Cyborg question

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Central Core
Byond Username: Central Core

Cyborg question

Post by Central Core » #246752

Hello once again. Now I am not sure if this is the right place for this one or any of my questions but no one has told me otherwise so here is another.

I am trying to replace the default cyborg sprite with one of my choosing so that when you become one at round start or make one by putting the brain in the cyborg body it would become the sprite I put in the file so I can see how it looks in game.

What I did was add the sprite to the robots.dmi file and I changed the icon_state in the robot.dm file from the default robot to the one I choose but all it did was change it in Dream maker not in game so if anyone knows what I missed please let me know.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Re: Cyborg question

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #246755

If you just want to change how a sprite looks it would probably be easier to just replace the existing one in the file, then you don't have to mess with the code at all.

Are you sure that you are running the code you compiled and not the old version?
Central Core

Post by Central Core » #246758

TribeOfBeavers wrote:If you just want to change how a sprite looks it would probably be easier to just replace the existing one in the file, then you don't have to mess with the code at all.

Are you sure that you are running the code you compiled and not the old version?
Honestly you may be right about just changing the existing one...and I am pretty sure its the compiled one...
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #247285

Central Core wrote:
TribeOfBeavers wrote:If you just want to change how a sprite looks it would probably be easier to just replace the existing one in the file, then you don't have to mess with the code at all.

Honestly you may be right about just changing the existing one...and I am pretty sure its the compiled one...
w-w-what
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #247294

In dream maker, after changing and saving your code, go to the build menu on the toolbar - did you hit "compile" or "clean compile"?
Central Core

Post by Central Core » #247811

Screemonster wrote:In dream maker, after changing and saving your code, go to the build menu on the toolbar - did you hit "compile" or "clean compile"?
I hit compile. I got it worked after a while so that is good.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #247812

Sometimes I've found that compile (as opposed to clean compile) can make fucky results when I'm working with images but I'm not 100% certain on what the difference is and why you'd use one and not the other.
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #247813

If you fuck with images clean compile. It rebuilds resources or some shit.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.