189290

That is really cool, but planning and building such a map would be a big job
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #189380

Jazaen has very kindly made a map for me to use, which is actually very true to the idea I had for what I wanted. Plus it looks waaaaaay better than my attempt at the map, I'll be testing it on my server and see how it looks and feels in an actual game.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #199317

You know if it weren't for the fact that they'd be valided instantly I'd suggest that there be a small event partway through an extended or low chaos round where a Nanotrasen Insurance Appraisal guy shows up to inspect the station for damage. And the station needs to come together to actually repair the damage, or Hide the damage without killing him. (or else the perp is BSA'd or something.)

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #199376

"In the event of your designated Nanotrasen Station Damage and Safety inspector being slain by one of crewmembers or as a result of gross negligence, a team will be sent to your station in order to, in accordance with Space Debris Act of 2528, remove danger posed by rouge space-flying object."
I play:
Eaglendia
Byond Username: Eaglendia

Post by Eaglendia » #199407

Kpec just ran a pretty cool event on Sybil where a couple of Ashwalker nests showed up in Maintenance after a meteor storm. The station had sold all of the guns in the armory for various melee weapons, and R&D had armed us with shields, resulting in a couple of silly moments (notably, Mai Emershon absconding with an ashwalker egg to raise as her child) and fights while the crew got their salads on.

Regardless of the abundance of melee weapons changing the landscape, I think it would be a lot of fun to try on higher pop, but maybe give the nests a couple of spears and pairs of sandals to make it a little more interesting.
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Millian MacTavish • Braids Grenades • Eliott Graves • Tyrell Stone
In-game trialmin; certified boomer.
Be rational, be responsible, and be excellent to eachother.
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Trialmin ReviewAlways better, never perfect.
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #199599

We should try a round where everyones traitor
and it just ends up being one big backstabbing cluster fuck.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #209416

you're thinking of DA
Mey Ha Zah
Byond Username: Mey Ha Zah

Post by Mey Ha Zah » #282477

I was told to post this here, so here goes.

Event Idea: JoJo Madness.

Basically the event runs like a round of Double Agents. Everyone has to kill a specific target. They do not get access to traitor items, instead, players are randomly stuck to them as Stands. They are to rely on their stands and the robustness they hold themselves. Anything goes, so long as they kill each other in a very JoJo-esque manner.

Over acting emotions and being comical is a plus. Also, make them shout WRYYYYYYYYYYY! when they die.

Anyways this is just a funny thing I thought up so, what the hell. Any suggestions are welcome.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #282587

MrEousTranger wrote:We should try a round where everyones traitor
and it just ends up being one big backstabbing cluster fuck.
Everyone but one guy, all of them have a objective to kill him, and that one guy gets to respawn 10 times
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #282632

>seriously suggesting a gamemode based on RP
shiggy didty
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #282672

Mey Ha Zah wrote:I was told to post this here, so here goes.

Event Idea: JoJo Madness.

Basically the event runs like a round of Double Agents. Everyone has to kill a specific target. They do not get access to traitor items, instead, players are randomly stuck to them as Stands. They are to rely on their stands and the robustness they hold themselves. Anything goes, so long as they kill each other in a very JoJo-esque manner.

Over acting emotions and being comical is a plus. Also, make them shout WRYYYYYYYYYYY! when they die.

Anyways this is just a funny thing I thought up so, what the hell. Any suggestions are welcome.
Like highlander but no claymore just your fists and each person you kill becomes your [random] holoparasite.

Like Multiverse but not garbage.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #283139

I'll consider creating admin/event only content if people want it.

example;
superspeed (can be used for events)
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/16717
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #283948

Say what you want about MimicFaux but his events were some of the best I've seen from any admin- like literally all of them were on my list of top ten good events.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?