PSA: Emergency Response Teams (ERTs)

Mods and admins talk, users listen. Anybody can see this board, but only forum staff and game admins can post.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

PSA: Emergency Response Teams (ERTs)

Post by QuartzCrystal » #62129

ERTs ARE NOT ANTAGONISTS. THEY ARE THERE TO HELP THE STATION.

If you are selected for an ERT, you are to follow your objective and help the station.

If you are a crew member, you are not to attack or treat ERTs as antagonists or deathsquads.

We currently do not have the ability to ban people specifically from ERTs, so if you fuck up as one you'll probably just get banned for a day or two. So don't be a dick and do your job.
QuartzCrystal

Re: PSA: Emergency Response Teams (ERTs)

Post by QuartzCrystal » #62135

Seriously, if admins want to send in a deathsquad, we'll send in a deathsquad. The ERT was created to get people back in the round and help the station.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #62241

If you spawn an ERT you should probably spawn yourself as an officer to brief the team on their mission before they head out and remind them not to fire off their pulse rifles randomly.

Giving the ERT mechs is probably a bad idea unless there is a really big threat.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #62295

ERT's automatically have access to the mechs.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #62712

If they're not antagonists, then they shouldn't be given traitor status. You can give people objectives without giving them traitor.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #62727

I'm talking about when you press the "send in ERT" button. You choose the objective for the whole team upon pressing that.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #62739

ERTs do not get mech access unless an admin deletes the door to the mechbay.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #62811

Then the incident that caused me to create this thread was in part to another admin deleting the doors without me knowing.

It really doesn't matter. All players need to understand that if you're an ERT, you don't attack the crew. If you're the crew, you don't attack the ERT.