Trialmin review: Kevinz000

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Trialmin review: Kevinz000

Post by lzimann » #260337

The day has come, tell us /tg/station, how did he do in these two months of trial?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Trialmin review: Kevinz000

Post by PKPenguin321 » #260338

quotes from me a while ago
He makes jokes into serious things and serious things into jokes. He never takes feedback seriously and continues bad admin habits. His Pax ban was incredibly telling, wherein he completely failed to communicate, banned over something that could easily be passed as IC or rule 10, and went through with it despite the victim of Pax saying outright he was fine and actually found Pax's actions amusing.
That last point is the one I'm MOST concerned about. A player actively tells you that another player amused him, yet you ban that other player anyways because their playstyle didn't conform to your vision of the game. Your vision is so flawed that you've actually removed amusement from the game. It's not forgivable.
Kevins horrid abuse of midis actually prompted me to write a full guide on how to properly trim sounds to play them on the server, evidently he has still somehow missed the message

Still goes afk 99/100 times that I see him on server, always stealthmins when he does it, doesn't pop in when a stray ahelp appears, so the only discernable reason for him to do this is farming play time on the stat tracker. Obnoxious behavior, evidently he didn't get the message last time I mentioned this here. I've begun just kicking him if we already have a reasonable amount of admins anyways.

From this I've gathered that he doesn't seem to learn from past negative feedback. Definitely a red flag.
aside from him being a meme and just that, i havent heard much positive about him

take him out back
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #260344

My biggest concern is that despite the fact that Kevinz000 is the perfect example of what bad administration is, there will be a cavalcade of posts in this thread that read;

"Oh my god, Kev is sOoOoOOoOOO nice and funnyyyyyyy, he does the meme face so dank XD"

The idea that Kevin would receive fullmin just because he acts friendly towards some of the few players who actually post on the forums makes me uneasy.

Kevin treats his administrative position like a whip he has to crack behind the backs of the players, simply to vindictively remind them that he is there. He is embarrassingly aggro in anything he does.

eg. (This was taken from "Legendary Ahelps" in the admin forum, which in itself is a fucking horrifying indication of the mindset of some of our recent trialmins.)

There's nothing legendary about this. It's fucking embarrassing. It's a game, for christ sake. You don't have to spend your time actively seeking out reasons to ban people. The ban quota is a joke. A JOKE.

This is but a drop into the pool that is all of the embarrassing shit involving Kevinz000. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you read IcePack's appeal. This is one of the lamest and most limp-dick Kevin interactions I have seen. "Thin Ice" is fucking astounding.

We recently found out that in ~1 month of adminning, Kevin has permanently banned almost 50 players from the game. That's enough people to populate an entire server. That's more perma bans than some long standing admins have, period.
That's not impressive.
That's awful. It infuriated a lot of admins which I hold in high regard.

Kevinz000 is the poster boy of admins who have a dangerous misunderstanding of what being an admin means. It doesn't mean putting every single person you can on the watchlist, or permabanning at every opportunity.

You bring shame to this video game.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #260348

As Dannno said Kevinz is pretty ban happy and although some people believe banning people is somehow the solution, it's really not it's the last measure it's what you go to when you think you can't get through to someone in any other way. I don't think we should be promoting admins that use what should be the last solution as their first.

Another thing Dannno mentioned was the whole pax thing and honestly it just felt like to me that you weren't really listening to what Pax had to say and the whole situation was dealt with terribly.

I don't have anything personal against you or anything but I really don't think you should be a fullmin man, sorry.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #260350

I'd say promote him but make sure he knows he's on thin ice.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #260352

has poor tastes in midis
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #260355

I don't know how they even made trialmin. Is consistently AFK while in either one or both servers. I don't have faith in their administration abilities.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #260363

danno wrote:My biggest concern is that despite the fact that Kevinz000 is the perfect example of what bad administration is, there will be a cavalcade of posts in this thread that read;

"Oh my god, Kev is sOoOoOOoOOO nice and funnyyyyyyy, he does the meme face so dank XD"

The idea that Kevin would receive fullmin just because he acts friendly towards some of the few players who actually post on the forums makes me uneasy.

Kevin treats his administrative position like a whip he has to crack behind the backs of the players, simply to vindictively remind them that he is there. He is embarrassingly aggro in anything he does.

eg. (This was taken from "Legendary Ahelps" in the admin forum, which in itself is a fucking horrifying indication of the mindset of some of our recent trialmins.)

There's nothing legendary about this. It's fucking embarrassing. It's a game, for christ sake. You don't have to spend your time actively seeking out reasons to ban people. The ban quota is a joke. A JOKE.

This is but a drop into the pool that is all of the embarrassing shit involving Kevinz000. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you read IcePack's appeal. This is one of the lamest and most limp-dick Kevin interactions I have seen. "Thin Ice" is fucking astounding.

We recently found out that in ~1 month of adminning, Kevin has permanently banned almost 50 players from the game. That's enough people to populate an entire server. That's more perma bans than some long standing admins have, period.
That's not impressive.
That's awful. It infuriated a lot of admins which I hold in high regard.

Kevinz000 is the poster boy of admins who have a dangerous misunderstanding of what being an admin means. It doesn't mean putting every single person you can on the watchlist, or permabanning at every opportunity.

You bring shame to this video game.
Can I just say that I believe in this case that they were either someone who ran into a cloud of plasma on fire as non antag and burned down about 4 different areas, or someone that was just spamming links for OOC (forgot which guy)? I didn't just seek them out because I saw them have lots of ckeys on the database, I don't do that, I only looked them up after I was given significant reason to.
Edit: Further information on the Icepacks thing, yes, I'll admit it was an EXTREMELY snap decision, one that I made after looking at his attack logs and getting the story from the HoS who was the one who ahelped, and at the moment it sounded to me like he was trying to LMG the HoS for arresting them after already using lethal force to try to break out, and I didn't really look at their ACTUAL victim, who wasn't the HoS as they missed.
As for the permabans if you were serious, I've given out like 8 server permabans, and that's mostly just people griefing and logging out or in one case some guy who DoS'd the server, as unless I've just misread when I just RECHECKED just where you got that from, I havn't server-permabanned a single person for actual bad behavior that isn't logging off/the dos thing, so I don't know where you're getting that from.
Last edited by kevinz000 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
danno

Post by danno » #260365

Probably just meant normal bans
Which is still like 2 bans a day.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #260366

danno wrote:Probably just meant normal bans
Which is still like 2 bans a day.
Can you please actually check the ban database before screaming that I permabanned a server's worth of people? The grand majority of my permabans are NOT server bans as I've explained above, and you are aware that clicking "command roles" in jobbans or anything similar for department/section banning will apply the amount of bans equal to the amount of jobs under that section so when I command permabanned someone it shows as 7?
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #260378

I have MIDIs turned off so can't really comment on that aspect of Kevinz

I've found Kevinz pleasant and perfunctory when we've discussed admin related things.

I suspect he'll find himself strained to play, admin and do coderbus related stuff but thats more general commentary then something specific I've observed.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #260423

Helped me pull off my first badmin meme. Good guy. HYUGE MIDIS.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #260442

I think danno makes some good points but is overly aggressive about it so I find it hard to support that post

Like, I think there's some valid criticisms to be made of kevinz, but if you believe someone has a problem listening to feedback or criticism, I think beign aggressive is only going to make them double down

Never had a personal bad experience with kev for the record, only ever seen or heard of the things on the forums. Since I've ever only had pleasant interactions with the guy I can't comment much on the other stuff
Limey wrote:its too late.
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #260450

Still needs less midis and to downsize them.

And to not be AFK.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #260455

Good response time if he's not afk, needs to stop pming from Administrator because we know it's you kev for God's sake.

Aside from that, has been formal enough in ahelps that you take him seriously, but informal enough to out at ease. That's weird in an admin.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #260467

danno wrote: We recently found out that in ~1 month of adminning, Kevin has permanently banned almost 50 players from the game. That's enough people to populate an entire server. That's more perma bans than some long standing admins have, period.
fwiw those numbers were flawed. I rebuilt the query:

71 - JOB_TEMPBAN
54 - JOB_PERMABAN
48 - TEMPBAN
7 - PERMABAN
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #260476

danno wrote: We recently found out that in ~1 month of adminning, Kevin has permanently banned almost 50 players from the game. That's enough people to populate an entire server. That's more perma bans than some long standing admins have, period.
2 months, but you get my point, I'm not trying to ban everyone I see.
Sven12
Byond Username: Exalted12

Post by Sven12 » #260486

I don't like how you interact with the players, particularly via command reports.
Sven Brunner, Beheader of Personnel, CKey: Exalted12
danno

Post by danno » #260490

Sorry for misrepresenting the stats, I was going off of what I was told at the time from trustworthy admins
I believe my points still stand, however.
danno

Post by danno » #260502

Qbopper wrote:I think danno makes some good points but is overly aggressive about it so I find it hard to support that post
I mean, I can understand where you're coming from
but you have to understand that for the most part, once people pass trialmin; They are in. And they won't be removed for at the least a very, very long time.
So there's really no more appropriate time than now to be aggressive when I believe that giving Kevin fullmin would be a mistake
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #260533

Atlanta-Ned wrote:

71 - JOB_TEMPBAN
54 - JOB_PERMABAN
48 - TEMPBAN
7 - PERMABAN
This is still a ridiculous amount of bans for a two month period
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #260539

Sometinyprick wrote:
Atlanta-Ned wrote:

71 - JOB_TEMPBAN
54 - JOB_PERMABAN
48 - TEMPBAN
7 - PERMABAN
This is still a ridiculous amount of bans for a two month period
Saeg's replacement?

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #260565

Monthbanning new players from jobs and roles is a pretty shit way to teach them how to be better. Especially compared to explaining what they have done wrong/linking the wiki and letting them try again.

Most of the interactions i have read between Kevinz and players have left a really bad taste in my mouth, but i have no doubt there is some bias there as i probably would not be seeing the good ones.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #260579

danno wrote:
Qbopper wrote:I think danno makes some good points but is overly aggressive about it so I find it hard to support that post
I mean, I can understand where you're coming from
but you have to understand that for the most part, once people pass trialmin; They are in. And they won't be removed for at the least a very, very long time.
So there's really no more appropriate time than now to be aggressive when I believe that giving Kevin fullmin would be a mistake
Fair enough, I suppose, I just stand by what I said about people doubling down in the face of aggression
Limey wrote:its too late.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #260614

I hate to be blunt, but I can't get excited about KevinZ being an admin. Maybe if we reformed admin training and gave them another two months it might work out. But right now I'm a no-go :(
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #260631

This is not a vote for or against, but I am very uncomfortable using the number of bans as an indicator of an admin's quality. Some people get more shitters than others.

(This is coming from someone who doesn't really ban people very often and prefers warnings/notes.)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #260657

I second Bandit's sentiment. If someone wants to delve through Kevinz' bans and show us that a large number of them are invalid, that's one thing, but stating numbers isn't really indicative of anything concrete. Saegrimr was one of my favorite admins - arguably one of the best to grace this server - and his ban total was more than most of the other administrators combined. If you're going to use someone's ban numbers as a fault towards them, I'd like to see some proof that those bans were invalid or done in bad faith - and not simply high numbers because Kevinz is one of the more active admins currently.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #260661

Wyzack wrote:Monthbanning new players from jobs and roles is a pretty shit way to teach them how to be better. Especially compared to explaining what they have done wrong/linking the wiki and letting them try again.

Most of the interactions i have read between Kevinz and players have left a really bad taste in my mouth, but i have no doubt there is some bias there as i probably would not be seeing the good ones.
Most of the people who I jobbanned are nowhere near new, and those who were weren't just for "incompetence", feel free to find an example that doesn't support this.
EDIT: Eh, I take that back, there are certain cases I just found, but I still insist that most of them aren't.. Yeah, I get your point.
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #260663

Most of what I've to say has been said before, but here's my two cents.
It's fine to be known as 'midimin' all good things in moderation. I'd be happy to see him take on full admin status after taking some extra time to internalize everything said here in this thread. The ban thing is worth taking note of, but again, sometimes we run into more 'imperfect players' than others. The Tide works in mysterious ways. He's by no means a bad admin, and gets along more often than not with the players which is a big bonus.
ImageImageImage
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #260665

MimicFaux wrote:I'd be happy to see him take on full admin status after taking some extra time to internalize everything said here in this thread.
He won't.
Kevins horrid abuse of midis actually prompted me to write a full guide on how to properly trim sounds to play them on the server, evidently he has still somehow missed the message

Still goes afk 99/100 times that I see him on server, always stealthmins when he does it, doesn't pop in when a stray ahelp appears, so the only discernable reason for him to do this is farming play time on the stat tracker. Obnoxious behavior, evidently he didn't get the message last time I mentioned this here. I've begun just kicking him if we already have a reasonable amount of admins anyways.

From this I've gathered that he doesn't seem to learn from past negative feedback. Definitely a red flag.
Him not taking feedback seriously and persisting with bad habits is one of his huge negatives and part of why I dislike him on the team.
Spoiler:
danno

Post by danno » #260701

Yeah, I feel like at this point we already know he doesn't internalize feedback, so why bank on it?
Bob Dobbington
Byond Username: Bob Dobbington

S H I T T E R S

Post by Bob Dobbington » #260717

I think that a lot is being made of a relatively small number of isolated incidences of poor judgment. Most of Kevinz000's bans are fine. It is precisely because he's putting in the work and actually banning shitters that there's stuff to nitpick. Nothing in Kevinz000's recent admin history is bad enough that I think throwing him in the trash is a good idea, especially since he's putting in work other admins seem unwilling to do. We have admin complaints and headmin oversight for a reason, and that's exactly to watch for and correct minor lapses in judgment on behalf of admins. The system is working exactly as intended. Vote for Promote.
Game Admin for /tg/station. I usually play Daisy Holmes, the botanist.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #260780

if swarge and danno can make admin then you may as well accept any old trash
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #261317

danno wrote: There's nothing legendary about this. It's fucking embarrassing. It's a game, for christ sake. You don't have to spend your time actively seeking out reasons to ban people. The ban quota is a joke. A JOKE.
He was asked by others to do this, though?

Also if they were posting cats it's probably a darkbitt alt so no loss there :^)
beerobot wrote:if swarge and danno can make admin then you may as well accept any old trash
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #261551

I only had one bwoink from him and all went smooth, the only thing I can say is that he should tone down with .OGGs (AFAIK you can't disable them unlike midis, only use stop sounds after they start playing), the lagspikes are real and a lot of people, miners mostly, die regularly to them. At least announce you're going to chain-upload them so people can avoid engaging in combat until you're done.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #261583

Grazyn wrote:I only had one bwoink from him and all went smooth, the only thing I can say is that he should tone down with .OGGs (AFAIK you can't disable them unlike midis, only use stop sounds after they start playing), the lagspikes are real and a lot of people, miners mostly, die regularly to them. At least announce you're going to chain-upload them so people can avoid engaging in combat until you're done.
With PKP's trick to condense the sounds there's no reason you should be chaining in 2017.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #261589

PKPenguin321 wrote:
MimicFaux wrote:I'd be happy to see him take on full admin status after taking some extra time to internalize everything said here in this thread.
He won't.

Him not taking feedback seriously and persisting with bad habits is one of his huge negatives and part of why I dislike him on the team.
There's an example of his inability to accept feedback within this very thread!
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #261612

I mean I haven't played midis in like a week so how is this an example?
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #261618

kevinz000 wrote:I mean I haven't played midis in like a week so how is this an example?
Edit: do you mean the midis or what?
RescueRanger
Byond Username: RescueRanger

Post by RescueRanger » #262600

There seems to be a lot of salty ass people in this review bringing a lot of personal hatred of Kevinz000.

Through the many times i have interacted with the lad he has not once been afk (and there have been a lot of times i have had to interact with him as of late), if he is harsh with his bans/permas maybe he can work on that, but a lot of admins are becoming very weak when it comes to punishments as is, leading to re-offense and people thinking they can get away with being a dick all they want. The only concern i had was when he used the voice of the clock god (whatever the heck his name is) to condemn players without knowing the story behind it, after i said something he quickly stopped.

All in all i strongly believe Kevinz000 should be promoted to full-min since he has been incredibly helpful in ooc and when ahelped at, learned from his mistakes when brought to his attention and isn't afraid to drop the hammer instead of just band-aiding issues with warnings.
Spoiler:
imblyings wrote:ADMIN: Ausops (FLW): why would we import furry bears from a different hemisphere only to eat them don't be silly
imblyings wrote:Australia has had a track record of uprisings being crushed under the jackboot of their prison island overlords tg will be no different
oranges wrote:<oranges> I know we all have small dick
[Security] Francis Gallyus says, "Hard light cuffs on the HoP, we might have mexican immigrants, boys."
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #262641

>Through the many times i have interacted with the lad he has not once been afk

Well yeah, he won't be able to interact with you when he's afk, which I assure you is most of the time
Spoiler:
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #262648

Can we keep a review thread about reviewing the admin rather then trying to score points against other posters by "disproving" their review :V
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #262825

I'll preface this by stating that, when I saw that kevinz had become an admin after my hiatus, I laughed and assumed that the person who told me was joking. I remembered Mekhi Anderson as an infamous powergamer who got buttblasted over minor things and was very happy to kill people for minor infractions.

I haven't seen kevinz in-game - probably because of the stealthminning, if what I'm hearing is right - but he comes off to me as very brash. If the posted ahelps and my own looking into the ban appeals forum is anything to judge by, he seems very happy to hand out bans and very grudging to lift them. His constant AFKing and .ogg playing also seems to imply to me that he is an admin because he feels like being an admin; he shows no legitimate concern for the game other than banning, and is quick to dole them out to people with minor infractions. The closest person to this tendency that I remember is Skorvold when he still played, who once gave me a dayban for killing a cyborg after around ten warnings when it wouldn't stop attacking my mech and screaming for an ion rifle, but that's another story. Even then, Skorvold was very clear in his/her intentions, and thoroughly explained the reasoning why.

Kevinz doesn't have that restraint. He seems to presume that people know the rules by heart and assumes that people know the reason why they were banned when his official ban statement is "You're clearly not mentally old enough to play here." That's immature and stupid, and, if my personal experience with him both as a player and as a coder is anything to judge by, kevinz is wholly unfit to be an admin. He's similar to Robustin, with the exception that while Robustin was a constant source of vitriol for everyone, kevinz is not. That said, covering shit with a blanket still makes it shit - just with a prettier coat.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Lexorion
Byond Username: Lexorion
Github Username: Lexorion

Post by Lexorion » #262836

Xhuis wrote:
I haven't seen kevinz in-game - probably because of the stealthminning, if what I'm hearing is right - but he comes off to me as very brash. If the posted ahelps and my own looking into the ban appeals forum is anything to judge by, he seems very happy to hand out bans and very grudging to lift them. His constant AFKing and .ogg playing also seems to imply to me that he is an admin because he feels like being an admin; he shows no legitimate concern for the game other than banning, and is quick to dole them out to people with minor infractions. The closest person to this tendency that I remember is Skorvold when he still played, who once gave me a dayban for killing a cyborg after around ten warnings when it wouldn't stop attacking my mech and screaming for an ion rifle, but that's another story. Even then, Skorvold was very clear in his/her intentions, and thoroughly explained the reasoning why.

Kevinz doesn't have that restraint. He seems to presume that people know the rules by heart and assumes that people know the reason why they were banned when his official ban statement is "You're clearly not mentally old enough to play here." That's immature and stupid, and, if my personal experience with him both as a player and as a coder is anything to judge by, kevinz is wholly unfit to be an admin. He's similar to Robustin, with the exception that while Robustin was a constant source of vitriol for everyone, kevinz is not. That said, covering shit with a blanket still makes it shit - just with a prettier coat.
You are basically just repeating other peoples opinion and added an insult in addition to that,even though you didn't even see him yet? I understand that you don't like them but I find that a bit unfair and quite rude.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #262849

Lexorion wrote:
Xhuis wrote:

You are basically just repeating other peoples opinion and added an insult in addition to that,even though you didn't even see him yet? I understand that you don't like them but I find that a bit unfair and quite rude.
My claims weren't entirely baseless. As I said, I've gone through the Ban Requests Appeals forum and seen how he behaves there, as well as IRC. I also have my existing experience with him before he became an admin, several months ago. I included those disclaimers because I felt that my opinion wasn't entirely justified and shouldn't be weighted equally because of that same reason; I hadn't seen him in person. I just figured that I would chip in, as I've seen him around a good bit on the forums and on coderbus, just not in game. That's what opinions are for, and I chose to back mine up with facts - even if they're flimsy - instead of just rant against him like people are fond of doing here.
Last edited by Xhuis on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #262851

Xhuis wrote:
Lexorion wrote:
Xhuis wrote:

My claims weren't entirely baseless. As I said, I've gone through the Ban Requests forum and seen how he behaves there, as well as IRC. I also have my existing experience with him before he became an admin, several months ago. I included those disclaimers because I felt that my opinion wasn't entirely justified and shouldn't be weighted equally because of that same reason; I hadn't seen him in person. I just figured that I would chip in, as I've seen him around a good bit on the forums and on coderbus, just not in game. That's what opinions are for, and I chose to back mine up with facts - even if they're flimsy - instead of just rant against him like people are fond of doing here.
In fairness, visibility in-game is probably something that should be weighed on its own. Being visibly present is often as effective as being actively boinking people.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #262897

You realize the mentally thing was a joke right?
I mean it might be seen as ill suited but the guy flat out said he was underage after someone told me to ask them. The ban wasn't for being bad at the game.
Edit: ban requests are dead and you're bringing my posts up from months back when I was just a player and I decided to shitpost? It's not the best behavior from me but come on man it's months back when I was still a player and I posted there for fun. As for coderbus, I would probably not act the same in game as I do in the IRC channel that already contains a generous amount of meming.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #262914

Lexorion wrote:
Xhuis wrote:

I thought it was a fair assessment. If "opinions" (that are actually facts when it comes to stuff like constant AFK) are being repeated, maybe you should give them more weight instead of dismissing them.
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #262944

Wait no, I meant Ban Appeals. Oops. Let me edit that...
kevinz000 wrote:I mean it might be seen as ill suited but the guy flat out said he was underage after someone told me to ask them. The ban wasn't for being bad at the game.
I know the ban was justified. I just think that mocking him in the ban message is unprofessional. I was like that when I moderated for a Gmod server a long time ago. Surely we're better than Gmod?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #263050

Are you sure?