[Code Bounty] White cane for blind characters

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Foomf
Byond Username: Sacredoats

[Code Bounty] White cane for blind characters

Post by Foomf » #644224

I'd like there to be a white cane item that could be held by blind characters. It'd make it clear that whomever is holding it can't see. $5 for it to be sprited and added to the game.

I'd also like for it to be crafted from an iron rod or two. $2.50 for the recipe to be added.

I'd also like for the white cane to be sold by the medbay vendor (where TTS devices are sold). $2.50 for the item to be added to the vendor.

I'd also like for the white cane to fold up so it can compactly fit in a bag or pocket slot. Using in hand would switch it between being folded up and being deployed. $5 for the mechanic and alternate sprite (folded up) to be added.

I'd also like for a blind person holding a white cane to have a larger radius that they can "see". It can be subtle. $5 for the mechanic to be added.

Overall, that all ads up to $20 for everything to be added. The first part is mandatory but anyone willing to take up this bounty can choose what else to implement/get merged. I can be contacted on discord (Sacredoats#7202) to work out payment details or answer any questions. Thank you!