Help needed: The Identity System wiki page

(Mainly the wiki)
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Help needed: The Identity System wiki page

Post by JJRcop » #265074

Hello, I just finished some tweaks for the identity system that were requested of me by maintainers. I am going to rebase my branch against master, since it is kinda old, and there are a lot of merge conflicts that have set in over that month, then after that I will PR it, perform the codebase refactor, then it will be testmerged.

I have a problem though, I am not confident in my wiki writing abilities, and I want players to actually know what's going on. I wrote this page, and pretty much just dumped all the information about the identity system so that way you can understand it. I would like someone to make this page actually look nice, I mean it's functional, kinda, but it's ugly.

By the way I don't mean you need to do it alone, I'll be watching the talk page, so please put in there if you want me to generate a screenshot, or anything else. I'll also be in the #coderbus irc channel, and you can just /msg JJRcop from that client too. If you have any questions on how the system works I will explain it to you, hopefully the existing wiki article will be OK enough for your understanding.

By the way there is no guarantee that the identity system will be accepted, but there is a guarantee that it will be testmerged, which is why I am asking now.
I lurk quite often...
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Re: Help needed: The Identity System wiki page

Post by XDTM » #265183

Right now it's functional, although it kinda assumes the reader knows about coding. I'd be happy to rewrite it, but i want to see it ingame so i can explain it from the player's perspective first.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Re: Help needed: The Identity System wiki page

Post by John_Oxford » #265708

Maybe make it where taking brute damage to the head has a chance to obscure or erase memory.

Make it where if you die, all your memory is lost, but if you make it to the end of each round, you'll have the memories you collected the round before. (for that glorious ring of metafriendallnamers)
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.