What went wrong with shadowlings?

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

What went wrong with shadowlings?

Post by LeekiLoku » #672151

I played on Yog a little and they have shadowlings, and i think its fun. They are like Nuke ops and Cultists, they can end the round and i think they arent that bad.
I started playing last year so im not sure how they really are bad. I am assuming that they were just hard to balance.
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Re: What went wrong with shadowlings?

Post by Capsandi » #672322

Yea they got salted out of the game. They could be really fun to run from once they got their op bullshit powers. If they were brought back today they would probably be in a better place than cult/revs but I wouldn't want to see them be readded alongside cult & revs because we have enough conversion antags as it is and routinely getting caught as a traitor/ling only to work for a different team's goal is bad enough without having it benefit a single dude's goals
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #672338

Nothing is wrong with shadowlings and I'd let them back into the game with minimal changes. They're fun, but nobody has done the legwork to readd them
LeekiLoku
Byond Username: Lokuthewise

Post by LeekiLoku » #672429

Armhulen wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:33 am Nothing is wrong with shadowlings and I'd let them back into the game with minimal changes. They're fun, but nobody has done the legwork to readd them
Alright then, once i learn how to code for byond. Ill try to add them back in. I know C++ and i want to learn new things.