[Code bounty] Cool new changeling ability.

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

[Code bounty] Cool new changeling ability.

Post by The Wrench » #626752

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopi ... =9&t=30760
► Show Spoiler
Hello! I saw this idea on the idea subforum and nearly instantly fell in love with it. I don’t have the coding know how to get something like this into a working form, but the idea is simply too cool to pass up. I understand the policy behind code bounties and how a merge isn’t guaranteed, but having the idea put into code would still be really sweet.
I’m negotiable on the price but I’m thinking 10 dollars would be a fair starting bounty.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Re: [Code bounty] Cool new changeling ability.

Post by Whoneedspacee » #628269

so basically turning someone else into an antag and becoming their chaplain sword

will have to think about how to flesh this out to make it more interesting tbh but it wouldnt be particularly difficult to turn someone into a pseudo holoparasite by having them be stuck in someones contents
retired ss13 coderman
The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #628719

Essentally that. Vaguely reminds me of Goonling hivemind now that I'm thinking about it. That or the arm creature from Paracyte. I'm open to any ideas on what ya think may work.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #628798

Adam Klein wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:50 am Essentally that. Vaguely reminds me of Goonling hivemind now that I'm thinking about it. That or the arm creature from Paracyte. I'm open to any ideas on what ya think may work.
MFW someone realized I was ripping off I was inspired by parasyte
Whoneedspacee wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:51 pm so basically turning someone else into an antag and becoming their chaplain sword

will have to think about how to flesh this out to make it more interesting tbh but it wouldnt be particularly difficult to turn someone into a pseudo holoparasite by having them be stuck in someones contents
I would not mind you going full parasyte + goon ling arm-blade on this, but this is not my bounty.
► Show Spoiler