Other code projects you participate in (open source general)

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Perakp
Byond Username: Perakp

Other code projects you participate in (open source general)

Post by Perakp » #51634

Have you ever contributed to or closely watched other code projects? Have you been part of a modding community?
Doesn't matter if it's open source or not. And I know we got some professional software developers or such lurking here, your job related coding work doesn't count.

Links and stories how you came about them would be nice, what got you interested and what did you do etc.

Also open source general talk: what does open source matter to you, if you lost interest in ss13 would you ever consider starting a new open source project or making it a hobby to contribute to something that already existed. Is open source a sustainable and/or the best model to develop software?

If /tg/ ss13 is your only code project, think about how awesome it would be if more of the games you loved were open source, or if modding tools were a staple in games you buy.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Other code projects you participate in (open source gene

Post by Remie Richards » #51646

I made a mod of a youtuber for Don't starve once.
The guy made a video about it, which was cool since I was only doing it for shits+giggles.
私は完璧
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Re: Other code projects you participate in (open source gene

Post by Hornygranny » #51677

I've contributed on and off to large mods for Paradox games. The speed of development is typically very slow, so it's hard to stay interested.