Re: Site ideas

Post by NikNakFlak » #1158

Bottom post of the previous page:

A roleplay forum was added, it just kind of appeared
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #1161

Some of us on IRC asked Cheridan to add it.
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #1216

More thoughts/OPINIONS:

-Remove the colored names. They are big and obnoxious and not eaily identified with all these different colors now. Put usergroups below the names or something but the massive color spam.

-Dont make forums display who their specific moderators are. Its lighting the forum up like a christmas tree and that space should be used for descriptions of the threads.

- Stop having people moderate specific forums and have them moderate sections. People who specifically moderate JUST A single section like video games or off topic will have little to do, and it's stupid. Have them moderate the section that the forum is broke up into. From the person who moderated the whole entire old forum with like three other people, shitposting in sections like "video games" or "off topic" is incommon since they are dedicated to very loose topics.

-More mods is good. But adding people for the hell of it to moderate the lax SS13 threads seems redundent.

edit Guess I should have posted here: http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91
Posting in the annoucment thread is more noticable though
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #1225

Nah its fine I will probably deleate that thread tomorrow since it has no attention I understand what you mean I specifically asked not to moderate off topic though because I am aware of not really being able to need to moderate it unless serious butt hurt has occured and I dont want to personally try and control it. I dont mind to but prefrences seem to be a thing theyll do. I agree on the colour thing though and the names on each thread section.

EDIT: I mean trash bin not deleate why did I say deleate?
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #1234

I agree with removal of colors, they add nothing and only add to peoples epeen (MY NAME IS COLORED WOOT).

Also agree with not showing who moderates each individual forum, it really isn't needed.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #1236

Clicking "Mark Topics Read" will also mark all announcements as read. Would it be possible to change it so announcements are ignored?
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #1245

Usergroup color has been disabled, except for forum admins 'cos we're special. Turning off the list of moderators in the index has disabled showing them at all anywhere. I'm not all that fond of this, but we'll see how it goes.

The reason that people have been made mods only for specific boards/board sections is that those are what they volunteered to moderate, and I'm not going to force people to do stuff they don't really want to. I'm happy to extend their moderator permissions if they're up for it, but so far no one has asked me about it. Furthermore as it stands almost everyone is asking to moderate the SS13 section, with hardly anyone gunning for coding or ban boards.

Youtube tag I'm a bit apprehensive about although I do expect to be caving to popular demand sometime soon; is this something people really want or is it just the resident vlogger community pining for it?
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #1246

Tbh, admins shouldn't have their own special color displayed either, because its "I'm better than you"

We know who the admins are.
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Jordie0608
Site Admin

Post by Jordie0608 » #1249

But then I lose my vague and false sense of superiority over everyone =(
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #1254

Exactly.
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #1258

Too tired to read through this thread, but if it hasn't been mentioned already, I'd love the little icons next to topics to change colors when there's unread posts in them.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #1259

I'd still like the site to be setup on one domain, because I'm tired of fucking logging in every single time.

I've gotten emails linking to the following now:

tgstation13.org
www.tgstation13.org
https://tgstation.org
coderbus.com
www.coderbus.com

I've had to login each time for every damn domain, because the cookies are fucked. Pick a domain and stick with it, none of this multiple domain shit.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #1268

jeb, could you list the sources of those emails, as in what part of the site sent them and for what they were about.

You know, so i can find them and fix that.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #1271

It's all forum related emails, new reply notifications.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #1345

Jordie0608 wrote:Usergroup color has been disabled, except for forum admins 'cos we're special. Turning off the list of moderators in the index has disabled showing them at all anywhere. I'm not all that fond of this, but we'll see how it goes.

The reason that people have been made mods only for specific boards/board sections is that those are what they volunteered to moderate, and I'm not going to force people to do stuff they don't really want to. I'm happy to extend their moderator permissions if they're up for it, but so far no one has asked me about it. Furthermore as it stands almost everyone is asking to moderate the SS13 section, with hardly anyone gunning for coding or ban boards.
It be nice if mods had a sub-title at least, not anything really in your face, but its good to know who should be posting in ban forums and other places where loads of people don't really need to be involved.

