Official SS13 wiki thread (to-do, bitching, etc)

(Mainly the wiki)
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Re: The semi-official wiki thread (to-do, bitching, etc)

Post by Fragnostic » #30057

Bottom post of the previous page:

Added the little bit on Ian's thread about killing him making you valid, since most people don't know/care.
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #30178

Research guide's table needs info about the new drone parts (in the exosuit fabricator?). False alarm that's already there! Awesome.
SMESes were moved to the ex-Secure Construction Area (which was ex-Gravity Generator Room for a while), that place's name, engineering picture and other info on the engineering-page need updating.
Also yeah, paging all alium-experts to update the guide, please.
Silavite
Byond Username: Silavite

Post by Silavite » #31983

Did a little dusting up in the combat guide. Added a bit for the Big Red button, updated the Chem Sprayer, and put bullets on the shotgun ammo types.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #32118

Updated some of the antag sprites in the job section, added in additional antags. I did not add the gangster antags yet.

Also slightly updated the basic cult guide and how to handle Security.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #32431

Added a note on how to construct the elusive terminal for the SMES.
http://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_ad ... ction#SMES
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
rahlzel
Byond Username: Rahlzel

Post by rahlzel » #39519

I added another Discussion topic to the Wiki's main page, but realized it might be better here:

"Error Creating Thumbnail"

I've seen this error a few times on the wiki. It's usually caused by having $wgUseImageMagick = true; in the LocalSettings.php. Comment this out or set it to false to fix the problem. In Guide to Atmospherics you'll find an image with this problem. You can use that to verify the fix as needed.

EDIT: Another separate suggestion: An extension that allows many images to be uploaded at once.

I've had a lot of luck with MsUpload and MultiUpload.

MsUpload:
+ Easiest way to upload N images (drag & drop into "Edit" textarea - screenshot)
- Less control over images uploaded (Can't rename before upload, etc)

MultiUpload:
+ More familiar interface. It's basically a Special:Upload page that creates additional dialogues after filling in forms for the first image, allowing you to upload more and more on the same page before clicking "Upload files".
+ Default (total) control.
- Not as fast as MsUpload.

For the moment, I'd recommend MultiUpload. You can also add it to MediaWiki:Sidebar the way I have it here: (see "MultiUpload" link in sidebar) http://gregariousjb.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #45162

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Talk:Jobs# ... and_guides

Just blurting this out. Here's an idea to overhaul the job-pages and guide-pages, to make things more consistent. Simply put: we have too many guide-pages and too much info on the job-pages + location-pages, leading to duplicate info between all of them.

Location-pages should be simply just about the location, where it is, what's in there, nothing more. That's a simple task.

Pages like Geneticist and Guide to Genetics should be merged together, because no one else does cloning / gene manipulation except Geneticists.

So, if we try to do this, how long can a page be when it's too long? Can the scientist job-page have all the 4 science department guides in it?
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #45169

Speaking of the wiki, whatever happend to the original wiki front page style? Now its all moved to the left hand side and looks subjectively worse off.
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #45215

Violaceus wrote:>HoS
> Make sure Lawyer
does their thing.

But they are subordinates of HoP...
Whoops, you're right. Fixed.
I'll try to see if I can get the front page things more in the middle.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #48622

rahlzel wrote:I added another Discussion topic to the Wiki's main page, but realized it might be better here:

"Error Creating Thumbnail"

I've seen this error a few times on the wiki. It's usually caused by having $wgUseImageMagick = true; in the LocalSettings.php. Comment this out or set it to false to fix the problem. In Guide to Atmospherics you'll find an image with this problem. You can use that to verify the fix as needed.

Disabling the feature is not the proper way to fix it unless it is truly broken. In this case the issue is that image magic wasn't installed on the new server when i switched over. So I Just installed it and in a moment or so wiki should fix itself. Imagemagic is needed because other wise the wiki will serve up the full sized image rather then its thumbnail, imagine loading the 12mb map image every time you loaded the map page (and then again if you went to open up the map). The bandwidth is just too high.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #49989

I updated the Syndicate Items page with the new Nuke Ops weapons and ammunition.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Syndicate_Items
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: Official SS13 wiki thread (to-do, bitching, etc)

Post by Ikarrus » #56733

Yeah, I basically remapped the entire security and starboard wings several times back then.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #56824

I've been doing a lot of updating and fixing on the Syndicate items page, like descriptions, icons, and the like.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #56852

Looking at the Robotics/Roboticist pages
I'll try to fix these messes soon enough but there's a lot of outdated info/pointless drivel on both (AS WELL AS TOTAL LACK OF A SECTION ON EXOSUIT MAINTENANCE)

In other news I fixed up the game modes page and removed misinformation. Was it copypasted from Goon?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #56868

Our game modes have changed considerably over the years, but the wiki has struggled to keep up.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #56900

Delicious wrote:The station is much more streamlined now, but I still have nostalgia for its flabbiness and imperfection.
Got to admit, I do somewhat miss donut brig.

Just for the joy of defeating yaxy saxers doing laps then throwing them in the slammer.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #56942

god no, jakety saxing is the worst thing ever, it's bad enough that the central primary hallway is shaped like a donut
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #56963

Oh yeah, long term it wears incredibly thin.

But the tactics and techniques developed to counter act the benny hill show were sometimes hilarious.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #57892

I'm thinking of putting in a "Alien Races" category on the Jobs screen at the bottom to better showcase the few races we have (Humans, Lizards to Changelings).
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #60109

The Food & Drink guide needs a slight rewrite since goonchem is in. I'll get with goofball and we'll get it rewritten in the next day or so.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #60113

whats new with food and drinks?
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #60126

miggles wrote:whats new with food and drinks?
Everything that gave a certain chemical before either now gives none (read: Doctor's Delight) or gives a different one.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #60128

There is already a feedback thread for goonchem and this isnt it.

As for the wiki. Doctor's Delight can still be made, you just need Omnizine. Might want to update the wiki recipe for that. Although it still doesnt heal. Also you need to add the mixing temperature for Sorium and Liquid Dark Matter(Both mix at 474 K).

EDIT: Seeing as people seem to be having trouble with the concept, i also suggest adding more information to the descriptions listing the differences from ingesting/applying via patch the different healing chems. As well as the heal over time they seem to give.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #60642

I discussed this alittle bit in coderbus. Should the "Setting up the singularity guide" have setting up the SMES's as the last step instead of the first step?
Personally, when I set up the singularity, I always set them up last. I encountered an issue the other day, it looked like a newer engineer accidentally released the singularity because his field and emitters lost power. Noting, he did take his time alittle bit, this was close to round start, but not exactly. It was probably 5 or 10 minutes later than when the singularity is normally set up. This was on basil, so it was just a single guy who came slightly late who set it up.
miggles

Post by miggles » #60644

i always set up smes last, but it probably wont really change that much
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #60733

Doesn't matter what point you do the smeses, they're still going to run empty if you dawdle.

Best practice if you're behind schedule is to cut the main loop power line, and setup a pacman
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #61635

Medbay guide needs redoing to reflect Goonchem.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #62247

The Chemistry wiki is still kinda messy. Some of the recipes are not aligned right and stretch off-screen, like Foam Surfactant. The recipes are not sorted alphabetically and some are in the wrong section. Space Drugs should be under Narcotics, no? And Mindbreaker Toxin can no longer be made seeing as Anti-Toxin was removed.

Also, once again i would really suggest adding the Metabolism rates of various chemicals to the wiki. also, more importantly, the overdose thresholds.
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #63662

I made a new version of the chemistry guide, stuff is still missing but you get the jist of the thing, what do you guys think? Should the original guide look like that?
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #65258

I Think there needs to be a big "Button" or something more obvious that links to the server rules. I don't really feel they're that easy to find.
I don't know who made the original buttons but it be great to do one to sit under or above the "New Players" button in the same style.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #66037

I did new buttons and Kosmos added them, along with a rules button. I can edit the buttons if they need to be brighter.
Hey.
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #66115

Violaceus wrote:I would like to point at this:

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/The_history_of_SS13

Is NT split really THAT important in history of Space Station 13?
Well it also includes moving to another forum. And plus there isn't that much history so I don't see why remove it.
Hey.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #66127

I updated Blob
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
miggles

Post by miggles » #66154

Violaceus wrote:I would like to point at this:

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/The_history_of_SS13

Is NT split really THAT important in history of Space Station 13?
yes i would argue that a small paragraph briefly overviewing a change that resulted in a large rift in the community, including the use of two different forums, is pretty important
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #66849

Somebody should probably make threads for the active todos in here. Mods are free to use split topic to do this.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #140562

I've changed the admin list section to be a little clearer and better formatted. It makes it easier to add/change admins up.

I'm wondering whether it be worth linking it to forum profiles as well? or at least put forum usernames (where they dont match ckeys, for example ausops)
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #140762

Actually slightly harder to edit since the normal method of updating the page is to copypaste from admins.txt and add in spaces; does look better however.
I wouldn't say it's worth linking to forum profiles, wouldn't come into use often and be bit of a chore to maintain.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #140766

Fair enough, and as long as I'm keeping up with whats being posted in the staffing log, shouldn't be to hard to maintain/worry about copypasta from admin.txt
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box