Wiki Improvement Drive 2018 Edition

(Mainly the wiki)
lanch

Wiki Improvement Drive 2018 Edition

Post by lanch » #398732

Bottom post of the previous page:

Related question: If you have a dedicated temple to a specific god, will residents/visitors begin to worship it? Is there a chance they will add that gods to their list of worshiped deities?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Wiki Improvement Drive 2018 Edition

Post by oranges » #398866

dead competition
Kingfish
Byond Username: Enkment

Post by Kingfish » #405307

oranges wrote:dead competition
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #406303

is it over
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #407835

goddamn I was late but even I eventually finished
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #407837

I will do the scoring;

for +debug.
Iatots

Post by Iatots » #411028

I actually half-considered doing the scoring but I can't browse edits before the 30th of january so RIP competition, the first week is impossible to score.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #412629

Iatots wrote:I actually half-considered doing the scoring but I can't browse edits before the 30th of january so RIP competition, the first week is impossible to score.
you can if you manually edit the values in the address bar.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Iatots

Post by Iatots » #412633

MrStonedOne wrote:
Iatots wrote:I actually half-considered doing the scoring but I can't browse edits before the 30th of january so RIP competition, the first week is impossible to score.
Come on now, you think I hadn't figured that out?

https://tgstation13.org/wiki//index.php ... limit=9999
Using this line for example, I can only get to february 22nd now, even though I specifically request 150 days worth of edits AND from the 23rd of January.
The "&from=" is overridden by the default of 7 days unless you broaden the scope with "&days=", which is annoying. You can remove it from the link and the result doesn't change since any dates of interest I specify are too far back.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #412737

Iatots wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:
Come on now, you think I hadn't figured that out?

https://tgstation13.org/wiki//index.php ... limit=9999
Using this line for example, I can only get to february 22nd now, even though I specifically request 150 days worth of edits AND from the 23rd of January.
The "&from=" is overridden by the default of 7 days unless you broaden the scope with "&days=", which is annoying. You can remove it from the link and the result doesn't change since any dates of interest I specify are too far back.
Fixed
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Iatots

Post by Iatots » #414521

Well it's been a week and my scoring of the event is complete. Since I am not giving away any prizes I won't be naming any victors, but anyone who feels like rewarding wiki editors can use this scoring as an excuse.

Only edits from 17:40 23rd of January to 23:59:59 of the 28th of February were counted.

A reminder of the rules:
5 points: Enormous content additions, like writing a guide from scratch or completely rewriting one to be much better.
3 points: Major content additions, such as documenting large PRs.
2 points: Minor content additions, like adding an item to a list. Corrections of factually incorrect information. Image stuff. Mirroring changes from PRs on GitHub.
1 points: Spelling errors and similar trivial edits. Limit: One point per editor per page.
-1 points: Obvious attempts to game the score system.
How I interpreted the rules, on a per article basis:
5 points: BIG, NEW stuff. So big in fact, only one edit was awarded 5 points
3 points: A lot of stuff. More than a handful of items added to a list, more than a couple of corrections here and there on the article
2 points: Corrections of factually incorrect info, addition of a set of sprites (yes sets), adding a paragraph to a guide, reformatting text and improving it. In essence, anything not major that would be noticed if absent.
1 points: spelling errors, things that are interesting but won't be missed if deleted
0 points: lazy copypaste from code/Github, ""humor"", failures to actually improving a page.
-1 points: "Gaming the system". I noticed no such behavior.

The difference between 2 and 3 points can sometimes be subtle. Some scores have a range, none of which thankfully overlap. The lowball is conservative of 3 pointers, the high mark is more generous.

About the sprites: I considered "spritework" to be referencing work in which the sprites are the meat of the edit. In those cases where some thought had been put in a description, the text was scored and the sprites counted as bonus points, but barebone descriptions were awarded no points themselves, only the sprites were scored. Sprites were grouped together as single submission in those cases where they were a proper variant of eachother (tools with multiple setting, drones with multiple colors) or very closely related. Rule of thumb: can I put these sprites together in a .gif/single image and lose no information?

THE CONTRIBUTORS, IN DESCENDING ORDER OF POINTS AWARDED

Kingfish total: 175-177 (+3) // I don't know techwebs but nobody will care about those couple points stuck in limbo
123-125 from edits, 52 from sprites 112 images uploaded, 26 disqualified (16 unused, 5 duplicates, 1 self-deleted, 1 meme, 1 placeholder, 2 low quality) = 86 Accepted, counted as 26 separate submissions.

Factoryman942 total: 50-54 //
44-48 from edits, 6 from sprites, 3 images uploaded

Xhius total: 43-45 points // + Circuits Guide rework nominated for best large improvement.
19-21 from edits, 24 from sprites 42 images uploaded

Calzilla1 total: 42-43 points //
38-39 from edits, 4 from sprites. 2 images uploaded

‎XDTM total: 32-34 points //
28-30 from edits, 4 from sprites. 3 images uploaded

Nervere total: 30 points //
0 from edits, 30 from srpites. 35 images uploaded

Denton total: 28-29 points //
26-27 from edits, 2 from sprites. 1 image uploaded

Didn't make the cut:
Cameronwoof, TehSteveo, PotatoMasher, ‎TribeOfBeavers, Anonmare, Francium, somerandomguy, ESR, ‎Doerakpoes, SpaceManiac,Oranges, ‎Cruix, ‎MMMiracles, Muncher21, ‎Oldman Robustin, FrozenGuy5, Kerbin Fiber, ‎Mobiledove, Atlanta-Ned, ‎CosmicScientist, Qbmax32/‎Qbopper, ‎MrStonedOne, subject217, Jordie0608.

Not participating: me.

Score Sheets:
Attachments
Xhius.txt
(16.83 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
XDTM.txt
(10.17 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
nervere.txt
(8.91 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
kingfish.txt
(100 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
factoryman942.txt
(22.63 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
denton.txt
(12.19 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
calzilla1.txt
(11.52 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #414951

I've gotten approval to grant antag tokens to the top three seven winners identified by Iatots. I've also got a $50 Steam gift card for Xhius for the circuit guide rework.

Thank you for tallying up the points. I got sidetracked and overwhelmed a few months back :(

EDIT: Iatots also got an antag token for taking the time to tally up the points. Thank you!
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #415568

Hey, thank you for that! It must have taken a bunch of time to keep track of all this.