Page 1 of 2

Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:10 am
by MrStonedOne
Image

As host I've decided I've had enough of the racism, homophobia, and transphobia in our community. Rather then leave this up to the new incoming headmins to deal with, I'm taking the initiative to deal with this myself.

New discord, forum, and Game Rule:
  • Bigotry is not allowed. Intentionally seeking to demean others due to their actual or perceived race, sex, gender, orientation or the like is not tolerated.
    • It is not our goal to create or enforce a list of banned words and instead our goal to eject bigotry from the community. Enforcement will be less PC based and more common sense based with that goal in mind.

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:15 am
by oranges
First

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:20 am
by cacogen
Okay

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:20 am
by remanseptim
e

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:22 am
by san7890
finally: no more thirty minute long conversations on racemixing in OOC during war ops

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:22 am
by Luke Cox
Doesn't that already fall well under the purview of rule 1?

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:52 am
by Memedokter
God bless this shit has been going on WAAAAAAAAAAAY to long.

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:06 am
by Jaredfogle
this is good yes. an openly hostile community is not the best idea

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:14 am
by Kryson
I should be able to portray a bigoted character if i so choose on any sane server.

It is alarming that presumed adults are hurt by something said in character, that is not a sign of an emotionally well adjusted person.

Do you people watch Tarantino movies on mute?

How do you survive without being able to distinguish fantasy from reality?

I don't care about the discord and forum rule.

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:24 am
by oranges
okay kritler

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:50 am
by Vekter
I never thought I'd see MSO flex his host powers again. Certainly didn't think I'd be happy about it.

Luke Cox wrote:Doesn't that already fall well under the purview of rule 1?

Kinda but it's always been hard to argue. This at least gives a concrete reason for us to handle it.

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:55 am
by Space Panda
based bald buddy

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:57 am
by saprasam
are we allowed to say the soft version if it's not meant to be demeaning in any way

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:58 am
by SuperbDingaling
lmao how did it take this long

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:42 am
by cacogen
yes where does mso stand on n*gga (allah forgive me)

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:57 am
by Laz0rgrunt
Why not just outright ban words like nigger, tranny, etc. instead of contradicting yourself in saying that this isn't just a word ban. words like "nigger" for example, are words that are in all contexts considered a demeaning title of black people, so thereby they should be, by your reasoning of bigotry, be automatically punishable regardless of context. And you know, assuming it's based on "common sense" like you say, the only thing this should change is if someone is proven to know their victim's ethnicity and are using racial slurs accordingly, should receive a harsher punishment than of just rule 1 violation. would not someone being directly harassed based on their racial colour/trangender surgery get a fat ban anyways? This is literally either a rehashing of rule one, or in other words a pointless rule, or it's just a word ban based on the admins discretion as to what is "targeted racism, sexism, transphobia" etc.

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:05 pm
by Stickymayhem
we did it reddit

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:24 am
by legoscape
As long as it ends here and does not restrict no no words like retard I'm ok with this.

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:36 am
by Swept
Is the word prostate bigotry

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:06 am
by Stickymayhem
Swept wrote:Is the word prostate bigotry


without question yes

but the word prostate used in any context whatsoever was already met with an immediate permaban so this ruling changes nothing on that

OH GOD OH NO FUCK

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:02 am
by Jack7D1
What about smallotry

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:03 am
by BigFucknSpider
Some guy in game just said that the fact that you can say Nigger on the server is one of 2 reasons that tg is better than Goon. This seems like a very bad idea considering the "target demographic" of the server, so to speak.
I understand it says that you don't want banned words and only want to get rid of genuine bigotry but is that as far as it will go? You can only really be mean spiritedly called a slur if you do something like describe your own physical characteristics, and if you do that on fucking /TG/station you kinda invite it.

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:01 am
by cacogen
not so big now are you

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:24 am
by Stickymayhem
BigFucknSpider wrote:Some guy in game just said that the fact that you can say Nigger on the server is one of 2 reasons that tg is better than Goon. This seems like a very bad idea considering the "target demographic" of the server, so to speak.
I understand it says that you don't want banned words and only want to get rid of genuine bigotry but is that as far as it will go? You can only really be mean spiritedly called a slur if you do something like describe your own physical characteristics, and if you do that on fucking /TG/station you kinda invite it.


"I love Mick's Homemade Ice-Cream stand because Mick turns a blind eye when I sexually harass the cute girl at the till!"

We clearly don't need to cater to these people for any level of success, why the fuck would we care if they leave because they can't do something shitty?

They don't even need to leave, they just need to take the bigotry somewhere else

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:01 pm
by SkeletalElite
but can I say nigga and ligger still

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:14 pm
by Armhulen
Ya bro

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:30 pm
by oranges
BigFucknSpider wrote:This seems like a very bad idea considering the "target demographic" of the server, so to speak.

I'd love to know what you consider the target demographic of this server is?

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:34 am
by elyina
what a gay rule (for niggers)

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:10 pm
by Flatulent
Daily Fascism support +0.10

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:48 am
by aradsten
King

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:56 am
by cacogen
i've never understood the appeal of ugly racism to people who like cute anime girls but you see that overlap a lot

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:34 am
by Helios
I don't have a problem with this rule, I am concerned with the implications of /tg/station going down this line of reasoning though.
We'll see

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:52 am
by stan_albatross
And I was just about to appeal my retarded transphobia note as well

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:54 pm
by cacogen
do you know Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:31 pm
by peoplearestrange
Glad someone stepped in.

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:42 am
by 420goslingboy69
THOUGHT CONSIDERMENT ACTUALUZIZED
DEAD BRAIN ON ARRIVAL
ACCOUNT RESTRICTED
NEVERACCESSNEGATIVE
NEGATIVEFORWARD
FULLOUGHT
-----^ S[PACE... SPACE

FREEDOM OF SPEECH, AMERICAN.

RESTRICTION ROBOTIC

DEATH OF SELF INTIATED
TIMEWARP ACTUALIZED
DEATH SENTENCE INTAKE

WOKE ACCESS
NEGATIVE FEEL

CONSIDERMENT FORWARD EAST
Spoiler:
FOOL


POWER HAS NO BOUNDS
CONSIDER YOUR OPTION WHOM IT IS THAT IT PROFITS

YOUR BINDING HOLDS WEAK ON PECULIARITY
CHAOS ENDS TIME BY ACCIDENT
ORDER KILLS OTHERS ON PURPOSE

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:44 am
by 420goslingboy69
peoplearestrange wrote:Glad someone stepped in.

>UK FURRY

>TRUSTWORTHY

PLEASE RECONSIDER SELFTHOUGHT

YOU ARE A ROBOT MEANT TO SELF DESTRUCT
I WILL KILL YOUR THOUGHTS FOR YOU
I AM HARMFUL TO YOUR PERSPECTIVE, AS IMPLICATED EVEN THOUGH i stated otherwise...

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:13 pm
by TheWiznard
hows this gonna get enforced on the forums? are the multitude of people with forum mod powers just gonna be able to thanos you even more now

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:58 am
by Ayy Lemoh
TheWiznard wrote:hows this gonna get enforced on the forums? are the multitude of people with forum mod powers just gonna be able to thanos you even more now

accurate representation of what has happened since the bigotry ban to today

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:44 am
by Vekter
stan_albatross wrote:And I was just about to appeal my retarded transphobia note as well


Die mad about it

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:58 am
by oranges
Vekter wrote:
stan_albatross wrote:And I was just about to appeal my retarded transphobia note as well


Die mad about it

who tf are you talking to lol

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:41 am
by terranaut
oranges wrote:
Vekter wrote:
stan_albatross wrote:And I was just about to appeal my retarded transphobia note as well


Die mad about it

who tf are you talking to lol

its vekter he's seeing phantoms left, right and center

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:17 am
by oranges
A) shut the fuck up

B) I genuinely didn't see stan albatross (stupid name btw) post

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:47 pm
by terranaut
who tf you talking to?

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:04 pm
by confused rock
as long as I can keep my forum signature, which I don't keep because I like racism I keep because it's funny

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:29 pm
by Space Panda
do you really kick coalas

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:35 pm
by Bytube
unironically based

finally wont have hard r's spammed over comms anymore

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:42 pm
by Farquaar
Bytube wrote:unironically based

finally wont have hard r's spammed over comms anymore

Spam was already banned under rule 1

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:00 am
by Stickymayhem
confused rock wrote:as long as I can keep my forum signature, which I don't keep because I like racism I keep because it's funny


It's frustrating that it's basically the only time I've ever used that slur and you fucking immortalised it in your sig

at least it's basically me quoting but still

Re: Announcing a new rule against bigotry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:01 am
by PKPenguin321
Stickymayhem wrote:
confused rock wrote:as long as I can keep my forum signature, which I don't keep because I like racism I keep because it's funny


It's frustrating that it's basically the only time I've ever used that slur and you fucking immortalised it in your sig

at least it's basically me quoting but still

silence, racist