[Wiki] The to-do list

(Mainly the wiki)
SpaceSmithers
Byond Username: SpaceSmithers

[Wiki] The to-do list

Post by SpaceSmithers » #619559

Attention
As of May 2023, the to-do list for the wiki has been ported to the wiki itself, allowing all editors to modify and add to the list. The original contents of this page, as seen below this announcement, have been frozen and will be outdated. Click here for the new to-do list.

About:
  • This is the new to-do list for the /tg/station 13 wiki. Click here for the much older one.
  • If you are able to post here, congratulations: you meet the qualifications to edit the wiki!
  • Posts requests or comments here in this thread or in the /tg/ discord at #wiki-general. I sometimes check the Recent Changes log on the wiki, but feel free to ping me on discord if you complete something from the list so that I may cross it off.
  • Some notes were taken from user comments in RaveRadbury's thread, "Is the wiki setting up new players for success?"
  • This thread references my user page. It contains various drafts and other information.
  • This list is incomplete. In fact, there's a very good chance of finding something that needs changing by pressing the random page button just once.
  • I have RobustEditor permissions. Feel free to post or PM me about moderated pages, vandalism, or exclusive actions like page/file deletion.
  • Uploading new versions of existing images may take up to a week to update server-side. Be patient when doing so and your change will appear when it caches. Please do not upload new versions of an existing image as an entirely new file to work around this.
  • If a page looks broken after an edit, particularly pages with tabs, paste ?action=purge at the end of the page URL to purge the cache. This should fix it; this error is usually client-side. If the page looks broken in the editor preview and/or after purging the cache, then there may actually be an error in the formatting.
  • Visit my thread that discusses archival on the wiki.
  • Editor of the month: October 2022 - TeleportifiedBread. Thanks for all the work! With your help, many entries from this list were crossed off or cleared!
Priority Edits:
  • Major chemistry changes with pull #68385
  • Research and Development - Highlighting core gameplay for the science department, lots of information on this page is critically outdated. A Needs Revision banner at the top states that information is needed from changes made two years ago (2020). More information on general experiments would be appreciated; there's not even a hint on how to make a toilet.
Larger Projects:
  • Starter Guide has critical information and images that are outdated.
  • Starter Guide reportedly needs comprehensive review and overhaul.
  • Remove references of BoxStation and PubbyStation from pages that are not designated for archival or removal.
  • Delete references of removed engine types (Guide to power, template:guides, etc.) (their respective pages may still exist for archival).
  • Full review of all location pages.
  • Updating the horribly out of date images, especially for the location pages. Example page.
  • References of "Additional Access" reportedly need review for pages that have it.
  • Deltastation got a complete service revamp. This means many location pages are out-of-date/misleading. New players may look to maps and wiki pages for directions.
  • Reformatting and standardization of Guides - Keep guides on-topic, and cut redundant information for better readability and maintainability. Have a clear divide with headers between beginner and advanced information. For example, "Blood Cult for Dummies" and "Advanced Guide to Blood Cult".
  • Nukie reworks, divided into multiple PRs. Part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4.
Page-specific changes:
Articles with :ian: are marked as Good First Edits for newbie editors.
  • Here is a list of all pages with the "Needs Revision" template.
  • Template:locations - Expand TramStation and KiloStation. Actually, squashing all of the on-station tabs together would probably just be better.
  • Cargo Technician - Incorporate Exploration Drones (I have a guide drafted on my user page.)
  • Engineering, Station Engineer - Needs an overhaul, update important images.
  • Posters- Page is missing some posters (Sprites can be found in contraband.dmi).
  • Traitor- Add information for the following objectives: Steal the Blackbox, Steal the source code for Project Goon from the master R&D server mainframe. (Some information is present on the High-Risk Items page). Fill in the Sleeper Agent Activation header. Add more hyperlinks (guide to Combat, etc). Perform a thorough check for errors. Supermatter Cascade event.
  • Guide to drinks - Root beer added with pull #63956
  • Guide to food - (This section has been moved. See just below this list for food changes.)
  • Guide to making money - Unfinished, stub.
  • Illicit Access - Breaking a window - Some options to breaking windows, such as an emergency oxygen tank, are just not feasible. The long time it would take to break a reinforced window should be stated. Thanks TeleportifiedBread!
  • :ian:Tramstation,Vault - Tramstation's Vault has been moved.
  • :ian:Identification Card - Document interactions with currency (Alt-click to withdraw credits, smack credits into the ID to deposit them). Thanks Shadz for adding Holopay documentation!
  • Guide to Combat - Add the chameleon gun reintroduced in pull #66569.
  • Cyborg - Beeping or buzzing halves the time for cyborgs to re-flip themselves as of pull #64228. This should be mentioned here and the (soon-to-come) emotes page. Document the new Janiborg changes with pull #64131. Lollipops contain psicodine, gumballs contain Sailycilic Acid and Oxandrolone. Thanks TeleportifiedBread!
  • Station Traits, Quirks - Add the Body Purist trait and its station trait counterpart Cybernetic Revolution introduced with pull #71229. Add the Glass Jaw quirk.
  • Shaft Miner - The new crusher trophies for Brimdemons and Lobstrocities. Try not to document the fauna itself, though. That's kind of frowned upon for some reason?
  • Guide to Combat - Pull #64280 Adds inferno pistol & cryo pistol.
  • Template:Userbox - Find or make a better replacement for my shoddy userbox template.
  • template:Game_modes - Rename to rulesets(?). Thinking about making this look similar to the in-game preferences panel. This template only loads at the very bottom of pages, so it shouldn't impact page flow.
  • Guide to cytology - This could benefit from more hyperlinks, and a dedicated header to the rare maintenance loot "neglected fern". Include an image of the fern, too.
  • Guide to Restaurant - The table could use some hyperlinks. Robots can now order ice cream with pull #66073.
  • Guide to Chemistry - Capitalize some uncapitalized entries. Major changes with pull #68385. Document some reactions with the REACTION_INSTANT flag.
  • PDA, Modular Computers - PDAs were replaced with tablets with pull #65755.
  • Random Events - The older Scrubber Overflow event has made a return! Apologies to Rhials, who had just recently removed it from the wiki.
  • Ethereals (Or somewhere else perhaps) - Ethereals are sadly under-documented. There is not a single mention of their crystalline resurrection power and the effects of resurrection. Thanks Vect0r and TeleportifiedBread!
  • Modular Computers - Modular computers are becoming less modular, amend the wiki to reflect the removed and changed parts like power cells, hard drives, and more.
  • Sects - Missing the Musical Sect entry. Bonus points if you un-clown the coloring scheme.
  • Space Ninja - Needs some updating after the rework.
  • AI modules - Still lists old asimov as the default lawset, when it should be asmiov+
  • Holoparasite - Chaos holoparasite replaced with gaseous type
  • Game Mode - Blood brothers (enabled on the Manuel MRP server) are not listed.
  • Space Dragon - Friendly fire between dragon and carp was removed, and some other changes
  • Paradox Clone - New page by PotatoMasher! Needs some extra info about Paradox Clones.
  • Ashwalkers - Document some rebirth mechanics regarding sleeping near the tendril. Thanks Jastindeep!
  • Chemical recipes - Corazone was renamed to Higadrite years ago. This whole page might need a full review.
Edits for the Food Page
List authored by Dragomagol :happy: New pages:
  • Guide to Exploration Drones (Currently drafted on my user page)
  • Aquarium - Drafting in progress by Dragomagol
  • Emotes (links to a draft on my user page) - Full list of all emotes and special cases on how to use them (Eg. *slap can be used to slam tables, and can be given [G] to someone for a high-five). Link this from Mime#Emotes.
  • Crafting - Document various listings from the crafting menu, and also "slap crafting". This should help provide crafting clarity, maybe condense other pages, and expand hyperlink usage.
The following pages are marked for removal:
Wiki Admins: Make sure these pages are not in use by selecting "What links here" on the wiki toolbar under "Tools". Image changes:
Stealthily put your static up on the wiki Other changes and notes:
  • Make some pages have a simplified overview. This would be most useful for roles like Blood Cult or Cyborg in which a player may be suddenly converted and need the quick run-down.
  • Styleguide - No pages link to here. This should be expanded upon and incorporated into Guide to Contributing to the Wiki. Should guide editors with: guide standards, location page development and template usage, hyperlinking, tabs, etc.
  • Station Traits - Nothing links to this perfectly good page! How about Game Mode?
  • Why are there two different pages for Auxiliary Base Construction? Page 1 and Page 2. Also there are two redirects for the spelling of Auxiliary with two L's?
  • List of items with origin tech, List of items without origin tech - Fascinating information on the automatically generated wiki tables can be found here.
  • Read and document how the newfangled AutoWiki works. Praise automation!
  • Post below if you think references of IRC and/or NTstation should be removed. Timberpoes and MSO approved the removal of IRC references globally.
  • Find a centralized place for the scattered wiki policies. 1) MSO ruling for Wiki Administration and general wiki info. This same thread also emphasizes the importance of edit summaries. 2) Do not document lavaland and space ruins.
  • Firefox has some issues with tooltips on the chemistry page, namely the tooltip blocking the hyperlinks that they highlight.
  • :disk:?
Last edited by SpaceSmithers on Mon May 22, 2023 12:01 am, edited 95 times in total.
Retired in-game Administrator (Feedback), Wiki Master. PM me with any questions about the wiki.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: [Wiki] The to-do list

Post by datorangebottle » #619582

The heretic page is mildly inaccurate; it mentions that the void cloak is invisible during strip searches(it isn't), and also is wrong about the mawed crucible
It starts with enough liquid to create 5 potions, but it can be refilled with organs/body parts.
No, each organ/body part is one charge and you need five charges to make a potion.
Given the number of errors i've found already, someone should do some testing on heretic spells and rituals and make sure everything is correct.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #622178

Idea: Make simple pages for most jobs/antagonists, something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_English_Wikipedia .
Pages like blood cult or cyborg have lots of detailed information! But if you need that information in a hurry, i.e. you were converted to cult or forceborged, you don't want to have to read a short novel to get a grasp of what you need to do to make your team successful.
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
SpaceSmithers

Post by SpaceSmithers » #622183

dragomagol wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:29 pm Idea: Make simple pages for most jobs/antagonists, something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_English_Wikipedia .
Pages like blood cult or cyborg have lots of detailed information! But if you need that information in a hurry, i.e. you were converted to cult or forceborged, you don't want to have to read a short novel to get a grasp of what you need to do to make your team successful.
A very good idea. The wiki, for the most part, should be tailored to new players. A clear divide with either new pages or headers should be made to split beginner information from the advanced.
Last edited by SpaceSmithers on Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #622184

Template:delete exists but has zero revisions, making editing impossible. Please delete (I don't have the necessary perms).
SpaceSmithers

Post by SpaceSmithers » #622206

I have pinged and reported the issue to Atlanta-Ned and they have restored the template.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #622228

SpaceSmithers wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:42 am template:NTstation (what is this?)
NT Station was a fork of the /tg/ repo circa 2014
This was done because of coder politics, something about not letting people code their ideas + not giving the community enough say in decisions
Unlike pretty much every other fork in recent memory, it was run parallel to /tg/ code on the main servers

There's discussion about this scattered around the forum posts of the era. It eventually died, and some of its ideas were merged into the main repo
It's where goof first did deep frying for example. It's former maintainer remie richards eventually was subsumed into the /tg/ maintainer team, etc etc.

See https://github.com/NTStation/NTstation13, and goofball telling me I'm wrong about something when he eventually finds this post
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #622234

dragomagol wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:29 pm Idea: Make simple pages for most jobs/antagonists, something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_English_Wikipedia .
I wouldn't mind making a few of these. Where would be good to put WIPs?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #622237

Template category issue is fixed. Please put your [[Category:Templates]]'s in <noinclude> people.

Also, template:ItemMedium, template:ItemSimple, template:ItemUsedFor, and template:Storage are used in Template:Item and should not be removed.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #622321

BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #622387

BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #622389

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:24 am
I don't think it should be put in an alternative page, because that would be too hard to find.

The revolutionary page is a pretty good example. It provides a quick overview for what each role should do without going too in-depth.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Revolutionary
SpaceSmithers

Post by SpaceSmithers » #622544

Rohen_Tahir wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:41 am Also, template:ItemMedium, template:ItemSimple, template:ItemUsedFor, and template:Storage are used in Template:Item and should not be removed.
Thanks, good catch.
SpaceSmithers

Post by SpaceSmithers » #622546

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:24 am
Work in progress pages can be put on your user page, or subpages within your user page. For example, my work-in-progress Emote page can be found at https://tgstation13.org/wiki/User:SpaceSmithers/Emotes. I think it would be better to keep the information on a single page, just with headers clearly dividing the skill level. Two headers labeled "Cult for dummies" and "Advanced guide to cult" should suffice. So long as it's split up, redundancy is negligible.

Soon I'll draft up a style guide page, hopefully standardizing guide layouts.
SpaceSmithers

Post by SpaceSmithers » #622559

I might post some threads that will essentially be an open peer-review of specific guides on the wiki. I have two topics drafted: Starter Guide and Blood Cult. These threads might move depending on the verdict of "Add a Guide section to the form".
Last edited by SpaceSmithers on Mon May 02, 2022 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
SpaceSmithers

Post by SpaceSmithers » #622932

datorangebottle wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:58 am it mentions that the void cloak is invisible during strip searches(it isn't)
Good news, this bug has been fixed with pull #63484
tattle
In-Game Head Admin

Post by tattle » #634377

Spoiler:
tattle
In-Game Head Admin

Post by tattle » #646530

There are so many changes to food that keep happening constantly and are hard to keep up with!

Edits for the Food Page
Upcoming food PRs to keep an eye on

Spoiler:
ekaterina
Byond Username: Ekaterina von Russland

Post by ekaterina » #664471

SpaceSmithers wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:42 am Priority Edits:
  • Major chemistry changes with pull #68385
  • Research and Development - Highlighting core gameplay for the science department, lots of information on this page is critically outdated. A Needs Revision banner at the top states that information is needed from changes made two years ago (2020). More information on general experiments would be appreciated; there's not even a hint on how to make a toilet.
I updated the R&D page, let me know what you think.
I have a confirmed grand total of 1 merged PR. That basically means I'm a c*der now. 8-)
toemas wrote: ekaterina is really funny because they just consistently say what should be complete common sense (...) and then they get dogpiled by everyone in the thread
kinnebian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:51 am i agree with ekaterina but in a less aggressive manner
sinfulbliss wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:03 am Marina is actually a very high quality roleplayer, believe it or not, and a pretty fun and good-faith player in my experience.
warbluke wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:03 am Suboptimal research play detected, deploying lethal force.
Timberpoes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:50 am No deviations allowed. All must know the meta. All must power the game.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #664498

dragomagol wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:31 pm Radio emotes - https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/62130
Text formatting/emphasis - https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/61543
I added this to starting guide but I’m not sure if I explained it correctly/if it should be moved to a separate box
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
Dopamiin
Byond Username: Dopamiin

Post by Dopamiin » #672751

do you all still love me still

added yoghurt, cornmeal, and quality oil to food
did the funny food rebalance also in food (did you know that the moffic soup section was repeated twice in a row, replacing the moffic salad section?)
added rootbeer to drinks
added thermal pistols to combat
replaced chaos holopara with gaseous on both holopara and wizard page
bloomd brothers added to game modes
added the festival / music sect to the chaplains sect page
added some general tips to the paradox clone page that are 3% more useful than average tips
added the scrumbus overflow to events

what in the actual fuck is a "style guide"

edit: also btw u might wanna give the list like a once over to make sure that some of the things havent already been done but sneaky. im rly tired rn so i cant remeber very well but i think space dragon, space ninja, and maybe some others were already fixed??
edit edit: also im gonna personally fistfight whoever kidnapped half the sections on the food page into templates and then made those templates not editable with the shiny nice editor. do u have any idea how miserable it was to hop to like 80 different pages, and then squint at this super tiny text and compare it to a code dive to change like a 3 vitamin item to 4 vitamin, which real space station 13 players will definitely care a lot about my work ISNT worthless im NOT coping im NOT seething im-
plays on manuel