[Discord] Thread-Creation Abilities in Role-based channels

(Mainly the wiki)
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

[Discord] Thread-Creation Abilities in Role-based channels

Post by Cobby » #610391

Please allow admins to be able to create threads in adminbus and chatter.

Please allow maintainers to be able to create threads in maintainerbus.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Re: [Discord] Thread-Creation Abilities in Role-based channels

Post by Fikou » #610395

bus sure, but i dont think chatter threads are a good idea, there isnt really any topic there
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #610404

I forgot what scenario I had that made me put it in here so let’s just assume I enjoy the power for chatter.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #610409

Threads have been really useful for coding general, i used to laugh at them but MSO using it to move his discussion with maintainers into that channel was pretty cool
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #610541

Threads also have the potential to dramatically improve readability of policy bus.
It's kinda hard to find where one discussion ends and another begins and it's also hard to go back and find specific issues in there, so I hope headmins starting a discussion in there about a policy thread start doing it by creating threads.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #610553

SkeletalElite wrote:Threads also have the potential to dramatically improve readability of policy bus.
It's kinda hard to find where one discussion ends and another begins and it's also hard to go back and find specific issues in there, so I hope headmins starting a discussion in there about a policy thread start doing it by creating threads.
There's no way to keep them from expiring as far as I know
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #610556

Thread creation expansion is limited by the fact that the mod bot does not currently support threads, so edits and deletes do not get logged, and they create a situation where the thread creator as well as thread moderators can delete a thread and all messages in it, and mass deletes on that level are the kind of permission i try to keep to a minimum.

Expanding discord logging to something that logs to a database rather then tries to catch an event would alleviate that, as even mass deletes don't always trigger a loggable event.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #610700

Stickymayhem wrote:
SkeletalElite wrote:Threads also have the potential to dramatically improve readability of policy bus.
There's no way to keep them from expiring as far as I know
After a thread expires it becomes archived and the server is boosted so we can make threads that wont archive without 7 days of inactivity at which point discussion on the topic has probably already peaked and the thread can become archived without any issue.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #612469

MrStonedOne wrote:Thread creation expansion is limited by the fact that the mod bot does not currently support threads, so edits and deletes do not get logged, and they create a situation where the thread creator as well as thread moderators can delete a thread and all messages in it, and mass deletes on that level are the kind of permission i try to keep to a minimum.

Expanding discord logging to something that logs to a database rather then tries to catch an event would alleviate that, as even mass deletes don't always trigger a loggable event.
sucks