[Code Bounty] Prayers and CC requests

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

[Code Bounty] Prayers and CC requests

Post by WineAllWine » #610612

£25 for a PR (that gets accepted) that will make me able to see all the prayers and Centcom/Syndicate requests made in the current round.
An Additional £10 if you can make an accepted PR that makes all of the above make a sound that is optional in preferences.

I believe administrative PRs are exempt from the feature freeze.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: [Code Bounty] Prayers and CC requests

Post by bobbahbrown » #610630

i can do this, ill look at it in about 15 minutes

best,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #610643

As a sidenote, it's generally frowned upon to not pay bounties if they aren't merged, unless it's for something disastrously obvious.

People still put the work in, and it's not unusual for maintainers to make requests the developer isn't skilled enough to know how to do, or to reject the design entirely. The latter isn't likely to happen here because it's administrative stuff, but food for thought.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #610650

Jaredfogle wrote:As a sidenote, it's generally frowned upon to not pay bounties if they aren't merged, unless it's for something disastrously obvious.

People still put the work in, and it's not unusual for maintainers to make requests the developer isn't skilled enough to know how to do, or to reject the design entirely. The latter isn't likely to happen here because it's administrative stuff, but food for thought.
Honestly, it's fine as long as it's communicated beforehand. You're just less likely to get takers for your bounty because the idea of not getting paid after you've written the code isn't too appealing.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #610715

Yeah as long as its clear that the bounty is rewarded on MERGE (with the default being on PR'd) I have no issue with that.

Just realize it prob wont get completed lol.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #610800

why is this being discussed after bobbah 'bee' brown already agreed to do it on the well communicated terms
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #610802

terranaut wrote:why is this being discussed after bobbah 'bee' brown already agreed to do it on the well communicated terms
its ok its a reasonable thing to discuss! i don't think anyone meant any harm.

best,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #610804

i dont think anyone meant harm either, it just seemed very moot to me
i hope progress goes well for you

what will you spend your 25 great british pounds (gbp (good boy points)) on? or are you going for 35?
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #611190

the requested PR has been created, and you can find it here.

as discussed privately, should the PR get merged, i would request that you donate the proceeds of this bounty to a charity. you asked me to pick one, so i would ask that you donate the funds to the royal british legion as i feel veterans deserve better than what a lot of governments provide.

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

WineAllWine
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Wineallwine

Post by WineAllWine » #611275

donation.png
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #611276

bobbahbrown wrote:the requested PR has been created, and you can find it here.

as discussed privately, should the PR get merged, i would request that you donate the proceeds of this bounty to a charity. you asked me to pick one, so i would ask that you donate the funds to the royal british legion as i feel veterans deserve better than what a lot of governments provide.

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown
damn dude i set this website up ages ago and no one donated until now thanks guys!

im going to buy a nerf gun
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman