[Claimed] Fix Cult soulstones not working properly.

How, what and why to code in BYOND.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

[Claimed] Fix Cult soulstones not working properly.

Post by Shadowflame909 » #644414

10 bucks for each bug fixed. 20 bucks total.

Big cult bug that has been acting as a sort of nerf to both the cult and the ghosts in the game.

How the bug works: Sacrifice a dead corpse on the cult offer rune. They explode into gibs. You get an empty soul-stone because the ghost wasnt in their body. Their now unrevivable and their head becomes brainless.

How it used to work: Sacrificing a corpse would put their soul in a soul-stone by force. Even if they weren't in their body. Therefore not DNRing the person.

Second Bug: Find a dead corpse without a soul, be it morgue, legion, humanized monkey, or a catonic player. Use a soul-stone on it. Get a message that says "This body already belongs to Nar'sie. Sacrifice it!" Get the 3 people requirement to Sacrifice it and because of the first bug, end up with another empty soulstone. Now you have two.

How it used to work: Find a dead body without a soul. Use the soulstone on it. It polls to ghosts. If ghosts take it, the body dusts and you now get a sentient soul in the soul-stone. If no ghosts take it, you get a text that says it was rejected and to try again.

Pretty debilitating but the worst part is how much unintentional round removal it causes, and it removes the strongest part of cult. Their ability to come back like cockroaches.

The last cult change was several months ago, and it was the big cult revamp. Since there hasn't been any weird nerf PR for cult. this is definitely not intended behavior.
Fix either of them and I'll be glad because it brings back people into game!

Edit: Here are the two issue reports. https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/66629 https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/67014
Last edited by Shadowflame909 on Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Re: [Code Bounty] Fix Cult soulstones not working properly.

Post by mrmelbert » #644521

Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: [Code Bounty] Fix Cult soulstones not working properly.

Post by Shadowflame909 » #644893

Heck yeah. I don't know why or how I missed this. DM me on the forums or on discord at Shadowmist909#0731 so I can pay up
► Show Spoiler