New headmins and existing deputy heads

Mods and admins talk, users listen. Anybody can see this board, but only forum staff and game admins can post.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

New headmins and existing deputy heads

Post by Aurx » #43078

Given the new crop of headmins, what's to become of the deputy heads, namely Pandar's being Head of Robutts, Ely's being Head of Bans, and TBM's being Head of Trialmin Stuff?
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: New headmins and existing deputy heads

Post by Ikarrus » #43167

While I appreciated their commitment and contributions, these are things I'd really prefer to be handled by the headmins who will hopefully remain reasonably active. While their experience may prove useful, and I do hope they remain as involved as they did, I'd rather get rid of any notion of having "deputy heads", or admins given headmin powers because the headmins don't want to do their jobs.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #43180

Aurx wrote:Given the new crop of headmins, what's to become of the deputy heads, namely Pandar's being Head of Robutts, Ely's being Head of Bans, and TBM's being Head of Trialmin Stuff?
I haven't been the head of trialmin junk for a while now, I just tried to propose good systems that weren't so prone to shitty people getting trialled and pissing the playerbase off like before.
Aurx

Post by Aurx » #43197

Then the wiki's list-o-mins needs updating, it still lists you as such.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #43333

It's been hella outdated for a while.
Aurx

Post by Aurx » #43340

It's got the current headmins, so I assumed it to be accurate. Apparently it was just partially updated.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #43399

The page is accurate as of whatever date listed on it; this is the first thing I've heard of TBM not being the head of trials anymore, did you step down?
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master

Post by TheBibleMelts » #43433

I set up the mentoring system we have as of the moment and left it as that. There really doesn't need to be a person at the helm if the trainers are spending enough time with their chosen candidate as long as we still go by the polling system. Even when I was more active, my duties boiled down to "make the threads, lock the threads after a week".
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #43588

Like Ikarrus said, I think the three of us are active enough and able to do all the work that would otherwise fall to a deputy position.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #46271

I've been incredibly busy of late so I'd much rather Ikarrus handle the majority of the silicon stuff anyway, since he's the one I definitely have the most faith in regarding silicon semantics. Honestly, it looks to me a lot like the big Silicon Policy Codification thing I wrote up has handled most of our silicon issues; I'll continue to curate the pastebin, and if I ever need to leave /tg/ really long-term, I'll suggest moving the document to somewhere else, but for now, I think silicons are in a pretty good place on the server and there isn't a need for specific head action on them.

I'll also totally remind people what the contents of the silicon policy document are if headmins haven't (i.e. the thread in Policy Discussion right now).
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo