Longbowman is King of Basil

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Re: Longbowman is King of Basil

Post by Bawhoppennn » #171909

Bottom post of the previous page:

I say we give Bowman complete control and remove other headmin's authority from Basil
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #171935

Sure I can agree to that, I dont want to turn away new players, but equally they gotta respect our way of playing and our rules. Its pretty much for the benefit of immersion and keeping gameplay as even as possible.

Mostly I put a note once warned, if Im honest I try to put a note for most interactions.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #172014

That's how you make NTStation though, eventually a disagreement will pop up and whoop there it goes
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #172018

Its working pretty well at the moment, day to day is overseen by LBM and ultimate/higher decision making gets done by the trio.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #172093

I can't wait for this to fuck up spectacularly
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #172185

I want to be king of something.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #172204

oranges wrote:I can't wait for this to fuck up spectacularly
Always the positive...

And why do you want it to fail so badly?
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
icecreamcohn
Byond Username: IceCreamCohn

Post by icecreamcohn » #172283

Giving full control of the Hub server to a single person does not sound great.

This same server going Med RP.

Honestly. It needs to be reverse. The Hub is the Low RP with the current system and the Med RP goes off the hub..
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #172290

You'd be amazed how well it's working.
Players can and will create their own fun.
icecreamcohn
Byond Username: IceCreamCohn

Post by icecreamcohn » #172300

It has not gone full Med RP yet bro.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #172324

The "issue" is that, even though sybil and basil just be names, sybilites stick with sybil mostly and this is refelected in the play style of complete chaos mostly. A lot of people like that, esspically along with the admins. But it takes a understanding of the server and what and what isn't exceptable and mostly that goes beyond the scope of the rules page. What I'm saying is, those who play on sybil "get it", they understand how it all works and this comes through by having to find it, rather than stumbling through the hub. The hub itself already has a LOT of lite/no RP servers (Hippie, /vg/, goon, yogs, to name a few). So we offer something a little different. A server with a reasonable amount of RP, but not enough to be caught up in minor details of the heavy RP servers. We keep it med/lite, shennaigans still happen but peoples vocal and role play interactions remain high. Now the beauty of the hub and also sybil is that those who want something similar but more loose will find or ask for sybil, those who simply dont care or want something "harder" will find another server by the hub.

or you could put it this way, people who play on basil enjoy the way its run and played, those who don't change server. Don't like the playstyle? Try/stay on sybil. Is it that complicated?

Also I would re-iterate that 1 person on basil (LBM) does NOT have absolute power, see them more as a branch manager. The headmins can and will make the over all server rules, but LBM also "gets" the regular basil community. And honestly, if you have a problem, maybe you should try talking to him, he's really not some game dictator and is pretty open to feedback and opinion of others.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #172347

icecreamcohn wrote:It has not gone full Med RP yet bro.
That depends largely on the time you play. During the times I typically admin, it is certainly Med RP.
Players can and will create their own fun.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #175529

Can I be king of something?

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #175819

ThanatosRa wrote:Can I be king of something?
King of Trash Panda's
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #175888

peoplearestrange wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:Can I be king of something?
King of Trash Panda's
Yay!

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #176193

Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #176450

peoplearestrange wrote:
So when can I expect you and LBM to kiss PAS?

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #176531

Got him to rightfully proclaim me as QueenOfNerds, great guy, would pester him for the title again.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #176547

everybody is the king/queen of something, I am putting my stake into the king of revenants before someone takes it, that is MY antag and if I can't have it nobody can :bluetank: :o
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #176551

I also became the queen of something
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #176616

This is why I hope it fails
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #176895

DemonFiren wrote:
Bawhoppennn wrote:High/Heavy RP would be where you're like super in character and everything is like more rational and you have to play like an actual person would act, MediumRP (like bay) is where you are into the game playing as the character acting like a person kind of but stuff is still kind of wacky and fun (as the nature of ss13), LightRP is us where we disallow blatantly breaking character but we don't care if you stay super in character, NoRP is goon
>bay
>wacky and fun
Bay is a place where you don't know the Syndicate exists (it was eventually removed and replaced by "AntagCorp" for uplink purposes, traitors are always solitary now), where they removed all traces of clowns and were refluffing wizards into insane psychics with implants because it was breaking emulsions.
It's a place where in rev, flashes don't brainwash, instead you have to convince people to join you - and usually, they don't murder heads of staff even after their pay is halved.
they removed the ability to put hats on Ian - not just commenting out, outright deleting the code - and when downstream servers posted on their forums asking how to re-enable it 'cause they liked it, responded with a torrent of REEEEEEEEEE ANIMAL CRUELTY REEEEEEEEEEE IMMERSION REEEEEEEEEEEEE
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #176896

I put hats on real life dogs all the time, what a crock of shit

Also @oranges being a stick in the mud

chill out dude, it seems to be working out so far and LBM does not seem to care too much about his snowflake title. Regardless of how you or anyone feels about it it seems to actually be working
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #176995

Unban erp on basil 2016
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #177052

It's gonna fail
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #178052

I made a containment thread, please based PAS move it all there

EDIT: Thread here https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6668
Last edited by Guest on Fri May 20, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit line
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #181083

you deprived this thread of life thanks alot
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #181109

The king ('s thread) is dead, long live the king
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #181182

Yeah but now this can be the Kool kid klub
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #181251

I don't see this ending a lot like Macbeth.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #181554

If Longbow is the King then who is his Spymaster or Vizier?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #181594

I actually called dibs much further up thread
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #181612

Wyzack wrote:I actually called dibs much further up thread
My Lord,
I have discovered a plot from Wyzack to assassinate TheLongbowMan to claim your throne for his own!
Your humble Spymaster, Anonmare
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #181624

RichardMuribe.jpg
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
TheLongbowMan
Byond Username: TheLongBowMan

Post by TheLongbowMan » #185125

Well, it has been fun, however, I am feeling a bit burned out, and I am ready to take a break from SS13, and tgstation.

I do not feel that I am leaving Basil in a bad position, I feel that I have been able to help shape basil, and that it now has a much brighter future then from what it was a few months ago. It feels like it is shaping into an actual community again, it really is now a viable alternative to Sybil, with its own play-style and approach to the game, which in my mind is a great thing.

Still, I wish to take a step back, and do other things.

With the role of "King of Basil", I do not really have anyone in mind to replace me, and will therefore return overall control to the headmins.

I will likely be back again however, I always find myself returning to this game.

Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #185130

A reign of three months?

Well, long live the king and all that.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #185299

Worry not, I shall be succeeding longbow.

Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #185457

The King is dead! Long live the king!
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #185529

Fucking Longbow, not giving me my rightful place
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #185641

I should have been king, despite my rare playing of the game, and complete lack of both admin and coding experience.

Clearly I was the best candidate.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #186717

never forget bowman

peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #187548

I genuinely miss the guy.
He was also very good at keeping the peace on Basil, this I need to learn.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #187769

So, with Longbowmemes gone how come I'm not admin yet?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #187790

I'm asking the same question

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #187816

Yeah, but you're not lizard enough to qualify.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #187824

DemonFiren wrote:So, with Longbowmemes gone how come I'm not admin yet?
[sung to the tune of Ninja Sex Parties - "If We Were Gay"]

You know, a lot of people come up to me, DemonFiren, and say,
"Hey DemonFiren, you spend a lot of time on the forums and putting in your 10 cents. Are you an admin?"
Pff, I have to laugh. Ha ha ha ha ha!
Could you imagine that? If I were an admin?
Could you imagine?

A newborn admin pans through a station
A cookie shines from Heaven
A clowns's smile lights up the room
As Hornygranny bans a dude

A meaty-ore shoots in from outer space
A puppy licks the HoP
A ray of laserlight through the halls
As Cheridan nerfs sec

There would be no sadness
If Demon were admin
Just liggers and magic
If he was an admin

We would all be observing
A round of non humans
But mostly lizards
Mostly Demon's lizards
Ooh, ooh ooh Demon's liggers

Here's a list of things that Saegrimr likes to ban
Dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks shitlers
You're banned, I'm banned, you're banned, I'm banned, you're banned, I'm banned, you're banned, I'm banned, you're banned...
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #187897

I think you both know the answer to that question already.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #187901

I have always wanted to see a Danny space bang clown and space ninja Brian mime combo
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster