THE MEDICINES
THE OTHER CHEMICALS
THE LATEST PULL REQUEST
GOONCHEM PART 4: DRUGS AND SILLY CHEMS
THE FILE CHANGES
REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR EACH CHEMICAL:
Name
Recipe
Recommended Application Method(Touch, Ingest)
Description/Effects
Metabolism Rate
Overdose Threshold
Addiction Threshold
OPTIONAL BONUS POINTS INFO:
Overdose Effects
Addiction Effects
This is all the goonchem info that is available. Datamine from this to work on the page.

I'll try to keep this page up to date with the latest goonchem info.

E: This thread is not for the discussion of reverting/removing goonchem, any such posts will be pruned. - V
Last edited by iamgoofball on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Re: The Chemistry Page

Post by Alex Crimson » #67768

Can we have Metabolism Rate in there too? Ive always thought it was a pretty important stat now that we have so many varied rates and chemicals that affect them(Charcoal/Pentetic Acid).

Also the new page looks great. Love the bold chemicals listing their recipe when you mouse-over. Although many of the recipes seem to be missing that feature.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #67771

Alex Crimson wrote:Can we have Metabolism Rate in there too? Ive always thought it was a pretty important stat now that we have so many varied rates and chemicals that affect them(Charcoal/Pentetic Acid).

Also the new page looks great. Love the bold chemicals listing their recipe when you mouse-over. Although many of the recipes seem to be missing that feature.
I added it to the post.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #67784

AnonymousNow wrote:Considering that the (new) revert poll (the old one stabilising at 73%, and ignored) is stable at 61% reversion, shouldn't this thread be avoided for a while as the massive kick in the teeth to the playerbase that it is?
why would you ever suggest that we deliberately don't update the wiki with new changes

that page is outright lying about some things, it needs changed
Deantwo
Byond Username: Deantwo

Post by Deantwo » #67904

Thanks iamgoofball.
Yeah some of those things would be nice to have on the wiki as well.

Just need to figure out where to add it, because not all of them really need a whole column for themselves.

I was thinking about simply adding a bold line of text in the description if they can Overdose or cause Addiction.

I also really want to be about to write somewhere WHEN they actually take effect.
For example: Metal Foam takes effect apron mixing, and Charcoal takes effect apron digestion.
This could maybe be merged with the "Recommended Application Method(Touch, Ingest)" that you mentioned.

PS: Can I see anywhere code-wise what a chemical's "Recommended Application Method" is? Would be nice to add that to #7588 Analyze Upgrade as well.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #75061

To continue on from before this page got pruned.

I've finished updating the Chemistry page and have uploaded all changes to the current Wiki page: https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_chemistry
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #75070

That is awesome, thank you so much.
Deantwo
Byond Username: Deantwo

Post by Deantwo » #75071

Ooh yeah that is very nice.

Only thing I noticed on my read through, was that "Mindbreaker Toxin" is not listed under Narcotics.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #75073

Napalm, Nitroglycerine, and Thermite need to be under pyrotechnics. Additionally, 'carpet' is not a basic reagent, it should be in Other, along with Colorful Reagant, Triple Citrus, and Quantum Hairdye
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #75082

Why isn't Triple Citrus a drink, again?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #75100

<tag>Goofball, Fix Your Shit</tag>
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #75118

Feel free to update the page with any information I may have missed or overlooked.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #75466

Ephedrine says that it (among other things) stabilises crit. Looking a the code, I don't think it actually does.

Also because goofchems only proc every 3 ticks, the descriptions of the narcotics are pretty misleading - most stuns are 5 ticks, so it's almost impossible to get the full effect out of any of the narcotics.
Bathsalts for example, remove 5 ticks, but you should still get 3 ticks of stun froma 5 tick stun (which are the most common) before it actually effects you, and removes the remaining 2 ticks.
Making a chemical cocktail only compounds the issue, since they'll ALL proc on the same tick, rendering it fairly useless.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #79439

DemonFiren wrote:Why isn't Triple Citrus a drink, again?
That's too much citrus for one man to handle :shades:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #79466

oranges wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:Why isn't Triple Citrus a drink, again?
That's too much citrus for one man to handle :shades:
Not for any one lizard, though.
GLORIOUS REPTILIAN CITRUS RICE.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #79781

GLORIOUS HULK CITRUS FACE
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #79798

Dorsi, you aren't supposed to be funny.

So quit getting laughs out of me.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #82676

The Chemist job page is dangerously out of date. Someone who knows how chem works now should update that page (not it!).
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #84874

Still a fuckton of references to old removed chems on the wiki. I went through Medical Doctor as that's the one people are most likely to be confused by, but there are more scattered about
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #85037

Updated the entire chemist job page to goonchem
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #101204

Now that we've reintroduced some of trekchem, can we get the recipes onto the guide to chemistry page?

I have no idea how to make any of this shit.
Boredone
Byond Username: Boredone

Post by Boredone » #101233

Pretty sure the Trekchems (Cept the ones we kept like Mannitol) are sleeper/medibot/mediborg only, sorry.
Not brewable.
Of course, you could pump someone full of one of them using a sleeper and then draw their blood I suppose.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #102878

I think the recipie for bath salts is wrong, the enzyme and nutriment combine and make moonshine, even if you preheat the mixture before adding the enzyme
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #102953

Wyzack wrote:I think the recipie for bath salts is wrong, the enzyme and nutriment combine and make moonshine, even if you preheat the mixture before adding the enzyme
I'll fuck with the moonshine mix recipe or remove it. Does anyone legit make it on purpose ever?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #102970

I use it for my maintenence hobo gimmicks from time to time
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
newfren

Post by newfren » #115386

The entry for "stimulants" should be removed, as the stimulant disease from viro literally just keeps you topped up on ephedrine, which there is already an entry for.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #115387

newfren wrote:The entry for "stimulants" should be removed, as the stimulant disease from viro literally just keeps you topped up on ephedrine, which there is already an entry for.
Stimulants are used in the traitor stimpack.
newfren

Post by newfren » #115388

iamgoofball wrote:
newfren wrote:The entry for "stimulants" should be removed, as the stimulant disease from viro literally just keeps you topped up on ephedrine, which there is already an entry for.
In which case the "Ask Virology" part should be removed.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #115389

newfren wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Ohhhhh

Yeah remove that
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #115536

iamgoofball wrote:
Wyzack wrote:I think the recipie for bath salts is wrong, the enzyme and nutriment combine and make moonshine, even if you preheat the mixture before adding the enzyme
I'll fuck with the moonshine mix recipe or remove it. Does anyone legit make it on purpose ever?
The recipe is not bugged, you gotta Gitgud or figure out how to make it.

You can make Bath salts but it's a semisecret method to do so without making moonshine.

Why would anyone want to make bath salts I don't know.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #116207

iamgoofball wrote:
newfren wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
Ohhhhh

Yeah remove that
Aren't stimulants used in the Miner stimpacks too?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
newfren

Post by newfren » #116212

I seem to recall them being just ephedrine as well, but I'd have to have another look.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #117408

J_Madison wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:
The recipe is not bugged, you gotta Gitgud or figure out how to make it.

You can make Bath salts but it's a semisecret method to do so without making moonshine.

Why would anyone want to make bath salts I don't know.
>Semi-secret, gitgud and figure out how to make it

How about no. Just because goofball has an orgasm at the words "goon" doesn't mean we need to start trying to imitate a closed-source project.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #127181

The toxins section does not specify for how much ingested toxin the effects are.

For example Formaldehyde states it has a chance to turn into 10-15 units of histamine. Is this 1 unit formaldehyde? I find that hard to believe.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #127476

Interestingly, blood from someone who's just been dosed up in a sleeper can't be scanned for Trekchem chemicals. Is this intended behaviour?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #127485

AnonymousNow wrote:Interestingly, blood from someone who's just been dosed up in a sleeper can't be scanned for Trekchem chemicals. Is this intended behaviour?
the mass spectrometer is fucking buggy as hell and is deprecated with health analyzers having a chem scan. use health analyzers instead.