Pipes update

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Donkie
Byond Username: Donkieyo

Pipes update

Post by Donkie » #1938

Plumbers and atmosians reunite!

This update is ment to fix up any visual shit found within atmos and their gas pipes. Visually both ingame but also the code, and also clean up the metric shitton of icons atmos has.
A lot of these errors are things people have always seen as features, so you might not have even realised it's broken.
So far I've done the following:
  • General code cleanup, absolute paths errywhere
  • Pipes are now colored using the color var instead of specific icons for each color. This means: 1. Less icons, 2. Unlimited amount of color possibilities
  • Broken pipes (not connected in one of the ends) now display properly using the T-ray scanner
  • Pipemanifold is also colorable using color var
  • Pipemanifold icon have been lowered to 3 iconstates from roughly 12 or something. This means: 1. Cleaner code, 2. Less codertears
  • Pipemanifold now displays properly using T-ray, even when any of the ends are not attached:
  • All pipe's colors are now displayed properly using T-ray
  • Removed the "dirt" which is found at the end of all pipe pieces, lines of pipes look a lot better now IMO
  • Fixed up the shading of pipes, the dark side is always to the WEST or SOUTH, this was pretty inconsistent before

• Pumps now support colored pipes
  • Updated pump icon slightly, replacing the red direction ribbon with an arrowthingy:
  • Filters now have broken ends for where pipes are not attached
  • Filterpipes now share color of the pipe it's connected to:
  • Binary (two ends) and trinary (three ends) devices now update their icons properly

• All devices, both binary and triary, now set their pipe colors depending on the attached pipe, example:
  • Vents, scrubbers and injectors now show the pipe connected properly.
Github branch for those interested: https://github.com/Donkie/-tg-station/commits/pipes
Last edited by Donkie on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: Pipes update

Post by Bluespace » #1942

This is perfect.
I play Boris Pepper.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #1944

I'd like it if the pump direction arrow was more prominent, otherwise A+ 10/10
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Donkie

Post by Donkie » #1945

Psyentific wrote:I'd like it if the pump direction arrow was more prominent, otherwise A+ 10/10
Yeah I'm no spriter, but I had to throw up something because the red ribbon looked shit with a red pipe underneith. Anyone is free to help.
vista

Post by vista » #2004

Perhaps you could make that ribbon use the negative of the current colour. It won't look as good, but it will certainly be visible on all colors.
Donkie

Post by Donkie » #2005

That'll probably look worse than what it is currently. Surely it would work, but IMO a better sprite is the better alternative.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #2058

I forgot to say this when I first saw this thread, but this is great stuff. Seriously, excellent work here.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #2434

Have you found a use for tubing as well?

Because if you have, and if it is as a makeshift pipe, then you are a god.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
Donkie

Post by Donkie » #2533

Tubing?
flazeo25

Post by flazeo25 » #2664

Think aseaheru means the transport tubes/transport station, making them buildable/deconstructable for atmos.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #2706

I think Asheaheru means the tubes in tubing.dmi.

私は完璧
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #2898

That is what I mean, thank you Richards.
Although, building transport tubes sounds fun, but that would be in a different topic.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #2929

Nice job. Maybe the direction arrow could be colour though? or at least more prominent. Though its 1000x better than the red stripe with always confused me (In my mind the red strip should have been the blocking end not the direction of flow)
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box