ITT Admin confessions and fuck ups.

Mods and admins talk, users listen. Anybody can see this board, but only forum staff and game admins can post.
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

ITT Admin confessions and fuck ups.

Post by Antonkr » #40850

I accidently spawned Narsie 2 days into trialminship
I spawned around 80 clusterbang fragments, thus slowing the server at round end to a halt
I recently runtimed the server by trying to make every single turf SPIN
I considered unbanning Nexendia
i thought hbl was a good admin :^)
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Re: ITT Admin confessions and fuck ups.

Post by Aurx » #40858

I must object to this existing, I don't want players admins to try to get listed here and clog up or obfuscate ahelp/pray rounds in the process.
Having it private and 'mins only is would be bad enough, having it be given a spotlight is just begging for trouble.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #40862

One time I admitted all the shit I've done in a public thread and got deadminned for it.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #40870

One time I was going to run a funny light gimmick with the clown, but I accidentally gave him a weapon which was much more powerful than I had assumed.

It was a blood bath.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #41287

I once lost admin due to inactivity.

I kinda want it back.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #41288

I once pushed "Boom Boom Shake the Room" not knowing when it did when people in dsay were begging for anything to happen.

Very quickly everyone regretted not being more specific, myself included.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #41445

One time (when I was a trialmin the first time) I was quickly trying to right click a player and pull up their player panel, I misclicked, and then misclicked again and ended up deleting them.
MrGlasses

Post by MrGlasses » #41501

I've crashed the server twice. Once referencing the wrong type of space when adding an item to it, causing a huge runtime error. The other time I hit the petsplosion button, 2500 mice cause lag...the runtimes pouncing the mice...

I referenced the AI lawset to an atmos pipe before, which purged the AI and couldn't fix it.

I spawned a toy singularity and made it look like a level 3 singularity which caused a shuttle call...It was in front of medbay

I made a player a Corgi wizard with Knock and Explosion.

And finally, I took a double agent's telecrystals after he asked for something unique. I gave him the Janicart (read: Pussy Wagon) and an Uzi with a good bit of ammo, and dressed him like a gangster. The HoP opened 10 clown slots and they quickly filled, said HoP was giving all access to the clowns. The gangster double agent did a drive by on the HoP line, killing most of the clowns before being gunned down shortly after. I then spawned him somewhere else, dressed similarly and subtle messaged him: "Welcome to hell", before spawning 4 stacks of 10 clowns. He shot one.

Edit:
I accidentally purged the AI on vg as well once.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #41623

MrGlasses wrote:And finally, I took a double agent's telecrystals after he asked for something unique. I gave him the Janicart (read: Pussy Wagon) and an Uzi with a good bit of ammo, and dressed him like a gangster. The HoP opened 10 clown slots and they quickly filled, said HoP was giving all access to the clowns. The gangster double agent did a drive by on the HoP line, killing most of the clowns before being gunned down shortly after. I then spawned him somewhere else, dressed similarly and subtle messaged him: "Welcome to hell", before spawning 4 stacks of 10 clowns. He shot one.
I should ask for the pussy wagon next time I get traitor.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #41912

I once gave Danny Schmidt, off a prayer and sacrifice, a gold brick with about 30 force. I did not realize, initially, that the gold sheet item has no in-hand sprite.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #41998

I accidentally put Knaive in my client and made him a trialmin for a little while when trying to key him into a blob, it also made me a player.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #52221

I once gave someone a HONK mech and released them onto the station as an annoying final clown boss

I gave them 60 health and 6000% damage resist instead of 60% damage resist and 6000 health

Still was fun for those involved though, manually set health to 0 when people, including me, figured out it wasn't dying
Honk
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #52580

I think there's been 2 or 3 different times an admin has accidentally pressed Boom Boom Shake the Room. I don't think it's a button anymore.

