Need advice on pull request

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
MrNihil
Byond Username: MrNihil

Need advice on pull request

Post by MrNihil » #635296

Tl:Dr how to make Senpais notice my PR so it can be merged (or rejected).

Hi, a week ago I requested PR to fix genetics (monkeys despite wiki claim do not generate CRISPR charge. Instead of making a bug report I wanted to contribute to the game and made a quick fix. I pushed the branch and made Pull Request. It went silent and then went stale. I thought that maybe you need to announce it somewhere so I asked on Discord (no reply) and asked Mothblocks as it seems he is maintaining this part of game - no reply.

I know we all do have our stuff to do, and nobody has to be available 24/7, tough I have an idea that maybe I am doing something wrong that it didnt got noticed. Do I miss some steps, butt-licking, bribery etc to push forward my bugfix?
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: Need advice on pull request

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #635299

I know we all do have our stuff to do, and nobody has to be available 24/7, tough I have an idea that maybe I am doing something wrong that it didnt got noticed. Do I miss some steps, butt-licking, bribery etc to push forward my bugfix?
In all likelyhood, but its thoroughly up to them to manage their time so don't feel bad about about it. I imagine you meant this Url i've retrieved for you?: <https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/65552>

It looks like a nifty bit of fix-work. Good Job. ;)
Off Topic
Between now and your PR, the sussy airlock PR recieved more attention, take that as you will.

Spoiler:
MrNihil
Byond Username: MrNihil

Post by MrNihil » #635304

Thanks for reply! Yeah, thats the one. Well guess I will have to be patient then :D
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #635399

If your pr is stale feel free to bully the maintainers on discord about it, we do often just miss things, get a lot of prs, and now that like a quarter of our active maints are headmins there's less time to go around
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #635451

I just ask in Discord and link it and if they don't respond that time ask again later