(Mainly the wiki)
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

The Media Page

Post by PKPenguin321 » #168203

Specifically, this page: https://tgstation13.org/media.html

While the links at the bottom are mostly fine (aside from being rather old), the images are super out of date. Just look at the sprites of those weeds, those windows, the old asteroid (with the red walls and everything), all of it.

We could use newer, fancier images. Things that'll really sell the game to a new player. The pictures we have are for the most part good, but by themselves don't exactly scream "PLAY THIS GAME" to me. So, what I think we should do:

1. Update the existing images. The least necessary step since they're just sprites, but it would be nice to have.
2. Make new images. Some ideas for images are a gang defending their dominator, a cult (complete with cult robes) around the big new nar'sie rune with gibs everywhere, an assistant running from a loose singularity, stuff like that.

These images can be easily staged via a local test server, if anybody wants to make them.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: The Media Page

Post by Saegrimr » #168214

I kinda miss those directional windows.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #168223

Holy fuck why didn't I img-responsive those images when I made that page
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #168240

Speaking of that page, there are plenty of articles that should be added.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #168245

Wouldn't be that hard to update the images with a more modern interpretation.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #168455

There already exist updated versions of those images on the wiki. They still have the red mining walls, but use the current resin, windows and medbay colours.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #168460

Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #168528

Most of that is very out of date
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #168580

ohh yeah because if i posted this there then everybody would see it and totally make new images right?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #169978

No the point is you can go ahead and make those changes right now, it would not be very hard.