WHY CANT YOU JUST ANNOUNCE THE ACTUAL TIME THAT THE FREEZE WILL START

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

WHY CANT YOU JUST ANNOUNCE THE ACTUAL TIME THAT THE FREEZE WILL START

Post by Oldman Robustin » #392835

Both this freeze and last started at seemingly random times.

The only response to this is the same attitude that has it happening in the first place, "Quit whining bitch you're entitled to nothing".

I support the idea of Feature Freezes yet I end up so bitter about the idea of donating my time to someone who only seems to have disdain for it just has me walking away instead.

I even atomized the directional flashlight in my PR but all that did was get me inundated with requests from maintainers and players for further improvements. I mean the flashlight would only exist in the Space Ruin I had designed it for but people seemed excited about directional lighting and I figured I only had ~5 hours of work on the ruin left so I would just finish it on Monday before the Tuesday freeze.

Well you know how this ends, as I'm getting ready to push the space ruin the freeze goes up with no warning when its MIDNIGHT IN IRAQ (5pm server time) and the only straight answer I got for WHY was "its convenient for us (not you)".

If it was possible to just fart on someone through their monitor I'm sure I would've gotten that instead because that's level of maturity and decency I've come to expect.
Last edited by Oldman Robustin on Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: WHY CANT YOU JUST ANNOUNCE THE ACTUAL TIME THAT THE FREEZE WILL START

Post by DemonFiren » #392839

>why
Because it would prevent such hilariously salty posts as yours, I guess.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #392856

DemonFiren, what's your github account?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #392859

Selea wrote:DemonFiren, what's your github account?
this is such a good post ike take notes
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #392860

trust me when I say
I use the same username for everything
including my 4chan gold account
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #392870

oldman raises valid points and get's shitposted at thread #603247932096238496082340986209387902349867

welcome to the club oldman
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #392888

John_Oxford wrote:oldman raises valid points and get's shitposted at thread #603247932096238496082340986209387902349867

welcome to the club oldman
It's much easier for people to shitpost and make fun of the person making the points when they are in an undisguised salt thread, and posted by someone known for making undisguised salt threads. That doesn't make them invalid, but the point still stands that for most people the easiest avenue is the one they'll take.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #392898

hahah lmao try to game the system win stupid prizes
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #392917

oranges wrote:hahah lmao try to game the system win stupid prizes
You realize you're the maintainer I'm referring to in the OP?

The one I spent my Saturday coding angular (non-Cardinal) directional lighting for because you seemed enthusiastic about it?

I could've finished the ruin that day.

You're also the maintainer that I atomized the flashlight for in the first place in spite of the fact that the flashlight would only exist in the ruin.

So when I read your post all I can think is that the "stupid game" is treating you like a rational adult and not the childish sociopath that you constantly revert to.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #392937

I fully support you whilst whole-heartedly enjoying your furious rants and not wanting them to stop.

Fart through a monitor made me giggle thanks.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #392947

Why didn't you just talk to me like the other two people that this happened two? They both got approval to finish their in progress stuff after like ten seconds of discussion about their situation.

I've been in IRC all day and you never messaged me, so if not me, who is the target audience of this thread?
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #392961

Kor wrote:Why didn't you just talk to me like the other two people that this happened two? They both got approval to finish their in progress stuff after like ten seconds of discussion about their situation.

I've been in IRC all day and you never messaged me, so if not me, who is the target audience of this thread?
I've been in IRC too, ranting about this and nobody even hinted that it was optional - nor has it ever been optional in the past unless it was given an exception beforehand.

I also didn't see your name, unless you were Anana?

I'd be happy to PM anyone if I had any idea who to PM - but I'm not the kind of person who goes around cold-calling every gold star in IRC for favors. I don't know who my damn audience is either, MSO made it seem like a freeze initiation was some kind of team-decision made by maintainers so I don't bloody know.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #393058

Oldman Robustin wrote:
Kor wrote:Why didn't you just talk to me like the other two people that this happened two? They both got approval to finish their in progress stuff after like ten seconds of discussion about their situation.

I've been in IRC too, ranting about this and nobody even hinted that it was optional - nor has it ever been optional in the past unless it was given an exception beforehand.

I also didn't see your name, unless you were Anana?

I'd be happy to PM anyone if I had any idea who to PM - but I'm not the kind of person who goes around cold-calling every gold star in IRC for favors. I don't know who my damn audience is either, MSO made it seem like a freeze initiation was some kind of team-decision made by maintainers so I don't bloody know.
ananas is another name for pineapples yes. I'm the only one other than the bot who ever has OP in that channel as well if you lose track of me.

It was a team decision to start but I'd still have just said "yeah sure go ahead" if you explained how you had to split your PR and needed to open one a couple hours late.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #393070

oranges is a needless asshole a LOT but lmaoing eternally at goofball telling him to to be a dick

anyways I still don't get how people complain about this, you should know better by now and even if you fuck up kor has always been reasonable about it
Limey wrote:its too late.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #393166

Armhulen wrote:
Selea wrote:DemonFiren, what's your github account?
this is such a good post ike take notes
wot?
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #393267

@Qbopper

I don't even know how you can call this a "fuckup" for anyone who was a victim of this stupidity. If you post that the freeze will begin for an EST English-speaking server on the 21st, then nobody should reasonable expect that deadline to trigger when its fucking midnight of the 21st in Iraq.

Then Kor, for whatever reason prior to the freeze, switches his name to "Ananas", and I forgot to consult my "who the fuck has how many stars" chart so I could pester him in PM's to give me a reprieve from the stupidity of the team he leads so fuck me I guess.

Kor I figured you were the kind of person who didn't appreciate the constant barrage of courtiers begging for your favor but all I can see if you continuing to cultivate an environment where you're the only person who can produce sane outcomes for people. I think everyone would be happier if you just nudged our institutions into even the most basic tenets of rational and reasonable operating practices.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #393268

The freeze sprung up five minutes before i opened a refactor/feature pr, Kor ended up okaying it even without me asking. I do kinda disagree on using early timezones as the freeze start point, but instant pitchforks only make people less inclined to help you.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #393496

Oldman Robustin wrote:If you post that the freeze will begin for an EST English-speaking server on the 21st, then nobody should reasonable expect that deadline to trigger when its fucking midnight of the 21st in Iraq.
Are you implying we should use EST?

If so please find the nearest airlock because our one true god and savior is UTC, behead those who say otherwise.