What policy conclusions do you think should be in headmin rulings?

(Mainly the wiki)
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

What policy conclusions do you think should be in headmin rulings?

Post by tattle » #617844

With the return of wiki editing (and with rulings on 26 new policy threads this term so far), what policy thread conclusions do you think would be worth having on the Headmin Rulings page, especially from past terms?

Are there any policy thread rulings you remember seeing that were significant (whatever that means to you) that you wish were easier to reference?

What specific things that have been discussed repeatedly in policy (or maybe referenced in an appeal but weren't in rulings) but ultimately got forgotten?
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Re: What policy conclusions do you think should be in headmin rulings?

Post by Riggle » #617848

I'd like that a ruling for needless shuttle calls would finally be passed and added to the rulings page.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=26534
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23375
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=21674
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=15629
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11092

It would be also great if we restructured the wiki page a little, since it's getting rather large. Putting the important / often used ones on top, and a list of less important threads below, each in their own section.
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #617863

Make sure the streaming policy is up to date, last one's from 2019
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #617971

every ruling you expect people to enforce or align their behavior to.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #617973

Cobby wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:03 am every ruling you expect people to enforce or align their behavior to.
Honestly this.

Ideally everything that could be conceivably enforced would be in the same place for ease of reference. It'd be wacky to expect people to have to dig through forum threads and posts to find rulings on things. Forums are a bit old and antiquated, and not everyone has the skills to search through them to find what they are looking for with ease. I really don't vibe with the idea of holding people to rulings that could otherwise be buried so far down that they couldn't reasonably be expected to know about it on the fly. Imagine them having to be pulled out of a hat like some kind of macabre magic trick? That sucks, for literally everyone involved.

Like yeah, the headmin rulings page could use some work sure — the rulings page could without a doubt however, be adapted to make searching through all these rulings easier one day (have some thoughts on how that could be done as it is but not trying to get into that right now).
Hugs
tattle
In-Game Head Admin

Post by tattle » #617976

Misdoubtful wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:26 am Like yeah, the headmin rulings page could use some work sure — the rulings page could without a doubt however, be adapted to make searching through all these rulings easier one day (have some thoughts on how that could be done as it is but not trying to get into that right now).
I would love to get into that sometime! That's part of what I would like to work towards but haven't wrapped my head around how that would be done yet.

An excellent point by both of you; I guess the real question I'm asking is: are there any policy thread rulings you remember seeing that were significant (whatever that means to you) that you wish were easier to reference? At least while the headmin rulings page exists in the format it does right now?

For example: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=28864

Spoiler:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #617992

This, basically. A seemingly common sense policy discussion that's just one guy salting and everyone telling him "no obviously you're wrong" doesn't need to be on the board. Anything controversial, or at the very least fuzzy enough to be discussed more than a few times does.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
tattle
In-Game Head Admin

Post by tattle » #618012

Mothblocks wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:04 am
This, basically. A seemingly common sense policy discussion that's just one guy salting and everyone telling him "no obviously you're wrong" doesn't need to be on the board. Anything controversial, or at the very least fuzzy enough to be discussed more than a few times does.
Do you have any specific examples? That's the kind of thing I'm going for here; I'm asking folks to think back on specific things that have been discussed repeatedly (or maybe referenced in an appeal but weren't in rulings?) but ultimately got forgotten.

I'll edit the OP to make that clearer.

Spoiler:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #618037

The one that comes to mind is ash walkers, free golems, etc and what rights they have to the above station. Ash walkers get discussed in bus every few weeks, yet ctrl+f ash walker doesn't answer whether or not they can leave the station or anything similar. Same with free golems.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #619066

I went back on my old policy threads to see if there's any that doesn't add up with current rulings. This one might be irrelevant these days because it's covered in the flavortext, but it's not on the page proper
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24102

I think we could use something officially on the books about calling the shuttle for stupid reasons, it actually comes up fairly regularly.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23375

Best I can tell we don't actually have anything down about killing fresh spawns? I think most players know about this, but I've seen bans being levied for this reason and it isn't on the books
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=21550

As tentative as I am to say this, we may want to include this in silicon policy or the headmin rulings. I am not necessarily in favor of increasing the wordiness of silicon policy but the surgery thing is actually another one that comes up fairly often (it actually came up the round before I started writing this) but isn't formally recorded
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22654

This was just from one pass at the policy stuff that I was personally involved in, but those are the standouts. I may have missed one of these being included on the ruling page or somesuch, but I did a quick CTRL+F and couldn't see any.