[Code Bounty] Make heterochromia a quirk

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

[Code Bounty] Make heterochromia a quirk

Post by Drag » #637603

As the title says.

PR #66164 was closed and it made me really sad because it was going to include a customization option I have wanted for quite a while on TG. However the PR was marked do not merge and closed because it refactored how eyes work, separating them into two organs.

The requirement for this bounty are as follows:
When selecting a heterochromia character quirk an overlay on either the left or right eye that allows someone to make one eye a separate color from their base eye color. The only conserns I have are transformations and how the quirk would interact so keep that in mind.

I'm offering 10 dollars for the bounty that will be paid upon presenting me with proof that the code works and an open PR is provided.

Edit: Price is negotiable, however, I have been told adding an overlay is pretty easy. However, I also don't code so.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Re: [Code Bounty] Make heterochromia a quirk

Post by TheFinalPotato » #638052

Mildly cringe
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #638116

yeah as far as making a snowflake OC goes heterochromia is kind of played out. i met a woman once who was a receptionist or something dumb at an ophthalmologist's office and she had heterochromia and it was obvious she was trying too hard to be quirky
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #638343

TheFinalPotato wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:01 am Mildly cringe
No u
cacogen wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:48 am yeah as far as making a snowflake OC goes heterochromia is kind of played out. i met a woman once who was a receptionist or something dumb at an ophthalmologist's office and she had heterochromia and it was obvious she was trying too hard to be quirky
Didn't ask, don't care.

Speaking of:
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/66164

has been presented to me, this code bounty is going to be closed with the side note that the coder did not wish to claim the offered money. I'm stating this for record keeping purposes.
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #638400

Drag wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:12 pm No u
wtf
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?