Wiki spam

(Mainly the wiki)
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Wiki spam

Post by bandit » #137957

we have a serial spammer on the space station 13 wiki and because I'm not a wiki admin I can't do shit but someone else can

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Special:Co ... s/Jimmygee

(I have edited all his spam contributions out but he'll probably keep doing it)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Re: Wiki spam

Post by LiamLime » #137966

Consider changing the security question. These bots seem to feed into a data pool of some sort, so once your captcha is cracked, you'll need a new one as all new bots will be able to crack the old one.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #137970

looks like a little kid with a keyboard rather than a bot
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #137980

who the fuck spams the /tg/ wiki

it doesnt even get that much traffic
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #137993

It's pretty funny.
I play Boris Pepper.
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #137999

oh yeah, it's manual. Okay.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #138175

LiamLime wrote:Consider changing the security question. These bots seem to feed into a data pool of some sort, so once your captcha is cracked, you'll need a new one as all new bots will be able to crack the old one.
Wiki uses forum accounts and requires a linked byond account on your forum account

Or at, that latter part should be true, i'll double check that the wiki in enforcing linked byond account for edit privileges
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #138176

Captchas should be enough. Even simple questions like "what game is this for?" work fine. You shouldn't require byond account linking and such, simply because that really limits who can edit.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #138192

you have to have a byond account linked to enter the forums..

you have to have a forum account to edit the wiki already..

i see no reason not to...

I fixed the error i setup the requirement, but never enabled it.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #138194

Don't you only need a linked account to post though? I wouldn't impose the same restriction on the wiki. I understand having to register, but having to link the account to edit the wiki seems kinda silly.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #138882

looks like he's just posting his christmas list hoping Santa notices he wants a drone this year
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: