Trialmin review: Kevinz000

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: Trialmin review: Kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #262897

Bottom post of the previous page:

You realize the mentally thing was a joke right?
I mean it might be seen as ill suited but the guy flat out said he was underage after someone told me to ask them. The ban wasn't for being bad at the game.
Edit: ban requests are dead and you're bringing my posts up from months back when I was just a player and I decided to shitpost? It's not the best behavior from me but come on man it's months back when I was still a player and I posted there for fun. As for coderbus, I would probably not act the same in game as I do in the IRC channel that already contains a generous amount of meming.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #262914

Lexorion wrote:
Xhuis wrote:
I haven't seen kevinz in-game - probably because of the stealthminning, if what I'm hearing is right - but he comes off to me as very brash. If the posted ahelps and my own looking into the ban appeals forum is anything to judge by, he seems very happy to hand out bans and very grudging to lift them. His constant AFKing and .ogg playing also seems to imply to me that he is an admin because he feels like being an admin; he shows no legitimate concern for the game other than banning, and is quick to dole them out to people with minor infractions. The closest person to this tendency that I remember is Skorvold when he still played, who once gave me a dayban for killing a cyborg after around ten warnings when it wouldn't stop attacking my mech and screaming for an ion rifle, but that's another story. Even then, Skorvold was very clear in his/her intentions, and thoroughly explained the reasoning why.

Kevinz doesn't have that restraint. He seems to presume that people know the rules by heart and assumes that people know the reason why they were banned when his official ban statement is "You're clearly not mentally old enough to play here." That's immature and stupid, and, if my personal experience with him both as a player and as a coder is anything to judge by, kevinz is wholly unfit to be an admin. He's similar to Robustin, with the exception that while Robustin was a constant source of vitriol for everyone, kevinz is not. That said, covering shit with a blanket still makes it shit - just with a prettier coat.
You are basically just repeating other peoples opinion and added an insult in addition to that,even though you didn't even see him yet? I understand that you don't like them but I find that a bit unfair and quite rude.
I thought it was a fair assessment. If "opinions" (that are actually facts when it comes to stuff like constant AFK) are being repeated, maybe you should give them more weight instead of dismissing them.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #262944

Wait no, I meant Ban Appeals. Oops. Let me edit that...
kevinz000 wrote:I mean it might be seen as ill suited but the guy flat out said he was underage after someone told me to ask them. The ban wasn't for being bad at the game.
I know the ban was justified. I just think that mocking him in the ban message is unprofessional. I was like that when I moderated for a Gmod server a long time ago. Surely we're better than Gmod?
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #263050

Are you sure?
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #263055

NikNakFlak wrote:Are you sure?
:thinking:
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #263143

Just an update...we have not ignored this but we're kinda postponing due to the fact we're in the election cycle. We're going to wait until at least the admin headmin vote is confirmed to gather input for the decision to made in regards to promotion, demotion, or trial extension.

In the meantime, please continue providing constructive feedback in regards to how they did as an admin; feedback in regards to their past and coding activity really don't have any bearing to keep in mind.
Freedom
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #263412

My own experience in the administration makes me wary of attempts to bandwagon Kevinz000. It seems like any strong personality made trialmin invariably runs into hostility from oldmins who don't want to deal with people who don't share their views.

I don't like Kevinz because:

1) They are super hostile to events. This is up for debate but the playerbase has always shown an openness for events and approved of them in sever polls and yet Kevinz (and other notable admins) show an unnecessary hostility towards them.

2) They demonstrate bad judgment. I'm not going to comment on the ~50 permaban except to say they seem excessive. I generally like Kor's approach which is to use bans as a last resort, not the first line of defense. For the people who are glad I'm still around, I'm a living testimony to the fact that it's smart to talk to players and help them understand what we expect from them as opposed to just slapping their shit and kicking them out. I also have to say that Kevinz000's comments on Github and OOC show a shocking lack of understanding of what brings fun into this game. This is a personal opinion.

Yet ultimately I think Kevinz000 is admin material. If the next headmins approve them I would say to ask him to done down on permabans, but they take their job seriously and do their due diligence. Anything else is just nitpicking. Cut down on the permabans and you'll be a fine admin.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #264237

We, after taking input from the next headmins aswell, decided that we will be extending Kevinz' trial for one more month. While he had some small issues before, he has showed improvements near the end of the 2 month trial period and we believe giving him one more month is the ideal way to go.