Tentative Code Blue changes

Mods and admins talk, users listen. Anybody can see this board, but only forum staff and game admins can post.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Tentative Code Blue changes

Post by Timbrewolf » #42751

The current wording of code blue doesn't fit our ideal of RP > Powergaming. It needlessly encourages shitcurity to run around mugging people for no reason. As it stands "I felt like it" is enough cause for a sec officer to justify temporarily detaining and searching ANYONE on the station.

That's kinda crap. I'd like to implement a change to the wording for the Code Blue that was originally suggested by Intigracy ages ago that goes:

Code: Select all

ALERT_BLUE_UPTO The station has received reliable information about possible hostile activity on the station. Security staff may have weapons visible, searches are only authorized on suspicious persons.
ALERT_BLUE_DOWNTO The immediate threat has passed. Security may no longer have weapons drawn at all times, but may continue to have them visible. Searches are now only authorized on suspicious persons.
And attach to that a discussion about what would qualify as a "suspicious person".

We chatted a little in adminbus about that and it seems to be:

1) Committing a crime, or being accused of committing a crime. Kind of a no brainer. If you see someone trespassing or running around wearing something they shouldn't have, green light.
2) Being covered in part or whole in blood. This requires a little discretion in that you should be aware of the station situation and the person's health. As more people become the walking wounded, this becomes less important.
3) Being out of uniform. Being an unknown, wearing strange clothes that don't fit your ID. Don't just accost people just for dressing up, but someone in an assistant's uniform wearing the CMO's ID is probably worth a search. Running around wearing a gas mask when there isn't an environmental hazard is being out of uniform unless you're a sec officer, an engineer, or a scientist working in toxins.
4) Brandishing a weapon. Bartender running around with his shotgun out. Atmos tech running around with the axe in hand. Another no brainer. Keep those items stowed or risk confiscation.

tl;dr use your head. a lot of people are still going to wander around doing suspicious things and likely being searched for it, but this would give people looking to stealth a better idea of what should make you untouchable when it comes to sec randomly emptying your pockets.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: Tentative Code Blue changes

Post by Hornygranny » #42752

I would prefer not to have an automatic code blue to quantifying exactly who is and who is not suspicious.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #42760

The Blue Alert is because the centcom report arrives that warns the station of dangerous threats.

Removing one without removing the other seems odd to me. Maybe we could axe both? What good is the centcom report anyway?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #42764

An0n3 wrote:The Blue Alert is because the centcom report arrives that warns the station of dangerous threats.

Removing one without removing the other seems odd to me. Maybe we could axe both? What good is the centcom report anyway?
It exists to kinda prep the crew that this shift may not be a normal shift, which I like. But it's not totally necessary I don't think.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #42768

QuartzCrystal wrote:It exists to kinda prep the crew that this shift may not be a normal shift
But a blue alert is a normal shift; it happens literally every round.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #42770

Jordie0608 wrote:
QuartzCrystal wrote:It exists to kinda prep the crew that this shift may not be a normal shift
But a blue alert is a normal shift; it happens literally every round.
I mean from a roleplay perspective. I like to think that not EVERY shift on SS13 in my headcanon plays out like that.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #42774

An0n3 wrote:Brandishing a weapon. Bartender running around with his shotgun out. Atmos tech running around with the axe in hand. Another no brainer. Keep those items stowed or risk confiscation.
An0n3 wrote:or risk confiscation.
I can't agree with publicly condoning this part. Its way too abusable.

Pull it out because x y z, sec officer mcDickens comes on screen, sees you have it out as you are putting it back, tases you and confiscates it and says he doesn't belive or or that its a good enough reason to have it out, assuming he even stays on screen long enough for you to type out why.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #42775

Could someone move this thread to policy discussion?

It was recommended that I post this in the auditorium but having this conversation in front of the players but not including them seems really dumb. I don't see why we shouldn't listen to player input on this?
MrStonedOne wrote:
An0n3 wrote:Brandishing a weapon. Bartender running around with his shotgun out. Atmos tech running around with the axe in hand. Another no brainer. Keep those items stowed or risk confiscation.
An0n3 wrote:or risk confiscation.
I can't agree with publicly condoning this part. Its way too abusable.

Pull it out because x y z, sec officer mcDickens comes on screen, sees you have it out as you are putting it back, tases you and confiscates it and says he doesn't belive or or that its a good enough reason to have it out, assuming he even stays on screen long enough for you to type out why.
That's exactly the point though? You probably shouldn't be juggling a dangerous weapon around your inventory like that. Both examples used go in your backpack slot and stay there. Why would you be drawing them to play with them in the halls? What is this plausible "x y z"? It also gives people a better reason to maybe leave those kinds of things under lock and key in your department if you can.

In both situations you can make a case to your head of staff if you have to, and if they listen to you, they could ask the HoS to return the item. The Bartender belongs to the HoP and the atmos tech obviously to the CE.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #42784

An0n3 wrote:Could someone move this thread to policy discussion?

It was recommended that I post this in the auditorium but having this conversation in front of the players but not including them seems really dumb. I don't see why we shouldn't listen to player input on this?
For the hop thread we had both, why not do the same.

Here we can have the discussion without it spawning 10 pages of the same arguments back and forth, and we can even have peoples quote and sum up the player arguments.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #42799

It gets a little frustrating trying to have the same conversation in two different places.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: