How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Re: Upcoming Pseudo Freeze

Post by Xhuis » #303485

Bottom post of the previous page:

Now have you seen what happens to people who post the same thing twice?
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #303502

Xhuis wrote:Now have you seen what happens to people who post the same thing twice?
Yes, the people who point it out get juiced
it's my mouse, it manages to hit the button twice really quickly (check out the vidya threads, I just did it thrice!) and I guess phpBB doesn't delay clicks.
私は完璧
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #303520

Remie Richards wrote:Now have you seen what happens to people who cross me?
:oops: :cry: :? :( :o :shock:
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #305574

>No warning about the specific start time for the freeze
>Both this thread and IRC had misleading times for the freeze start

I'm pretty fucking salty about this, why do it like this when our last freeze was specific down to the minute about when it would start.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #305641

Oldman Robustin wrote:>No warning about the specific start time for the freeze

I'm pretty fucking salty about this, why do it like this when our last freeze was specific down to the minute about when it would start.
>literally one of the few exceptions to the freeze
>is complaining about the freeze starting despite being exempt
Spoiler:
I mean you might have a point but I thought it was funny
Limey wrote:its too late.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #305684

Oldman Robustin wrote:>No warning about the specific start time for the freeze

Specific date means that people would rush to PR their unfinished stuff to bypass grandfather clause. It's better this way. See: Trump's travel ban.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #305787

Then make a rule requiring it to be finished/merge-ready upon opening between the "warning" period and the "freeze" period. There's also extra sodium chloride involved because Kor did exactly what you mentioned, opened a non-compiling antag PR, just to get it in before he started the freeze. Sadly his dash code is what inspired me to finish my PR, only to hide out I got meme'd several hours later once I got mine working.

The only reason my gang shit is exempt is because its already open and there's a decent chance that (especially since its not being testmerged atm) someone will be imbalanced and need a post-PR correction. I view that as a fair and reasonable decision but its hardly something I'm nuts about. "Yay I get to continue bearing sole responsibility for the fate of gangs, wooo".
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #306270

merge my gang dom stuff when i'm done thanks
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #307072

Does anyoen think it's weird kor is just adding a freeze because they're afraid of arguments instead of say relying more on other maintainers to be harsh?
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #310913

CosmicScientist wrote:When is it intended for this to end? Since 1-2 months isn't very concrete, especially if you don't know the date the freeze started.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/28223