What are you working on?

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

What are you working on?

Post by Mickyan » #505247

Do you want to show something that isn't ready, may never be ready or went so wrong that it's worth sharing? Do it here

[youtube]-WzwowCyJTY[/youtube]
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: What are you working on?

Post by PKPenguin321 » #505248

Mickyan wrote:Do you want to show something that isn't ready, may never be ready or went so wrong that it's worth sharing? Do it here

[youtube]-WzwowCyJTY[/youtube]
fucking awesome dude, i wanted to add this when i first coded them but i had no clue how
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Mickyan
Github User

Post by Mickyan » #505251

Well I can't guarantee the code quality'll pass scrutiny but we'll see, I'm doing the best I can

When I started I thought it'd be a lot easier and boy was I wrong
Be nice to each other.
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #505288

obviously 100% of my time is dedicated to infection gamemode right now but i did have a couple things i was gonna do

lavaland random events: basically imagine the alaskan bull worm eating a 5x255 hole at some angle in lavaland and random shit like that just to spice up and make different rounds on lavaland unique

[youtube]e6d1Y4R2k_Q[/youtube]
here's this totally ass surgery rework i was gonna do, obviously wouldn't have released it like this, but you get the idea of it being a more active job. mostly scrapped because i think surgery is unfun in the first place for the other person, and didn't want to touch it. also got a bit of backlash from people who liked that it was a more laid back job.

i wanted to rework the medals system to be more like goonstation with cosmetic rewards for achievements like defeating megafauna, or detonating a bomb of a specific record, or detonating 1000 grenades, exploring some away mission, etc. pretty much didn't decide to add it since nobody seemed interested as well, and i'm not sure something liked in goon would be liked in tg as well. also i didn't have sprites for cosmetics so that kinda destroys that right there haha.

also that skateboarding is hilarious please add that.
Last edited by Whoneedspacee on Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
retired ss13 coderman
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #505289

beginnings of the lava arena attack, if you know the modern day version this looks pretty hilarious in comparison, can't imagine what it would do to the station.

infection looked very different only a few months ago, nobody even seemed to give a shit about it at this point to be honest. i thank fury for fixing like half the issues with this mode to be honest (sprites, sounds, etc)

there was also the radial menu upgrade system in that video, seemes neat but it makes it basically impossible to directly put descriptions in so i sadly scrapped it for a tgui system. it's honestly better because i don't have to make sprites for every single upgrade and you can more easily see all of them, but part of me does miss the radial system even if it was fucking impossible to navigate.
retired ss13 coderman
Mickyan
Github User

Post by Mickyan » #505335

Whoneedspacee wrote: [youtube]e6d1Y4R2k_Q[/youtube]
This looks so cool, maybe not surgery but I wish more actions were like this rather than arbitrary waiting times

Could even be a way to finish actions earlier rather than a requirement, think of the timed reload from Gears of War
Be nice to each other.
Mickyan
Github User

Post by Mickyan » #538524

I am resurrecting this thread with high quality content

[youtube]4JhguPMpPF8[/youtube]
Be nice to each other.
Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Post by Arcanemusic » #540273

Well most of what I'm working on is trying to help money change hands more dynamically in the round without every exchange being literal bartering over a table.
Food display cases:
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/48994

Price tags and shared export gains:
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/49111

Food items having an export value:
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/49168

All of this and more is slowly driving me insane (especially since at the time of writing I need to completely rewrite all of the food items PR) but it'll be worth it with all 3 merged and together.
I Broke: Economy, Hydroponics, Trading Cards, Mice, Civilian Bounties, the BEPIS, Techwebs, Newscasters, and MORE EVERY DAY
mickyy5
Byond Username: Mickyy5

Post by mickyy5 » #544362

Working on skill capes for people who get legendary.
They can only be worn by people who are legendary in that particular skill and do nothing else apart from having bragging rights.
"I spent 1.5 hours pretending to clean up this virtual space station and all I got was this lousy cape"

Git problems, DM problems and me being lazy have slowed this project up for a while tho.
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #544604

Botany borg. Uses unused sprite. Has a cool watering can synthesizer. Coming real soon when i find out why it's not showing up in the module list.
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #545416

really shit ruins
[this space reserved]
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #545455

wesoda25 wrote:really shit ruins
can we have a look
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #545475

I usually make a branch when I have an idea so I don't forget it. Some of these I haven't started, others I haven't worked on in ages
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #545590

uterus
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #545654

Flatulent wrote: can we have a look
This is a lavaland library ruin im working on, its meant to be based off that one episode of avatar:
Spoiler:
all the coding and minor refactoring i had to do for it are done, but based off some feedback ive decided to redo the shape to make it not a box, and maybe through room extensions/additions

The other idea I'm working on I have no actual mapping done for, but have some of the fluff items/things coded. It'll basically be a cozy bath house space ruin, with positive moodlets and comfy stuff and shit. no actual motivation to go in, but a nice, aesthetic visit for someone aimlessly exploring space like i do. Library ruin is pretty aesthetic too, but there is some loot you can get out of it
[this space reserved]
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #547283

This thread makes me happy
Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Post by Arcanemusic » #553233

Ya know price tags? That's those things you can use on a wrapped up crate, and split up the profits cargo would make on the sale between yourself and the cargo budget.
I'm making it so the tool you can use to do that is going to be a modular computer app.
I mean ya know what I'm not chained to the basement of botany.
I Broke: Economy, Hydroponics, Trading Cards, Mice, Civilian Bounties, the BEPIS, Techwebs, Newscasters, and MORE EVERY DAY
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #561495

chicken research station with evil chickens and mutant chicken
[this space reserved]
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #561548

Still working on this goddamn departmental research bullshit. I have the points and departments sorted out, just figuring out how to only show the correct ones for each department.

Once I'm done with that, I'm going back to re-mapping XB on Pubby.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #561633

So you know how chip bags tend to burst if packaged at sea level and brought up to a high altitude? Well the same thing should happen if a chip bag is packaged in a space station, then the space station is depressurized. Then the chips may fly out at high speeds, perhaps causing minor lacerations & bleeding(maybe only bleeding) when they imbed into you. It will be rare, but if someone bought too many chips, and there's a breach nearby, someone is getting a limb-full of chips!
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness