Code Bounty 30 USD/25 Euros - spider changes

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Code Bounty 30 USD/25 Euros - spider changes

Post by Arathian » #497697

Payment by your prefered means. Has to be available in the EU with no significant fee. Payment upon completion.

PR needs:

Changing spider directive font to be a larger font, similar to other antag fonts.

Adding directive in the memory tab.

Renaming "midwife" spiders to "broodmother" spiders.

Making a "Spider injector" item that injects a special chemical into a golden slime extract to produce 3 PASSIVE (neutral/braindead) broodmother spiders once injected. The reaction should be the same as when gold slime extract is injected with blood, but it only produces spiders.

The injector should be available only as a syndicate traitor item, worth 10 crystals at least. Feedback on this welcome.

In addition, in case of feedback, I would require quick changes to values to be made, or quick bugfixes in case of an issue. If any larger rework is required, we will discuss additional payment.
Iron, blood and spider armies
knacker48
Byond Username: Knacker48

Re: Code Bounty 30 USD/25 Euros - spider changes

Post by knacker48 » #497710

Why 3 spiders and not just one? I mean I know that golds + blood makes 3 passive mobs so you're trying to keep it consistent, but you only really need one plus a sentience potion to get the ball rolling
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #497728

I'll throw in another 5 USD if the coder ensures the item is instead named something like "Australian Slime Mutator" and adds at least once instance of "Crikey!" Into the uplink description.

I was considering a second code bounty for a similar gold slime item by it might warrant another topic
Arathian

Post by Arathian » #497746

knacker48 wrote:Why 3 spiders and not just one? I mean I know that golds + blood makes 3 passive mobs so you're trying to keep it consistent, but you only really need one plus a sentience potion to get the ball rolling
It's just a matter of consistency. 1 or 3 is the same for me. I don't mind personally. It's essentially the same function as you correctly mention.
Arathian

Post by Arathian » #497904

Found interested person.

Thanks everyone!
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #498835

Bounty is done https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/44559

Yakumo_Chen wrote:I'll throw in another 5 USD if the coder ensures the item is instead named something like "Australian Slime Mutator" and adds at least once instance of "Crikey!" Into the uplink description.

I was considering a second code bounty for a similar gold slime item by it might warrant another topic
I added this and a bunch of other aussie memes but if Arathian prefers it without the aussie references I'll have to remove em. also feel free to DM me if you want more gold core stuff, I made them work with specific mobs now anyways
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #498942

oh shit guess i better pay up

how do i pay questinus