How has admining affected your playstyle?

Mods and admins talk, users listen. Anybody can see this board, but only forum staff and game admins can post.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

How has admining affected your playstyle?

Post by tedward1337 » #245392

Loaded question, I know. But hear me out.
Spoiler:
Before being a regular admin, I found myself playing as miner quite a bit, before the lavaland update and what not. Later on I joined the team and went on. After that I seemed to enjoy security roles, deadming to play warden or HoS. After I moved around to playing atmos tech and now I stick around that mostly while in deadmin to play.
Thoughts?
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: How has admining affected your playstyle?

Post by bandit » #245404

I used to play "regular roles" a lot more but adminning takes up so much effort that now I basically just play clown and tell jokes. It's like if on top of your normal role, you played a detective (who actually does detective work) as well as a lawyer (who actually does lawyering)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #245408

I still main security but I put more thought into it.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #245460

kevinz000 wrote:I still main security but I put more thought into it.
Same, but I don't feel like I'm playing any differently. Seeing how the sausage is made has basically confirmed that I've been doing things "the right way" from the getgo.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #245501

A shitton more Drone or other disposable roles since I usually have to aghost for some really ridiculous ahelp. Strangely i'm enjoying more just messing with people through little things like swapping the position of a door and a wall in maint after someone just runs through, or spawning a random monkey somewhere just to gauge reactions.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #245512

I play pretty much the same. One time I deadminned and went detective and shot some asshole into crit and got bwoinked for it, so I'd say not a lot has changed.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #245548

I find I enjoy playing security on lowpop now, and that's pretty much it.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #245654

Before admin I played a lot of Engineer and Sec, then around the start of admining I'd pick roles its normally janitor or something simple or RP orientated like bar staff. Now mostly I make myself central comm staff and talk special roles into the round when they spawn in (i.e. ERT). Actually mostly I fly around as a ghost, similar to Saegrimr, and make random interactions or try to forfill gimmicky requests and see where things go.
Though that means you end up relying solely on other people for fun.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #245657

Cargo Tech 4lyfe
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #245864

I don't play AI as much because its not a role I can administrate and play at the same time.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #245902

I mean really, the AI is like admin-lite for the average player. Always being asked for favours, first to be blamed when shit hits the fan.
I can understand why you wouldn't want to be doing the same job twice.

I find myself playing botanist/miner more often while adminning. Jobs that I can pop out of my body briefly to explain to assistants why the captain had cause to skewer them.
ImageImageImage