I once forced a shuttle call by gibbing myself and somehow making everyone think gbs was loose.
Spoiler:

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #56607

I broke the shuttle controller trying to make it so it would pull the shuttle that was already built there rather then replace it with centcom's shuttle.

almost forced a world reset.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #81373

I forgot how powerful the meteor pen is and gave it to a player in exchange for all their telecrystals.
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #105306

Let's see...Off the top of my head :

-The Dante Ban (The one Kore overrided.), back when I was a trialmin. I mean, the ban was kinda justified since Dante went back specifically to wreck Jane-Luc's face, but I was out for blood on that day. Got kinda pissed that Kor and Dante made an arrangement too.
-Fuck, I think I crashed the servers a few times...Let's see. One time, was because I made all the tiles wet. This caused seemingly infinite loops for Dream Daemon, thus blocking the damn game - got yelled at by Aran quite a bit for that one. Then there's all the bombings I did when I was a traitor, and asked for a cap raise. Good times.
-Spawning that singulo.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #105404

I tried to make every turf spin once.
Spoiler:

Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #119075

I broke movement on the server the second round I was candidated

I also accidentally changed the ckey on my ghost to someone else's and kicked myself when I was trying to put said person into a body on the same time as my ghost
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #119092

Shaps wrote: I also accidentally changed the ckey on my ghost to someone else's and kicked myself when I was trying to put said person into a body on the same time as my ghost
I've done that before. Accidentally dragged someones ghost into a mob when was supposed to drag myself as well.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #119253

I didn't permaban all the admins I wanted to when I was headmin, this will haunt me for the rest of my life.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #121745

Oh boy let me think.
I broke all the shuttles in the world once by accidentally spawning a base shuttle dock item
I once gave someone the cuban pete virus set to non contagious...which promptly went rogue and infected the whole station while ignoring the cure all diseases admin command.
I pressed get mob instead of jump to mob, and teleported a traitor's target straight to him restrained.
I banned Kor once.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #121756

palpatine213 wrote: I pressed get mob instead of jump to mob, and teleported a traitor's target straight to him restrained.
I've definatly done that before. Normally to a "Why am I now at cent comm?"

I've also forced someone into a ninja role from a captain role... (I didn't realise the list it gives you is of ALL mobs, not ghosts, and that once you select "Spawn Ninja" there is no cancel button...)
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #122530

I made the mistake of thinking Niknak wasn't omnipotent and that AdminWho saying he was AFK wasn't just bait
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #122986

Yesterday Niknak and I were spamming the change map and rotate map buttons during the map rotation test. (He was mashing it, I was screaming at him to stop then pressed it a couple times myself)
According to MSO, we managed to break it so bad that had he not come home at that time, once the round ended and the server tried to restart, the server would have been fucked past the point of watchdog being able to reboot it.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #123169

Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #130716

I spawned a badmin bomb core and i would have fucked the server if loller hadn't been there.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #147670

I made two player spiders. By the time the shuttle was called there were almsot 300 and they had to be mass deleted. The lag STILL didn't stop, and since the shuttle was already called I just sped it up massively to let the round end.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #147724

Thunder11 wrote:I made two player spiders. By the time the shuttle was called there were almsot 300 and they had to be mass deleted. The lag STILL didn't stop, and since the shuttle was already called I just sped it up massively to let the round end.
295 giant spiders, 284 spiderlings, around 10-20 Ice spiders. So close to 600 give or take a few other spider types...

And so this happened for observers:
Spoiler:
I think you could chalk that up as a bug seeking win!
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #148417

I killed fun.
ADMIN LOG: Bgobandit/(Leo Pfeifer) has deleted all (1142) instances of /obj/item/weapon/reagent_containers/food/snacks/grown/ambrosia/deus.
ADMIN LOG: Bgobandit/(Leo Pfeifer) has deleted all (570) instances of /obj/item/weapon/reagent_containers/food/snacks/grown/tomato/blue/bluespace.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #148552

That's... a hard working botanist
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #149862

I didn't realise that buildmode delete removes the "loc" from the tile now. So when I removed the centre of the emergency shuttle for a shuttle build event... it sorta got left behind when the shuttle left...
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #149868

peoplearestrange wrote:I didn't realise that buildmode delete removes the "loc" from the tile now. So when I removed the centre of the emergency shuttle for a shuttle build event... it sorta got left behind when the shuttle left...
Best to use Adv and set your own tile to just overwrite. Unless that's a very recent change. Made a casino shuttle like that a week ago.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #149871

Saegrimr wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:I didn't realise that buildmode delete removes the "loc" from the tile now. So when I removed the centre of the emergency shuttle for a shuttle build event... it sorta got left behind when the shuttle left...
Best to use Adv and set your own tile to just overwrite. Unless that's a very recent change. Made a casino shuttle like that a week ago.
It's a very recent change apparently. And thats a nice idea. Someone said that dropping bombs or using an RCD also wont effect the loc.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
tkdrg
Byond Username: Tkdrg

Post by tkdrg » #149914

Kor's shuttle area changes made it so that if you delete a tile and then move a shuttle, said tile doesn't keep the shuttle area. You'd have to select the /area/shuttle/escape in adv buildmode and place it back down yourself.
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #149973

I thought we weren't using areas anymore and we're using the shuttle docking point bounds?
tkdrg
Byond Username: Tkdrg

Post by tkdrg » #150047

That's true for the other shuttles, but the escape shuttle is ~special~ for some stupid reason.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #163357

During my first week as a trialmin, I wanted to make a Deluxe emergency shuttle with fancy panelling and walls. I ended up depressurising the entire shuttle because windows on the Shuttle act funky. I spent an entire 45 minutes trying to re-pressurise the shuttle and prayed to God no one would call it while I had 30 air canisters and space heaters on it and had tools/catatonics strewn all over the place.

Luckily no one noticed when I finally cleaned the whole thing up.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #163500

I get really nervous somebody will spot me when I manifest into the round to mess with laws for an event, give the crew a pity shuttle call, etc. There's a button that makes you invisible for such things but I'm worried a random player will see me for half a second, even though it doesn't matter.

This didn't become less worrisome when Oldman, I think, managed to not just spot me working while I'm fully invisible, but hit me with stun bolts and get me restrained. I had to delete myself, and almost did IRL too out of shame.
RIP
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #163589

>Not calling the shuttle by button
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
oranges wrote:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #163598

Hibbles wrote:I get really nervous somebody will spot me when I manifest into the round to mess with laws for an event, give the crew a pity shuttle call, etc. There's a button that makes you invisible for such things but I'm worried a random player will see me for half a second, even though it doesn't matter.

This didn't become less worrisome when Oldman, I think, managed to not just spot me working while I'm fully invisible, but hit me with stun bolts and get me restrained. I had to delete myself, and almost did IRL too out of shame.
I think people with sechuds or nightvision or something can see invismins. There's some eyewear that gets through that level of invis.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #163639

It's not so much seeing the invisibility as the hud is visible whatever the mob's invisibility
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
oranges wrote:
bandit

Post by bandit » #165285

After several rounds that crashed within ~5 minutes, I set the forced secret mode to very ragin' bullshit mages.

It didn't crash that time.

admin feedback pls
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #165289

bandit wrote:After several rounds that crashed within ~5 minutes, I set the forced secret mode to very ragin' bullshit mages.

It didn't crash that time.
I did the same shit except I just pushed SCOOOOTLAAAAAND.

Crashed the rounds before and after that but not during fucking highlander + extra memery. The server just loves dank memes.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #171828

Not really a fuck up but sometimes I like to randomly play the admin bwoink.ogg just to wake the players up if the round's too silent.

Ask me about my fake ban messages as well
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #171844

Anonmare wrote:Not really a fuck up but sometimes I like to randomly play the admin bwoink.ogg just to wake the players up if the round's too silent.

Ask me about my fake ban messages as well
Pls. I've been doing global narrate fake ban message since before you were admin. Rarely do it though because people get extremely confused.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #171880

During like my first week with Coder rank, before even becoming a maintainer IIRC, I managed to freeze the server for several minutes as I used SDQL to change every atom in the world to purple.

Then I froze it for another couple minutes trying to fix the fact that lighting was now bright purple instead of black.
Players can and will create their own fun.
bandit

Post by bandit » #179074

I forget what it even was I was trying to do, but I accidentally activated the on-station nuke, sending the station into delta out of nowhere.

admin feedback pls
Thunder11
In-Game Admin

Post by Thunder11 » #179216

bandit wrote:I forget what it even was I was trying to do, but I accidentally activated the on-station nuke, sending the station into delta out of nowhere.
There's even a button to do that? I've always activated it manually if I need it ticking
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
oranges wrote:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #179227

yes
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #179238

I want to comment, but I don't think I've super-fucked anything before... yet.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?