Gloom general stuff. (tg's gooncode server) (Gloom is RIP)

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions

Would you like gooncode to be temporarily ran on basil?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:08 pm

Yes
70%
No
24%
Abstain
6%

Total votes: 63

Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Gloom general stuff. (tg's gooncode server) (Gloom is RIP)

Post by Shadowlight213 » #159841

Due to a lack of players, Gloom is now shutdown. RIP{/b}

Update: Gooncode is now on it's own server, Gloom!

Goofball and hg had the idea and seem to support it and I've coded in basic support for tg database integration (the code will detect and block people who are server banned. Editing/adding/removing bans isn't supported, nor are jobbans(they might be added later if it isnt too annoying to code). I didn't want to rework the entire goon ban system just for a temporary test run.)
Mso seemed ok with the idea.

Anyways I'm hoping to get some opinions from the playerbase as to what they think about it.

As a note, the whitelisting of the hos job will be disabled.
Some goon specific features that require their api server such as medals and their ARG are also disabled.

Mentors list so far:
iamgoofball
FreakyM
Torsion
Francinum
isratosh
Last edited by Shadowlight213 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:11 am, edited 7 times in total.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Running gooncode on basil for a while.

Post by Wyzack » #159842

I would be happy with it as long as it is very clearly just a test and not permanent in any sense. I love trying new things, but us having different code from Sybil is always annoying as fuck. Not to mention i will be of very little help in answering people's questions
Last edited by Wyzack on Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #159844

Yes yes
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #159846

It definitely will just be a test run.
Neither mso nor I have any plans to make this permanent. We can add a notice to the motd.
Goon does have a mentor system, so if any experienced goon players want to volunteer I can add them to the mentors txt.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #159847

Well then fuck it, lets do it. I would edit the MOTD now or soon so that people know it is coming before it arrives
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #159848

Throw me and FreakyM on the mentor list.

The solarium is actually functional and can be completed and activated without hassle.

The lincolnshire stuff you found seems to be part of the red herring solarium good ending stuff.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #159880

Minus one. If people on the hub want to play gooncode, then, maybe, just maybe.

They can go to goonstation?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #159917

I agree with Dordisdarf

I donate to these servers so people can enjoy tg code, basil exists so we don't have 100+ players lagging sybil up and should stay the same codebase.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #159923

It's nice to experiment every now and again. Playing on different codebases and seeing new things can really help us improve our own server if we get some contrast.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #159931

oranges, dorsisdwarf, we'll get a good culture shock out of the players, and see what they think of the gameplay at goon.

I've also wanted to see how goon functions vs powergamers and roleplayers clashing, so we'll get some good data and results on that too.

Plus, this allows players to figure out what features and sprites that they like from goon, and suggest changes that can be made in ports they request.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #159933

anyone know how goon's admin system works? i haven't played around with it
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #159935

paprika wrote:anyone know how goon's admin system works? i haven't played around with it
they have like 10 times the buttons we have

I'm gonna get into #adminbus later today and start working out with them who they want to have powers, because goon ranks are a lot less defined and shit like trialmin isn't trialmin, it's Ayn Rand's Arm Pit and Goat Fart. We also need to set up Mentors so we can assist with helping players cope.
icecreamcohn
Byond Username: IceCreamCohn

Post by icecreamcohn » #159947

I have always wanted to play with goons Chem department.. but my issue is from what I read shit is A LOT more deadly and easier to fuck up the station... We sure we want that with hubbers?
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #159972

icecreamcohn wrote:I have always wanted to play with goons Chem department.. but my issue is from what I read shit is A LOT more deadly and easier to fuck up the station... We sure we want that with hubbers?
You realize goon is hub, right?
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #159986

iamgoofball wrote:
paprika wrote:anyone know how goon's admin system works? i haven't played around with it
they have like 10 times the buttons we have

I'm gonna get into #adminbus later today and start working out with them who they want to have powers, because goon ranks are a lot less defined and shit like trialmin isn't trialmin, it's Ayn Rand's Arm Pit and Goat Fart. We also need to set up Mentors so we can assist with helping players cope.
I was just gonna give everyone on the tg admins txt coder or host rank. Goon doesn't really have a permissions flag system. It's all in ascending order and stuff. (coder being right below host)
As for mentors, yeah. volunteer here and shit. I'll add you to the txt.
Wyzack wrote:Well then fuck it, lets do it. I would edit the MOTD now or soon so that people know it is coming before it arrives
I'll bug someone with remote to do that.
icecreamcohn
Byond Username: IceCreamCohn

Post by icecreamcohn » #159987

iamgoofball wrote:
icecreamcohn wrote:I have always wanted to play with goons Chem department.. but my issue is from what I read shit is A LOT more deadly and easier to fuck up the station... We sure we want that with hubbers?
You realize goon is hub, right?

Yep... I just like my fam here bro...
FreakyM
Byond Username: FriikkiM

Post by FreakyM » #160026

I've got decent experience with how things work on Goon, and im ready to help out as a mentor and such. I also know (for the most part) how Goon's admin buttons work, so I'm game, as Goofball said.

And come on, it's gonna be a hilarious meatgrinder. Really.

In particular, Chemistry, running the engine, and certain adventure-related things. Though maybe that last part shouldn't get mentored too much.
Last edited by FreakyM on Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין
Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin

Nostakaapa maljanne rivimiehille! - Tätä laulua ei kirjoitettu hallitsijoille
Moni palatsin muureilta saa tipahtaa - Pian uusi kuningas voi jälleen astua valtaan
StarToad
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: StarToad

Post by StarToad » #160029

I've got plenty of experience with goon, so i'm glad to be a mentor for it. This is going to be a gloriously powerful culture shock, I feel. And i'm curious to see how gooncode responds to running on tgstation's hardware, since I think it might be a bit more powerful then goon's hardware.
Isratosh
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Isratosh

Post by Isratosh » #160060

I'm actually a mentor on goonstation, so I'd totally be up for mentoring for this test. I love Goonstation and their code and I'd love to help /tg/ players on it.
Feedback
Bartholomew Martins
Spoiler:
conrad wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:22 pm Image
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #160061

Gooncode on better server hardware may be interesting, well I hope its better.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #160097

My only caution to this would be the fact that basil is on the Hub. That people who have joined regularly via that will find their server has changed quite dramatically.

Also how is goon code effected by our rules? And does gooncode require custom maps, or can we simply use what we've got?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Isratosh
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Isratosh

Post by Isratosh » #160111

We'd have to use Goon's map, which is Cogmap 2 (plus a few other Z levels) and can be found here.
Feedback
Bartholomew Martins
Spoiler:
conrad wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:22 pm Image
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #160114

Now this kinda map exploration tool I like.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #160132

The problem is that it will confuse the HECK out of some people, especially new ones.
The plus is that it will confuse the HECK out of some people, especially new ones.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #160183

Why not do it on Sybil?

Map Rotation: Codebase edition
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #160187

Well, bagil is ded, so it would be a good time to do it.
I play:
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #160250

Sybil Goon 2k16, the transformation is complete.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #160321

TGoon

The merger is finalized

Also this is a good idea lets do it
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #160335

Genuinely I think it might work well with sybil... Sybil has become more, erratic, like goon and the new map/code would give the oldies something new to explore.
There would also be less of a headache explaining to hubbies why its all changed and that its only temporary.

Apart from the map not being box... we all know how much Sybil needs box
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
killerx09
Byond Username: Killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #160344

I singleheartedly approve of this product and/or service, and would like it delivered as soon as possibu.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #160356

That's treason.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #160382

Lumbermancer wrote:That's treason.
*Watches Lumber ignite his lightsaber
I think bagil is better, mainly because Sybil is mostly composed of unrepentant Box lovers. Making it run on it would only make large part of them go to bagil.
I play:
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #160383

Jazaen wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:That's treason.
*Watches Lumber ignite his lightsaber
I think bagil is better, mainly because Sybil is mostly composed of unrepentant Box lovers. Making it run on it would only make large part of them go to bagil.
Solution: Remap box on gooncode, they'll never notice the difference.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #160484

It should be on sybil.

And my idea first bitches

Edit: Does gooncode still autoban for saying fag or nigger?
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #160503

I actually have no idea. I didn't know that it banned for that. If it does I'll disable it. I don't think it would actually do anything beyond kick though since I don't think goon supports the legacy ban system and it isn't able to write bans to our db.

Edit: I looked through the code. Nigger, fag, etc.. don't show up in the code anywhere, so I don't think it does autoban.
However it does seem that goon supports legacy bans. They would only really apply to jobbans and ooc bans though. I'll leave that in place just in case it's needed. Doubt it would be used but I don't want to risk some hidden code autobanning someone and me having commented out the unban.

I've pushed the mentors list to the remote repo as well as the admins.txt. I still need to rewrite the rank names probably.
Last edited by Shadowlight213 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #160504

no i hate goon code.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #160569

I can't wait for all the people used to Meta-style maps to go onto Cogmap. It's like fucking night and day, Meta functions horizontally while Cogmap is totally vertical. It's gonna be awesome.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #160592

Wait, do goons still not have smooth walls?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #160594

Saegrimr wrote:Wait, do goons still not have smooth walls?
They do now with the new supernorn sprite update.
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #160928

Test run delayed while mso works on other things first.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #161248

Somebody nag me on irc this weekend and i'll try to get to this.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #161674

Just as a note but Gooncode is now running on Basil, for now at least.
FranzKrake
Byond Username: FjKrake

Post by FranzKrake » #161689

Bagils laggy as F right now, and was so even with the old TG code. Whats up with that?
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #161691

The first few minutes of the rounds seem to be very laggy but then it somewhat normalises, at least when I was on a few hours ago.
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #161723

Part of the reason is that gloom (the server name) is much lower on the server priority list than sybil is. So, whenever sybil needs to do something process intensive, rather than being limited by gloom existing, sybil simply takes the cycles that gloom is using, causing gloom'a processing ability to drop.
Another reason is that apparently there's some sort of task scheduler for goon, but we can't use it because goonrelease isn't 510 compatible.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #161726

That shouldn't happen seeing as the game is written for single cores and I would've thought mso would've given each server a dedicated core
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #161780

Its all different and scary.

Dear god, what have we done??
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #161782

I've heard a rumour that MSO is going to set up a third server to permanently run Gooncode.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #161811

>sybil has more than twice the population
why
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #161830

Steelpoint wrote:I've heard a rumour that MSO is going to set up a third server to permanently run Gooncode.
Huh. Mso told me he was only going to run gooncode for a day or so.
If we are going to be running gooncode for longer, then I need to fully setup the config txt, and if it's gonna be a semi permanent thing, then I need to move it from a fork to its own repo. As well as try to make it run on 510 and stuff.