Also its hard for people to be involved in the ban section without access to server logs etc to actually verify/deny parts. As far as coding goes it be nice if map makers/spriters/coders etc could get involved in moderation of that section, seeing as they are the ones who use it most commonly.

I'd also like to request a unread post colour like we did on the old forums. Its really nice to see with a simple colour change what you haven't read.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #1356

Also renaming Ban Appeals to "FOR NO REASON!" cause nostalgia and funny.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Jordie0608
Site Admin

Post by Jordie0608 » #1518

Ban appeals has been renamed For No Reason!

hr, left, right, s and youtube bbcodes have been added. These either function exactly the same as on the previous forum or not at all.
Testing ho!
Right Align
Centered text
Left Align
Strikethough
[youtube]y9K18CGEeiI[/youtube]
Forum Admin
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #1590

We should change the "http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/index.php" Picture (phpBB) to Ian or something SS13 related.
Maybe even a rotating picture/gif style banner would look interesting? (Could get people to submit a small image of certain dimensions).
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #1665

Rename the Private Subforums something other than General to make it easier to tell which one I'm looking at when I'm doing things.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #1764

That was fast. Thanks!
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Apsis

Post by Apsis » #1786

I'm still seeing no place for players to discuss in-game policy.
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #1804

Bring back Stenography.

It was one of the most active boards, and it generated a whole lot of valid discussion regarding server policy. It was great being part of the peanut gallery, and being able to speak one's mind about relevant things. Also, I felt it was good for community bonding.
Neerti
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Neerti

Post by Neerti » #1806

Apsis wrote:I'm still seeing no place for players to discuss in-game policy.
miggles wrote:
miggles wrote:Community Advocate rank with ability to read and post in all hidden subforums (as was in the old forums)
ImageImage
- Game Admin -
Feel free to PM me on the forums or IRC with questions, concerns, feedback, or just talk about stuff.
Have I not met my hitler quota this month?
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #1861

tunderchief wrote:Bring back Stenography.

It was one of the most active boards, and it generated a whole lot of valid discussion regarding server policy. It was great being part of the peanut gallery, and being able to speak one's mind about relevant things. Also, I felt it was good for community bonding.
No.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #1869

Jeb wrote:

No.
Please?
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #1871

Jeb wrote:

No.
>says no

>without expounding on why not

It's like you're no better than Erro, and your personal feelings are more important than the community's well being.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #1881

tunderchief wrote:
Jeb wrote:

No.
>says no

It's like you're no better than Erro, and your personal feelings are more important than the community's well being.
I say no, because this has already been answered and addressed.

Plus, my personal feelings have no direct effect on the operation of the forums.

http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic. ... p=352#p352 -- Has already been addressed by a forum administrator.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #1885

Why not moderate Stenography, then? I'm kinda missing the opportunity to discuss bans and generally peanut gallery.
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #1897

Jeb wrote:
tunderchief wrote:
Jeb wrote:

No.
>says no

I say no, because this has already been answered and addressed.

Plus, my personal feelings have no direct effect on the operation of the forums.

http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic. ... p=352#p352 -- Has already been addressed by a forum administrator.

Well, it's a piss poor decision, which is why I'm arguing it. Steno was great because it encouraged genuine policy debate with some banter layered on top. Removing Steno doesn't make the opinions that people hold go away, it just means that they will be expressed somewhere else. Better to have a containment board than to lower the quality of all serious ones.
Stephie

Post by Stephie » #1900

>There won't be a peanut gallery or stenography thread. Those were used for pure shitposting.

I went ahead and checked the locked Stenography subforum on ss13.eu, and a massive amount of posts there look like discussions of certain FNR or Ban Requests topics by people not related to those incidents to me. Which, I believe, was the whole point of the subforum. So, that statement being completely wrong aside, I have to wonder, is there anything wrong with letting people do that? Does somebody not like that for some reason? Because, if we are closing subforums just over a possibility of a person shitposting there, then I have to wonder how come this forum even exists - all you need to shitpost is a Reply button, after all, it's not specific to a subforum's theme in any way.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #1915

tunderchief wrote: Well, it's a piss poor decision, which is why I'm arguing it. Steno was great because it encouraged genuine policy debate with some banter layered on top. Removing Steno doesn't make the opinions that people hold go away, it just means that they will be expressed somewhere else. Better to have a containment board than to lower the quality of all serious ones.
I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with you, but the idea of a containment board being necessary is retarded. We have more than enough moderators to outright ban unwanted behavior rather than shuffle it under the rug.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Stephie

Post by Stephie » #1922

But "shuffling it under the rug" is precisely what we do here, since people's opinions on things don't go anywhere once the post gets deleted.
Rockdtben
Site Admin
Byond Username: Rockdtben
Github Username: Rockdtben

Post by Rockdtben » #1929

Why is Stenography a good board? Please list the pros and cons. The board used to be used as a personal attack board. Please explain how it is intended to be used now. Someone will need to moderate it to make sure it stays that way. Also, please write up how Ban Requests, Ban Appeals, and Admin Complaints can't fulfill these problems?

If you have an issue with a specific player you write a ban request.
If you have an issue with a specific admin you write an admin feeback thread.

Stenography allows for discussion about bans? So one benefit is that you can publicly disagree with a ban there? Right? What about using an admin feedback thread for that? I'm not saying to limit it. I'm just asking for good arguments.
Custom Software Solutions, Mentorship, and game development ----> Main Site
Game Master: 03/24/2022 - Now || Domain Holder: 04/15/2014 - 03/24/2022 || Code Project Lead: 02/01/2014 - 10/07/2014 || G-Admin: 12/29/2013 - 04/04/2015 || T-Admin: 3/29/2013 - 12/29/2013 || Codermin: ? - 3/29/2013 || Started Playing: 6/13/2006 || "Took no shit from shitters" - MrStonedOne
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #1930

Stephie wrote:But "shuffling it under the rug" is precisely what we do here, since people's opinions on things don't go anywhere once the post gets deleted.
Except that we have a pretty strict policy of not deleting posts. If something needs deleted/removed from a conversation, we move it to the trash forum.

That's what it exists for.

And that's not "what we do here". Perhaps on the old forums, but not here.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #1934

help i'm the clown and all of medbay removed my description from ban requests aahhhhhhhhhh
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #1949

Rockdtben wrote:Why is Stenography a good board? Please list the pros and cons. The board used to be used as a personal attack board. Please explain how it is intended to be used now. Someone will need to moderate it to make sure it stays that way. Also, please write up how Ban Requests, Ban Appeals, and Admin Complaints can't fulfill these problems?

Stenography allows for discussion about bans? So one benefit is that you can publicly disagree with a ban there? Right? What about using an admin feedback thread for that? I'm not saying to limit it. I'm just asking for good arguments.
Pros:
-Offers a place for people to discuss the quality/severity of an action and the punishment/ban issued in response, thereby allowing a community consensus on the appropriate punishment for any given misdemeanor, and showing the administration what the mores and attitudes of the current meta are at any given time.
-Leads to very legitimate discussion of server policy and how it is followed or enacted, on the old forums the discussion on steno was infinitely more relevant than what was taking place on the actual policy thread, as admins tend to partake in the discussions in equal measure with players, and the threads would not typically devolve into a shit flinging fest as they were typically locked when the FNR/ban request were resolved.
-Provides a place for open discourse, where opinions and ideas are allowed to mingle and end up spawning serious threads on the relevant board
-Banter, sometimes hilarious, sometimes trite, that rarely devolves into ad hominem

Cons:
-Banter, sometimes hilarious, sometimes trite, that rarely devolves into ad hominem
-The occasional shitposter

As a 4chan-derived community, we should not treat shitposting as anathema, as it's a legitimate part of board culture. With the proper moderation, Stenography makes for a great meeting place where people can get together and chat about things they would otherwise clog OOC or the ban appeal/request thread with. If you look over the old Stenography board, you will will see far more legitimate discussion than shitposting or banter, and that is what we should strive for, a place where we are allowed to speak our mind openly regarding the actions of both players and admins. Also, a bit of argument is healthy to the community atmosphere, as we are only human, after all.

The boards that you are expecting to take over the load, such as admin feedback, will not function well in these roles. No one will want to just come out and say that an admin is bad or made a poor decision, and most of the community tends not to visit the feedback board unless they feel they were personally wronged. Steno allows for discussion on both admin technique, playing style, and server policy, and was one of the most relevant boards at the end of the Errorage forum era.

Hell, if it's a question of moderation, I know several quality people in this thread who are willing to share the load and do not tolerate unfounded shitposting or drama, and I would also offer to moderate daily if it would aid Stenography in coming back to life.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #1963

So I'm going to throw my thoughts on the matter down, since I'm the only admin to not speak on the issue.

I see where rock is coming from, between low effort posts about the drama to personal attacks towards either party, that while seemed to be uncommon was common enough to warrant concern (and remember, we can't see the worst of it, that would have most likely been moderated away), It's not hard to understand why that might be added to rock's "things I don't want to deal with list".

Setting the tone for an online discussion board anything is a rather tricky one. certainly a lot more trickier than: "no shit posts".

One basically has to ride a fine line between keeping it from becoming shitter than they'd like, while not making everybody feel like they're walking on eggshells.

This becomes even harder when you have multiple administrators who have different definitions of the word shit.

Back on the topic of Stenography:

I can see the gap that it fills, there seems to be a demand for policy discussion, ban discussion, player behavior discussion, and admin behavior discussion merged, rather than segregated.

The reason I've been silent on this till now, is I can't quite place where it fits on the fine line, would allowing it make this place shitter than we'd like, or would not allowing it make this place more 1984 than we'd like.

Absent some articulated concern, I'd be down with giving it a try, but I'm gonna defer to the people that recommended against it in the beginning before running head first into this.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Stephie

Post by Stephie » #1985

Rockdtben wrote:Why is Stenography a good board? Please list the pros and cons. The board used to be used as a personal attack board. Please explain how it is intended to be used now. Someone will need to moderate it to make sure it stays that way. Also, please write up how Ban Requests, Ban Appeals, and Admin Complaints can't fulfill these problems?

Stenography allows to discuss a ban, or a policy related to it, without it becoming a personal complaint about a banning admin, and without making it into a direct issue about a specific policy that Policy Discussion was often used for. It lets people share bits of information without being bound by rather strict rules of the other administration-related subforums. More often than not, it doesn't lead anywhere, but didn't we have a few Policy Discussion threads evolve from heated Peanuts discussions? It's sort of an equivalent of the Minor Suggestions topic to the Ideas subforum. ...So, yes, a containment board, but with its own niche that, I think, we do need, since I find the ability to freely talk about the current environment surrounding administrative process pretty valuable.

Though, yeah, I guess that a policy on not deleting messages does get in the way here, since occasional personal attacks are to be expected. But, how do other subforums deal with the issue? Since, much like shitposting, personal attacks are far from something that is limited to Stenography.

And it's true that Stenography won't add much to the average posting quality of the forum, since, deep inside, I just need my dedicated shitpost forum. But, if we do need quality that badly, can't we outline the rules that specifically forbid any personal attacks or political shit stirring (on a large scale, like server wars, since you pretty much have to get political when discussing a policy) and discourage, or even forbid posting when you don't have anything constructive to add to whatever wild turn the discussion took, and then actually enforce them?

I see where you're coming from (after MrStonedOne explained it), but I guess my view on this all is that negatives associated with Stenography are not as bad as they might seem.
Jeb

Post by Jeb » #1986

The problem is, if we make a strict ruleset for a Steno forum it essentially makes everything go like this:

Joe Blow's Peanutz:
- User 1: He should be banned post haste
- User 2: HE SLIPPED THE CLOWN AND IT WAS FUNNY LOL
- User 3: fuck this stupid nigger lol fucking faggot - (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Our goal here isn't to need to moderate people, or to censor people. Part of the reason most people have the habits they have are from the toxic environment the old forums provided, due to severe lack of moderation and the people running it.

You've said it yourself, "Steno won't add much to the average posting quality of the forum", so what's the purpose of bringing it back? "I just need my dedicated shitpost forum" - nobody needs an entire dedicated shitpost forum. That's what we're trying to get away from here.

RE: The link you posted - There's a "Report Post" button. We encourage you to use it. We're only people too, and unfortunately can't read everything all the time (even though we try).
Donkie
Byond Username: Donkieyo

Post by Donkie » #2001

Not sure if said already, but if it's easy doable, add a steam profile link much like byond ckey to phpbb profile pages
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #2010

Going back to purely aesthetics (think I might have mentioned this) but how about a little rotating banner for the top of the board with various user submitted ss13 pics.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #2075

I'm legitimately torn on whether I think Stenography should come back, because I can all but guarantee you that legitimate issues will be bounced around - you bring it up as policy, it'll be locked as "Obviously an admin complaint," you bring it up as an admin complaint it'll be locked as "Make it a policy discussion," and so on.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #2087

>using people's bans as a place to discuss policy or admin issues

no........

Also please automatically add [Poll] before thread titles with polls in them, makes stuff easier
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #2252

PLEASE ADD STENOGRAPHY AS I CANNOT HELP MYSELF IN FNR. I NEED TO SAY STUFF ON PEOPLE BECAUSE MY OPINION MATTERS MORE THEN EVERYONE ELSES.
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #2267

For threads such as http://www.coderbus.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=216, I believe it would be best if each post moved there was tagged with the thread it was moved from in addition to the ban reason, so as to provide proper context.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
tunderchief

Post by tunderchief » #2284

420goslingboy69 wrote:PLEASE ADD STENOGRAPHY AS I CANNOT HELP MYSELF IN FNR. I NEED TO SAY STUFF ON PEOPLE BECAUSE MY OPINION MATTERS MORE THEN EVERYONE ELSES.

It isn't a matter of whose opinion matters more, but that our opinions have a safe place to be heard without offending someone. Noone's going to ass blast an admin in Feedback unless they have a personal stake. because it's impolite. No one's going to specifically go and rant on policy threads unless something happened that they feel very strongly about.

Steno was a place where everyone could go to shoot the shit while discussing relevant, current topics, and where newfriends could come to check on the current community consensus. If you prevent all banter, you are creating a hugbox.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #2421

OK people, lets try to keep it on track. This is a topic for site ideas, lets not get completely sidetracked by one debate over a sub-forum.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #2532

Pandarsenic wrote:I'm legitimately torn on whether I think Stenography should come back, because I can all but guarantee you that legitimate issues will be bounced around - you bring it up as policy, it'll be locked as "Obviously an admin complaint," you bring it up as an admin complaint it'll be locked as "Make it a policy discussion," and so on.
peoplearestrange wrote:OK people, lets try to keep it on track. This is a topic for site ideas, lets not get completely sidetracked by one debate over a sub-forum.
That was fast.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #2585

honk

User was honked for this post.
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #2651

It would be fantastic if post cou ts could be kept off in my opinion.

There was a lot of dickwaving about them before and they really just show who spends the most time in general.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #2653

Stickymayhem wrote:It would be fantastic if post cou ts could be kept off in my opinion.

There was a lot of dickwaving about them before and they really just show who spends the most time in general.
I am pretty sure any dickwaving about post counts was facetious/joking/ironic.
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)